Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had good luck, I've had bad luck.

Best luck on rare mounts was getting my green proto on the second egg for my Lock. I was fully prepared for my weekly disappointment, and quite relieved to not deal with that nonsense.

Worst luck so far has been my repeated Sethek/MgT runs for the Raven/Chocobo. My Pally does can put up his 30 minute seal at the start of Sethek, down the bosses, flap to Shat, portal to IQD, then down Kael and have ~10 minutes left on his seal, so it's not like these runs are terribly taxing, but they are starting to get a tad irritating. And to make matters worse? After having my 3rd phoenix pet drop while doing yet another daily attempt, my wife, being a pet collector, wanted the pet. So she took her SP through there. Yesterday, on her 3rd attempt for the pet... she calls to me in the other room, with this apologetic voice, "Honey?..."

Yeah, the chocobo dropped for her. But not the phoenix, naturally.

RNG is a bitch.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was drunk during a 25m Malygos run. I was going in as ret DPS but had the threat buff on. As soon as the fight started I insta pulled off of the tank and was one shotted. I remained there and watched them down Maly.

We were half guild and half pug. The rare Azure mount dropped (before it dropped off of 10m too) and the roll system was still on Need Vs. Greed.

We all /rolled. I won. And by some miracle no one ninjaed it while I ran back to loot it.

It's still my favorite mount because of the conidtions I got it and I use it all the time.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many people have the "Red" Scarab from AQ40? I went on a run for some transmog gear and I hadnt even known about it but when I won the roll those people instantly hated me. I didnt know they had been trying every week since it was new content for that dam mount that is only useful inside. Oh well.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 03:36 PM ----------

whats TLPD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phlover View Post
    Raven from sethek !

352 times ( every day ) i was in there
    i see your 352 and raise it a 686 kills. missed a few days here and there though :<

Azure drake: 98 roll, 2nd kill. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapina View Post
    How many people have the "Red" Scarab from AQ40? I went on a run for some transmog gear and I hadnt even known about it but when I won the roll those people instantly hated me. I didnt know they had been trying every week since it was new content for that dam mount that is only useful inside. Oh well.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 03:36 PM ----------

whats TLPD?
    TLPD= Time Lost Proto Drake

A few years ago I had just been laid off and was dealing with the breakup of a long term boyfriend. I was pretty bummed and needless to say suddenly had a lot of extra time on my hands, so I decided to camp TLPD.

After weeks of camping I decided to check on my main one more time before logging off for the day, and much to my delight he was right in front of me! I quickly Moonfired him and drank a Snowfall Lager to land safely, but noticed it getting hit with Lava Burst a second later and saw an Alliance Shaman was attacking him as well. My heart sank because I thought perhaps I hadn't been the first to tag it, but the Shaman quickly brought it down, and I saw the body was sparkling!

The Shaman was not happy he lost the kill to me and killed me repeatedly when I went to go loot it, bugging the body and the reins. I was really distraught as I had put hours upon hours of camping into this, but a super nice GM sent me another one in the mail later that day.

Still remains one of my favorite mounts to this day, even if it's much more common now.

The most epic hunt was the TLPD one . After 1 month of hard camping and over 30 Vyragosa kills , finally i´ve got it .

I was happy but in the same way sad , because the huntig and the TLPD ´´mistery´´ were over .. nice memories .

15 sethekk runs
    2 raven lords
    12 MGT runs
    2 white hawkstriders.

(In 1 week):
    Pureblood Firehawk
    Ashes of Al'ar
    Fiery Warhorse.

RNG is phunny sometimes

Well I got Experiment 12-B off Ultraxion on the first kill with my guild. Pretty pumped.

15+ Year Old Account
    hit level 20 and got a mount, it was cream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in a 3 man group farming mounts back in WotLK, Ran ZG/MgT/Sethekk/Kara.

All these first drop for us.
    Swift Zulian Tiger = 26/07/09
    Swift Razzashi Raptor = 13/08/09
    Swift White Hawkstrider = 21/08/09
    Reins of the Raven Lord = 25/08/09

All my friends say I sleep with a GM because I kept winning the rolls.

Still no Fiery Warhorse, and Deathcharger's Reins (Got to get back to farming for that)

This happened a while back but...

