Thread: Lucky stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    I wanted to try and learn the TCG. My girlfriend ended up purchasing a Raid Set, and it came with some loot cards. As I was looking at them, I came across the X-51 Nether-Rocket. I tried to hide it from my GF, but she caught eye of it. She wanted it for her account, but I misdirected her to check ebay for the price. While she was busy drooling over the cash, I quickly scratched and redeemed the sucker.

I slept on the couch for a week, but I still have my rocket.
    i love you. you are honestly my hero (like, all trolling and hating aside, you honestly are my hero right now)

OT: Horseman on 3rd summon, first day; Deathcharger on 11th run, then i switched mains....

Not much of a story but...

Rivendare's Deathcharger: Was farming rep in Strat, then asked my friend in gchat: "Think I'll get the mount before Exalted?" He goes: "Hah, you'll be lucky to ever see the mount". (Back when this rep took some time) Two runs later I get it, before hitting Exalted and only 4 Baron kills. Weird coincidence: Just before I engaged Baron for the mount kill, iTunes played (random song) "Shackler's Revenge" which starts by "I've got a funny feeling"

Zulian Tiger: Been clearing the boss for atleast a year and a half and nothing, nada. I had always been running it with a Paladin tank friend and the one time we don't run together, I solo it the Sunday before the Shattering patch (which removed it) and nada. He solos it one hour before the Shattering patch and gets it. Worst part is we had a deal that I would get it and he would get Attumen's horse if it ever dropped. EL OH EL.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

I have a funny way with rare mounts recently and winning them on my shaman.

White Hawkstrider: two weeks after the "ill-fated" H MgT run where I let my other half die (well, not let, he was one shot) and White Hawkstrider dropped (our first time trying), I let him have it... and we were trying... well, day before my birthday. Oh, hey, look, another one!

Razzashi Raptor: ....recurring theme of let's get the mount after the other half. We were primary farming Tiger (no luck, QQ), and killing raptor as well... huzzah! I'd wanted a raptor for ages. I adore him and ride it tons to this day.

White Polar Bear: Was annoyed at doing dailies and hunting for a year and a half, I stopped paying attention to the looting process on bags. See a glimpse of purple and I'm like. "OMFG, you have GOT to be kidding me..." Nope. Finally, after all that time and all those dailies... I think this coincided with something else going on too, but damned if I remember now, other then I wasn't even LOOKING when I got it. This apparently is a trend on lootables I need to continue.

Time-Lost Proto: ...by chance, day before my surgery. I've had minimal sleep, farming ore to get my paladin's BS up for Cata level. It's been almost a week since Cata released, and I head to Storm Peaks on a whim towards my favorite camp spot. NPC Scan blares and my heart starts racing when I see it's him. I barely beat someone else to the hit, and almost slammed the ground dead instead scrambling for my snowfall lagers. I'd been after him for ages, as the only "easy to get" proto (aka non achievement) proto I really, really liked the colors of (followed by blue). I absolutely freaking adore him to bits and I fly him constantly. He's gotten a lot of fly time since, sadly edging out my Onyx Netherdrake. I love my TLPD so much. It really made up for the horrible day I was having with a severe lack of sleep and jitters and everything else.

Green Proto: My other half predicted that I would open my egg and get the proto. I shift click and look away... peer back... "WTF." Note that he has no way to look before I could have, he simply guessed. It was freaking hilarious, and awesome. I still need my blue, damnit... and one day maybe I'll get violet even if I think it's the ugliest thing known to mankind in coloration. (And it's not even violet, it's more magenta!)

Still hunting more, just need to beat RNG into submission. (And not be lazy some days.)

in last few months of wotlk i did a lot of solos on my rogue

got rivendare at 32nd kill
    sea turtle around 600-800 catch (in grizzly)
    white hawkstrider 15 ish kill
    raven lord 10ish kill

just did kara once right b4 cata came out and mount didnt drop. after cata released i rerolled priest which i didnt bother doin any achievement/mount runs for (but he got os3d 25man drake in pug with luck) ^^
    Sup

So I was reading some replies to this thread the other day thinking man I'll never get that lucky. Yesterday I was leveling my dk in storm peaks and i see npc scan pop up! I am like wow, then I realize its just Vyragosa not the time lost drake. I would have been so happy, after how many hours i spent camping it in wrath. Then today, not even 1 hour ago, I hop back on the dk and BAM! Time lost proto drake!, So i go outside and find it.

