Deleted

Al'akir (Lightning strike 25man)

We're currently struggling with the ability called "Lightning Strike" he casts in whole p1, do anyone know what tricks this ability to happen. We have been looking into lots of logs but we can't find anything or any logs where people take serious damage from it.

Spread out into groups across the entire circular platform to avoid chaining each individual strike to more then a few people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumb View Post
    Spread out into groups across the entire circular platform to avoid chaining each individual strike to more then a few people.
    We have tried this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the signs on the ground to have 8 groups of 3 on each platform. Get nature resistance totems all over. Heal good. Done.
    Last edited by Trivial; 2010-12-17 at 12:34 PM.

spread out more, u can spread around half of the circle
    Clarisè

I assume you checked videos of, for example, paragon when they killed him on Beta? If not, go do it now.

Otherwise you could try to just have 1 guy to focus on looking at what's going wrong. Maybe it's quite obvious mistakes you do, but might be hard to spot when you focus on doing your DPS/healer/Tank job.

Deleted
    We have tried to spread around the whole platform with 20 yards between everyone, and yes healers was spread all over.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuko View Post
    I assume you checked videos of, for example, paragon when they killed him on Beta? If not, go do it now.

Otherwise you could try to just have 1 guy to focus on looking at what's going wrong. Maybe it's quite obvious mistakes you do, but might be hard to spot when you focus on doing your DPS/healer/Tank job.
    Dude, the fight have changed a lot since the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuko View Post

Well, clearly you aren't aware of this, but the kill videos from beta are of an incarnation of Al'Akir where lightning strike isn't present in his killset. The ability was hotfixed in last week, and whilst many of the guilds who have killed it refuse to admit it, it wasn't there for the first week of raids, up until tuesday of this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by illulina View Post
    We have tried to spread around the whole platform with 20 yards between everyone, and yes healers was spread all over.
    Well here's an illustration of what I meant (yes I am terrible):

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Well here's an illustration of what I meant (yes I am terrible):

I did one myself short time ago

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then your healers are terrible and your raid needs to not get picked up by the squall line.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Use the signs on the ground to have 8 groups of 3 on each platform. Get nature resistance totems all over. Heal good. Done.
    this! a camp of 3 ppl will "Only" take 60k dmg from the lightning thingy. the one camp with 4ppl will take 80. this is pretty much the only possible solution to al'arkir 25man.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2010-12-17 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Well, clearly you aren't aware of this, but the kill videos from beta are of an incarnation of Al'Akir where lightning strike isn't present in his killset. The ability was hotfixed in last week, and whilst many of the guilds who have killed it refuse to admit it, it wasn't there for the first week of raids, up until tuesday of this week.
    Actually, Lightning Strike was present later in the beta after Al'akir got buffed significantly, TGNWarcraft's video talked about it much. I'm not entirely sure if the incarnation of the Lightning Strike that's seen in the video is the same as it's on live, though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spreading out in 8 groups wasn't that bad. The real problem is being pretty much unable to move left/right without chaining too much - makes it a real pain to avoid Squall. Plus he can LS after knockback, that's quite a bit of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Not true, we killed it first week on like Saturday or something.
    Check our youtube channel, I can't post link since I never post on this forum.

Search for CUTIES ONLY in youtube
    Last edited by Leneson; 2010-12-18 at 01:55 AM.