Thread: Lucky stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Our weekly Firelands achieve/legendary farm run had it's first flametalon drop this week. Buddy of mine rolled 100 on it. Bastid. :P
    u are aware that firelands alysrazor is soloable right :P? im soloing it every week on my monk

I have lost like 4 rolls on invincible
    Now I solo it

to offset by terribad luck with the only mount I want i got rivendares while a mate was boosting me in strat, got the kara mount on my 2nd try, white hawkstrider first etc

Just invincible and onys drake avoid me like the plague
    Whoops, sig too big

Deleted
    A few days ago I made a list of every mount which I was still missing and planning on farming regularly.

Then I went to Magisters Terrace for the first time after like 6 years and on my first run I got the white hawkstrider.

Unfortunately, the same didn't happen with Anzu, but Im farming him almost daily now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    A few days ago I made a list of every mount which I was still missing and planning on farming regularly.

Then I went to Magisters Terrace for the first time after like 6 years and on my first run I got the white hawkstrider.

Unfortunately, the same didn't happen with Anzu, but Im farming him almost daily now.
    Tell me more. Running karazhan since wotlk on 6 chars each week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Tell me more. Running karazhan since wotlk on 6 chars each week
    Oh I got the attumen mount with some random alt (that I dont play anymore) somewhere in BC.

Oh I got the attumen mount with some random alt (that I dont play anymore) somewhere in BC.
    Which kind of torture do you choose?

Deleted
    Farmed the Ony drake and the Archavon mount since I was able to solo them with ~7 chars every week (which I leveled for this sole purpose).
    Didn't see any of them drop.
    This week, I got both - with my main.

I was quite glad that I did decide to kill them, despite not wanting to in the first place because I couldn't be bother to do so this week,

My husband and I solo a lot of mount bosses every week. Recently he got the Onyxian Drake and he was super happy about it. We teamed up to duo Alyrazor and the mount dropped. He passed it to me because I was having terrible luck in mounts for months and he'd just gotten Onyxia. The very next day I won my own Onyxian Drake, was super happy. I geared up my alt so that I can help him kill Alyrazor on 3 chars a week now, I hope it drops again soon so I can repay him, but as far as I know the drop chance is much higher than the others, 3%. So I hope I can give it back to him soon.

I had been farming for Aeonaxx for a while on my main priest, I've had npcscan go off twice but where it has been in a different phase, so I could not see it.
    Then one day while farming ore's on my alt, I npcscan went off again. This time with Aeonaxx being right in front of me, so I could finally mount it and get the mount =)

Also, just 2 days ago, I was farming for time lost, I have been standing in the same place just south west of the hole in the middle. I fly 10 yards and npcscan goes off, sadly the drake was just killed. Lucky my, the next day, after sitting 10 yards more west than last time, from 13 til 2 in the night, time lost spawned and I could finally fly off and kill it.. And this is not my first time farming, I've used so many hours camping in storm peaks, ever since wrath.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Which kind of torture do you choose?
    It's not like I dont use it anymore, thanks to account wide mounts. And it's the only lucky roll I have EVER gotten considering rare mounts. You can check my armory, I don't have a lot of rare mounts.
    I started to farm the stone drake in stone core tho, have been farming alar a few times now and planning on farming the archavon mount, since it's 4 chances on each char each week.

It's not like I dont use it anymore, thanks to account wide mounts. And it's the only lucky roll I have EVER gotten considering rare mounts. You can check my armory, I don't have a lot of rare mounts.
    I started to farm the stone drake in stone core tho, have been farming alar a few times now and planning on farming the archavon mount, since it's 4 chances on each char each week.
    I've been farming some mounts for ages. Currently thinking about lk hc, though I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough for that. The one that was getting on my nerves was vortex pinnacle ones. Got it after 150+ kills.

Deleted
    got white hawkstrider on 5th try, since then ive not had luck with rare mounts, 200+ kills on anzu, 50+ on onyxia and around 25 on ashes, not huge numbers but still :P

seen blazing drake drop from deathwing but didn't win the roll, the other day I was soloing warbringers, and since im a nice guy I let a druid join me, who then invited a pally friend. first time a mount drops for me (after around 60+ kills, made me rich, but still.) random pally from random other realm won it. havnt seen another since.

Just got the Ji-Kun mount last night! It's not flashy or beautiful, but it's rare?

