Thread: Lucky stories!

Sadly, I feel very UNLUCKY..... I keep getting awesome drops that are soulbound, but for the wrong characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    During 3.2, I was doing Argent Tournament dailies, and i got the Jourmangar egg quest for the Silver Covenant.

Did the quest and was flying back, found the Time-Lost Proto drake flying right in front of me.

Two seconds after I killed it on a mountainside, a Hunter fly's to me and cries. Made my next two months.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Picked up Flametalon last reset and Invincible as late as yesterday ^^
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    ha ha sry for a little trolling since I really have a lots of rare mounts my lucky story is got sex from my wife after 3.5h raiding same evening xD

My lucky story.

Old wotlk days, going into VoA on the weekly guild run.
    Don't ask me which boss it was, because I honestly forgot.

Now normally I hated going into VoA because for some strange reason whenever I went on toon X, gear for toon Y would drop and vice versa.
    I hated that place for shafting me every week on drops.

Anyways,..all flasked, fed etc etc we pull the boss. Think we had one or two wipes before we got him down.
    Grand Black War Mammoth drops.....vent fills with chatter and oooh's and aaah's.
    Guildleader says /roll all.
    People roll and of our officers which I already didn't like rolls a frikkin 99.
    Ofcourse me being the ever pessimist about Voa, type a /roll, already expecting to have to type * gratz * to the lucky bastard who won it.

Vent explodes with laughter and some slight swearing in the background ( rofl ).
    I look at my screen and realise I just rolled a 100 !!!

Luckiest roll of my life :P
    After that I had to come every week to VoA, obviously losing all complaining rights I ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    During 3.2, I was doing Argent Tournament dailies, and i got the Jourmangar egg quest for the Silver Covenant.

Did the quest and was flying back, found the Time-Lost Proto drake flying right in front of me.

Two seconds after I killed it on a mountainside, a Hunter fly's to me and cries. Made my next two months.
    Logged in once, and I found Time-Lost Proto dead next to me

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Logged in once, and I found Time-Lost Proto dead next to me
    Before I was officially playing my own character, I found a TLPD on a friend's alt. No one wants a TLPD on their alt. I messaged another friend to come kill it ASAP, since I know people gun for TLPD even though its route is wonky. Luckily, he got there before anyone else, as I followed it.

A week later, and after lots of route searching, I found my own TLPD. If you fly the routes, eventually you WILL get one. Can't say the same for the damn RNG pos mounts. That damn Raven mount...never...could...get...it.........damnit................

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been pretty lucky I must say. Got the tiger mount out of old ZG after casually running it a few times, never saw raptor. Hmm, got the raven mount on maybe the 4th attempt. In TK, and I'm a lock btw, I had the hardest time soloing Kael and I was getting frustrated. Kept attempting over and over and watching a video of someone doing it. Then I realised what I was doing wrong, first time I ever downed him solo, BAM, ashes of alar. I couldn't believe it. I was learning how to solo so I could come in week after week and try, but I never had to . When it was current, the 2nd time my guild killed heroic lich king, I rolled a 98 or something like that and won Invincible.

Deleted

"Already known"

Third time it dropped in less than 30 runs. The mount from Karazhan is also sitting in my bags, since I've already learned it over 3.5 years ago. Exactly half a year later the old ZG raptor dropped, and 8 days after that the ZG tiger. Quite lucky when it comes down to mounts it seems.
    Ironically, I haven't seen two of the available pets from both TK and SSC drop in over a month on two characters

Just out of curiosity, why are you still killing Kaelthas if you have the mount? The other three bosses in TK drops pets, but not him.

Deleted
    Boredom mostly, since it's one of the last things I do on my weekly clears. You won't be seeing me in that place after I have my pets though, kinda getting sick of it

Deleted
    The only locky thing was the zg tiger on first try..

Otherwise im really unlucky:/

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    guys, the the ashes of al'ar FINALLY dropped for me after 32 kills on the current warr character and COUNTLESS kills on other ones, but when i looted it, a crazy freaking thing happend. luckily i was running fraps and im just gonna show it to you instead of writing a wall of text. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHiGH_fvy24 - weird stuff seriously
    guys, this time AN EVEN CRAZIER thing happend in ICC when invincible's reins dropped... this is seriously insane -

i cant BELIEVE i happend to be recording the game footage again! this doesnt happen every day! jesus...
    Last edited by FatMF; 2014-12-07 at 05:38 PM.

Just won a mission with 655 reward!

and it was 3% winrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I got Raven mount on my second try after activating my account again it made a lot of friends rage on me tho the salt was everywhere

I think my total amount of doing the Sethekk for the mount is something around 10-15 from Cata since I didn't play in MoP but it was fun to see that RnG always comes around when you least expect it to

I saw a Thunderfury Shard, Drake of the South Wind, and 12-B all in the same day on the same character.

I passed on Drake of the South Wind to my friend since I won the 12-B last time, and then we do Dragonsoul, and 12-B drops again. He got two rare raid mounts in one day.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-12-09 at 01:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just got swift white hawk strider after only 2 kael'thas runs, same number it took to get ashes, (I'm a lucky bastard when it comes to loot from blood elves)
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    2 seems to be my lucky number. My second solo attempt in Zulgurub got me the Zulian Tiger, I won the roll for the Amani War Bear on my second timed PuG and for last, my second card I bought from AH was the 5000g one, those lucky cards, forgot the name on those.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you still killing Kaelthas if you have the mount? The other three bosses in TK drops pets, but not him.
    Tier piece for xmog?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Onyxian drake on first run xD