Moonkin dps question ( and rant )

Ive been playing WoW for a few years bouncing between Balanced and Resto as a MS and im only a few pieces into my heroic gear grind and it feels like Moonkins are low end dps.

now let me state im not bitching about the lvl of skill i may or may not have or even the fact that the spec is broken or not....

but i understand the mechanics and the class. BUT what is making me fu@king crazy are these heroic pug groups and their over all attitude.
    i was in heroic Stonecore and my dps was 5-7k on the trash since i was being careful not to tab over and pull a mob on the trash going to the 2nd boss... and of course not using AoE (starfall)
    the healer runs to one side and pulls a set of mobs.... then the tank goes CRAZY on me saying how much he hates all Moonkin and goins crazy in /p for a few minutes. im standing there like um wtf did i do.. hes going insane about skill and starfall and dps... i was like look at recount/skada and see i didnt so anything but single target. just seems like ive had to take a horrible beating from these pugs when its past experiences they are having..... ugh
    (i know run a guild or server 5man heroic, but atm im on vacation and i have more play time then my normal log in times)

needless to say he tried kick voting me ( and lost ) then the healer after watching this rant said what happened....
    furthermore i had to b'rez his horrible DK friend 5x in that instance .....

ok sorry back to the reason for the post...

are Balanced Druids behind on the dps/damage charts in raids and heroics ( if in full heroic gear) ?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a fellow chicken, I have also noticed my dps is lacking compared to those I usually run with but I only go on heroics with my guild and they are of the mindset that survivability > dps. I'm not in full heroic gear yet (ilvl around 342). Just remember you have things that others don't, like b'rez, tranquility, healing spells, and even bear form so on the whole you provide far more utility for a little less dps.

Your dps matches mine to a T, especially in heroics when there are so many ways to die that you can barely concentrate.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Deleted
    Go feral. Win dps meters.

Rolling at avg ilevel 333, I got around 10k dps on a boss dummy without anything to step out of, but using the trink that procs during <35%, it should even out a bit. Right now I think boomkin dps is fine, i guess the tank and his friend were just terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I find my boss dps much higher than my trash DPS. Just do your best on trash, then tear up the meters on the bosses. (7-8k dps on trash vs 12-13k dps on bosses)