I killed Onyxia, getting the onyxian drake. After posting that, i was joking, that i should go Utgarde Pinnacle for the blue proto (i nerver visited it after WOTLK) the dragon dropped... and I was very happy. But i would rather like to get some of the other mounts like the fiery steed since i never use protos... 100+ tries with several chars without a drop.

Saw this thread and thought I'd tell my story. Way way back in WotLK, when everyone was starting out with Naxx. Redux, our guild had 2 seperate 10 man groups, and we got our Plagued Proto-drakes. That was great. The sad story is trying to get everyone the Black Proto-Drake. For weeks working up to the next patch where the Reins of the Black Proto-Drake we tried farming to get the meta achievement. The last one we needed, Immortal. On the very last week before the patch, we were doing it. We were perfect all the way up to Kel'thuzad, then fate happened. During the fight, one of our off-tanks got D/C'ed during the fight, and wouldn't you know it, KZ decided to spawn a void zone right underneath our D/C'ed friend. Needless to say, he wasn't able to get back online fast enough to avoid dying, and we lost our chance. Such a sad, sad day.

Here is my story: 4lvl 90 + 2lvl 85 chars are at my disposal.

I wonder if yogg saron gonna drop the mount one day: 74 + 19 + 33 + 32 + 2 + 2 = 162 kills without the mount drop.

Or maybe elegon that I started 3-manning 1month ago and just doing random pugs on other alts here and there: 28+8+13+10 = 59 x2 = 118 "rolls" for the mount (ye, I did coin on every kill, even during progression) - never seen a drop

experiment 12-b took me 49+19+41+48+16+14 = 187 kills to see a drop.

Not even gonna talk about these stupid world bosses:
    sha: 49+29+44+37+29(lvl 85 alt)+28(lvl 85 alt) = 149*2 (yes, I coined on this boss eeevery week since it was released) + 57 = 355 kills - no mount (I guess I can subtract 150 cases there due to bug with mount not dropping which was fixed so in th end its still 200 kills)
    galleon: 31+22+28+20+10(lvl 85 alt)+11(lvl 85 alt) = 101*2 + 21 = 223 kills (same story as sha but this boss was much more rare so I'd guess around 150 kills when mount became available)
    oondasta: 19+17+14+15+8(lvl 85 alt)+3(lvl 85 alt) = 76kills + around 10 cases where I coined = 86 kills - no mount
    nalak: 17+17+15+14 = 63 + some random occasions where I coined him so could be like 70 kills- no mount.

Doing invincible runs aswell 2 or 3manning it on 3 chars every week, but this one isn't as interesting to track coz I've seen 2 drops (which I lost) and yet I've not seen a single case of the mentioned above (except for ultra after so many kills)

The sad thing is, most of the rare mounts I have (And I got tons of them really) took me max 50-60 attempts: onyx, al'ar and such. These new ones are taking a piss because I know alot of people who got the drops from the <10 kills (none got sha or nalak mounts though)
    Last edited by Makarena; 2013-07-19 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    So during wotlk I had just started up my mount collecting business. Every day, since LFD was implemented, I ran Utgarde Pinnacle in hope of getting that Blue Proto Drake. Then suddenly one day, bam, it drops! I'm literally freaking out, since I have never seen it, and no other rare mount drop before.
    I roll, I lose.
    Next day, I decide to try once again. BAM, mount dropped again! I roll and lost once again =/
    However, the rogue that won it, says: "the shamy can have it" and he then proceeds to trade me the mount. I don't remember his name, but I still cheerish that moment ever since.

Also, while doing the weekly Emblem of Frost quest for killing Malygos. Guess what, the azure drake drops! I lost it as well though :P
    But I whispered the guy about buying it (offering all I had at the moment, 2900g) and he accepts. Totally one of the best deals I've struck over a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    In BC times I solo'd Strat for the D1 set legs and totally forgot about the mount.
    So I killed the Baron and was pretty dissapointed that there were no pants in..... and on 2. sight : "OMG OMG OMG OMG a mount!"

Well so I got my lil skeleton pony

One bored day back in Wrath I saw someone post for a partner to run ZG for the mounts. I decided to join them and wouldn't ya know it, the Tiger dropped and I won it! About 6 months later (and maybe 3-4 runs later) the Raptor dropped as well!

Went into Karazhan to get my T4 gloves, Attumen was kind enough to give me the mount as well

Raven Lord was 61 kills before it finally dropped (plus probably 10 or so on alts).

Still working on Ony drake. Farmed some 6 months for TLPD back in Wrath and never saw it even dead.