I had been checking around Deepholm for about a month. No hardcore camping. I'd just sit there when I had nothing better to do or while waiting for something to pop.
    After 2 months of non-stop camping hell for Time-Lost [[Greifers, Losing it by seconds, Corpses, Stackers...]] I really had no desire to camp anything again for a long while. It was...really bad.
    I was planning on making myself some belt buckles and for some stupid reason I went to Deepholm to mine my ore. I did a quick check at the spawn point over by Deathwing's Fall and turned around to start my route when Aeonaxx literally spawned right under me as I flew by one of the South Western spawn points.

There was one camper who was AFK.
    She missed it by over 15 minutes.

Never tab out.

i farmed ZG about 3 months before cata came out, got the tiger then after it reset which was only a 3 day reset i went in again and both dropped! i was ecstatic! i took a friend with me just in case if the tiger dropped again so they got that and i got the raptor . So i have both the unobtainable ZG mounts

Mount stories you say..

Raven Lord I got on my first run on 2 toons.
    Rivendare's Deathcharger I got after about 60 odd solo runs, still havent got it on my current main.
    Time-Lost Proto Drake on one toon I camped it for about a month, on my current main, I got it within about 2 hours of hitting level 80 in Storm Peaks.
    Phosphorescent Stone Drake on my old(hacked/deleted ) account I farmed the bastard for at least 4 months, On my current main, I was camping him and I decided to go to bed around 4am, when I woke up and logged on, naturally I was still in deepholm so as I was heading to the temple to take the SW portal my NPCScan went nuts showing...Aeonaxx. So I started frantically flying around trying to find him, and in the process got disconnected, so i was rushing to log back on, as soon as I got back on I seen him flying in a circle right infront of me. Happy days

Let's see...

One night I was bored and logged in to camp the Time-Lost Proto Drake, I turned on a movie to watch then 5-10 minutes later, BAM!! There he was Was pretty happy about that one.

I have a friend who is a good luck charm. With him in my group i've looted Ashes of Al'ar, and both of the new ZG mounts, raptor & panther. Maybe more but that's all I can think of right now.

Hmmm. My boyfriend was running my character through Throne of Four Winds for the first time and won a roll for Drake of the South Wind It's one of my favorite mounts. He also got the Phosphorescent Stone Drake for me. I had been camping it for weeks, not knowing he would log onto my account when I was at work and check for me. One morning he logs on and baaaam, there's Aeonaxx I got a nice email at work with a screenshot.

Something I always wanted but never obtained was the Swift Razzashi Raptor. Bummer! The only time I ever saw it drop was when I was on an alt, and I let the person I was grouped with have it. Still after the Headless Horseman's mount as well, that bugger.

Deleted
    Last saturday i got my onyxia-mount after 55 ID's (more than a year).
    Everyday i killed Ony, i thought there could be the mount in the loottable. On this saturday, i thaught "It won't be inside" and then it dropped ^^

66 for me and counting ;(

Blazing Hippogryph isn't so much "rare" than "expensive" but I managed to trade for one with a Reins of Posedius.
    Seahorse is pretty rare on my server since almost everybody learns it and when it does go up for sale it's over 100k+.

Nabbed it for 90k and just traded it via Neutral AH for it.

...And I'm loving the deal and she's loving her seahorse.

Deleted
    I got the oricles drake in my first ever egg

The only semi rare mount I have ever been able to obtain is the White Polar Bear. I have never even been present for a drop in any instance and I've done them all numerous times. I don't even have the Green Proto after over 70 eggs and I have killed Rivendare, Anzu, and Kael in MT more times than I care to admit.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Got many stories, but I'll tell only one witch is kinda nice at least for me.
    Last year for Halloween I went in SM & got my mount on my main, after that I continue my farm run in Sethekk Halls for Raven Lord & got that mount too, so I said to my
    self I feel very lucky today I will try my luck to do Stratholme. I went in Stratholme & I killed Lord Aurius Rivendare, it didn't dropped I sayed to my self 1 more time, I did
    reset & I went again & there he was the mount dropped. So that's my story of getting 3 mounts in same day :P

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81 - Link for guys who don't belive