Poll: Keep difficulty at the same level or?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the heroics, a lot. The difficulty should not be nerfed because they feel epic. Some of the encounters can be touched up a bit but other than that i think they are wonderful.
    Fûrbs - Troll Druid - Area 52
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%aee/advanced
    Starcaller

Bit harder please.

Enjoyable as they are now nonetheless.

I've not come across anyone having issues with threat though, and when I tank I'm streets ahead of well geared dps. Maybe threat generation could use a bit of a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Furb View Post
    I enjoy the heroics, a lot. The difficulty should not be nerfed because they feel epic. Some of the encounters can be touched up a bit but other than that i think they are wonderful.
    well i just hope that when they releas annother big patch with raid they tune them up a bit

I'm sorry but I love challenge so I say keep it the way it is (if not harder). But when ICC came out it wasn't faceroll easy, right now Heroics are basically 'the new'. Its going to take a while before people are geared enough to run raids so instead of worrying about raid nights worry about getting gear from heroics imho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of coarse they shouldn't nerf them. They need to stay at the difficulty they are now.
    If anything, I think they should BUFF heroics. They aren't hard once you get ilevel 346 in every slot. It's pretty faceroll actually. I've even got 3 epics, 2 from rep, 1 from Magmaw. It's really not hard.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I still find most of my groups ignoring CC and aoeing it all down. Which actually still works if you have a competent group.

To that effect: BUFF heroics, they are too easy for people with more than 5 brain-cells :\
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

H's feel like they did in BC; fun, exhilarating, and with a moderate amount of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    While I would disapprove of returning to the "gearscore XXX" dilemma, I do think that players should have a slightly higher iLvL average requirement to do said heroics. I mean, right off the top of my head... BRC, GB, and HoO can be EXTEMELY difficult to the say the least if the tank is not at least "mostly" norm 85 dungeon geared, as well as healers.
    I completely disagree with this. I'm a Tank and BRC was my first heroic I did, sure we wiped alot. But the pug'd group I was in stuck it through and learned the fights. I was/am pretty under geared, but as long as your tank knows how to use their CDs just right, you'll be fine. On that note, I also did Grim Batol right after BRC, and HoO right after that. All of them pugs, and we did just fine.

On that note, I may of had good healers, but maybe they were good because the dps wasn't stupid and getting hurt as much. It all really depends on the group. Any Heroics is -easy- with a group that has their head screwed on.

Add a "IDC" option.

stay where they are

Make them harder, I've done all the heroics and with the gear they're just going to get easier : /

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Add a "IDC" option.
    If you don't care, don't post. -_-"

Make them more difficult or atleast keep it the same.
    That way we can weed out the retards or bad people that belong to farm HKs and make money, etc. Not raiding.

Plus, this shit is going to get easy once new content comes out. You farm heroics to get t11 gear, once you get t11 gear its supposed to go bye much easier
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Make them more difficult or atleast keep it the same.
    That way we can weed out the retards or bad people that belong to farm HKs and make money, etc. Not raiding.

Plus, this shit is going to get easy once new content comes out. You farm heroics to get t11 gear, once you get t11 gear its supposed to go bye much easier
    Harder? To please the 5% of people who are breezing through them? Think about other people. You gotta be considerate. Besides, adjusting the difficulty isnt going to do any one any good. Just cuz something is hard doesn't mean its fun. After doing a dungeon 50 times, it gets boring. No amount of difficulty can change that.

Bottom line? Gains from upping the difficulty = Nothing. Gain from decreasing it = More people can get geared for raids. Hardcores get pissed. Gain from doing nothing = Some hardcores angry they arent more difficult. Casuals angry they are too difficult. Every one else is content.

Upping the difficulty does nothing so thats not an option. Decreasing it makes casuals happy which is what the large majority of wowers are but gets the hardcores annoyed. Keeping it the way it is makes some people happy and some people annoyed. Honestly I'd probably keep it the way it is if I were Blizz. They don't want to look like they cater solely to casual players so heroics are probably not going to change any time soon. In the future when tier gear is easy to obtain and buyable with JP, they should be easier. So with patience the casuals will get what they want while Blizzard doesn't have to lift a finger or look like they cater to them.

Deleted
    Just got my Cataclysm Dungeon Hero achie.. Loved every dungeon<3

So, KEEP IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Harder? To please the 5% of people who are breezing through them? Think about other people. You gotta be considerate. Besides, adjusting the difficulty isnt going to do any one any good. Just cuz something is hard doesn't mean its fun. After doing a dungeon 50 times, it gets boring. No amount of difficulty can change that.

Bottom line? Gains from upping the difficulty = Nothing. Gain from decreasing it = More people can get geared for raids. Hardcores get pissed. Gain from doing nothing = Some hardcores angry they arent more difficult. Casuals angry they are too difficult. Every one else is content.

Upping the difficulty does nothing so thats not an option. Decreasing it makes casuals happy which is what the large majority of wowers are but gets the hardcores annoyed. Keeping it the way it is makes some people happy and some people annoyed. Honestly I'd probably keep it the way it is if I were Blizz. They don't want to look like they cater solely to casual players so heroics are probably not going to change any time soon. In the future when tier gear is easy to obtain and buyable with JP, they should be easier. So with patience the casuals will get what they want while Blizzard doesn't have to lift a finger or look like they cater to them.
    Mmm..Im not breezing through them. They still take me awhile to do, Grim Batol, SFK, Deadmines and maybe even HoO take me 2-3 hours. Do I care? Not when Im under a time constriction...Makes it worth it in the end.

Gains from upping the the difficulty = feeling like you accomplished something?..
    Gains from decreasing it = More bads? I really hope they weed them out.

Again, you can do other stuff when they become trivial (in t11 + gear). JP is easy to get. The first bosses of all instances have generally very little trash between them. I.e., SFK has a 3 trash pack pull, HoO has 2, etc. You can get 6x70 jp or so by doing that.

Kind of offtopic, has anyone noticed the first bosses of a heroic are easy and the 2nd is challenging or atleast more harder than the first, 3rd easy, 4th hard..etc.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Apila View Post
    Just got my Cataclysm Dungeon Hero achie.. Loved every dungeon<3

So, KEEP IT!
    How did you do that? :O. Ive only complted a few (5-8?) Are they really hard with the gear we have?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    With guild group it really wasnt that hard

When i started tanking heroics my gear was horrible. And mana breaks after every pull..
    These days its almost nonstop, with CC ofc.

If you want you can go to my armory for proofs :> Apila, Karazhan-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    No people just need to get out of this WOLK induced WTF BBQ gimmie my E-peen enlarging loot kkthanxbai faceroll lol easy HC's funk© ® and get used to actually having to watch their rotations and weather or not they stand in the fire.
    You may be smarter than me but I inherited a multi-million dollar enterprise.

make them harder imo
    85 Manabrødx Main
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8dx/simple
    85 Gethax Alt
    I am dave ! yognaught
    /salute

10+ Year Old Account
    Need buffing imho.

They aren't that bad once your gear gets better.
    I'm going to do some real damage!