Now my dk is only like level 77, so when i went to aggro the drake I think I was so shocked that I wasnt thinking and naturally he attacked me and i got dismounted and fell to my death lol. So at this point I am pissed." There goes my kill" I was thinking. So hoping for the best i hop on my mage and port to Dal then high tail my ass to storm peaks. I look for about 2 minutes spamming /tar time macro and there he is, still alive! So I happily aggro/kill/loot my mount and live happily ever after. The funny thing is I saw about 3 or 4 level 85s just idle in storm peaks camping him no doubt, who all missed their chance while i switched toons

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 5th Anzu attempt, when it had still required a druid. I started to think that this is only the beggining of a long long farming, which will take half a year or so. In despair, I turned my prayers to Anzu, the Raven God itself, begging him for this mount. My druid friend watched silently how I spoke with NPC, surely he thought I was crazy. But after that, when we opened the loot, he was shocked, because it was nothing else but [Reins of the Raven Lord]! Druid already had one, so I got it and learned immediately. I will never forget about this generosity, and I still always use Raven Lord as a groung mount!

my story ??? after 6 year of farming rear mounts.... i got single 1 !!! the green proto drake .... the end

Got the Black War Tiger in early vanilla as a human from grinding PvP Rank 11 and donating endless amounts of runecloth to Darnassus.

Got the Armani War Bear as 1st on my realm because I participated in the first successful ZA timerun on my server and rolled a 100.

yea

Deleted
    Zulian tiger. First (might have been second time) time my priest went to ZG at level 60, the damn thing dropped. Keep in mind, this was the in days of cheap riding skill, expensive mounts, and my priest didn't have an epic mount, so I was kind of excited. In the end my roll came second. Never saw it again. Not on my priest, my paladin, my hunter, my second paladin, or the shaman I used to farm ZG with Of course, the guy that won stopped playing some time before BC hit.

Time-Lost Proto Drake. Was levelling my warrior alt, when NPCScan went off. Figuring I wouldn't have time to switch to my main, I killed it on the warrior. Of course, it took ages before I could be bothered to buy epic flight speed.

After almost a year of farming the Zulian Tiger, it finally dropped. The guildy who accompanied me needed on it and got it (his first run)

Ofc i was pretty annoyed, so i just logged off to let off some steam. Later, my guild told him it was my birthday (it really was) and he felt so bad he had it ticketed to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Best rare mount story ever: Was running on my priest alt through reg stonecore in a 4/5 guild run, which also happened to include my fiance. In an amazing stroke of fortune, the drake from the dragon boss drops for the group. On top of which, I actually win the roll. Now I am stuck with a minor dilemma, in that my fellow guildies were doing the run for me as a favor on their mains, and on my alt already I have my favorite mount, the raf 2-seater rocket. After some initial tenative offers to sell the drake for gold to the guild tank doing the run, I have a change of heart and give it as a token of affection to my fiance. The absolute icing on the cake is that she still uses her swift purple wind rider more than any other of her mounts, and when she does hover in a noticable spot in org to show off what she has, it is almost always her netherwing drake instead. After all, a rare drop mount going to someone that never uses it and isn't going for mountain of mounts is far better than it going to an alt, right?

Hmm, my most recent 'rare mount story' would be getting the stone drake (from Stonecore) on the 2nd kill. As me and a fellow hunter decided to give it a shot. So ye, dropped on the 2nd kill and I won it.

Got my Red Bug from AQ 40 on my first time in there, i think there were about 30 people too.

On my first time ever Ravenlord run me and my two friends went in there and it dropped, one of my friends was on his druid alt that he never plays and i was on my shaman and my other friend was on his main, his Death Knight. It drops, I roll need so does my DK friend and then my other friend is sitting there deciding what to do. He rolls need too and the DK rolled a 54 I rolled a 99 and the druid a 100.

A month later the Druid gets the White Hawkstrider and the Ravenlord in the same day on his main. And a few days before that he got the ZG tiger >.>

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been trying to get the headless horseman mount now for 3 years, literally doing the event as much as possible, losing it 2-4 times per year because somebody else got the winning roll. This year it came in bag loot, YES I think, now is my chance! I did the quest EVERY day on all my toons on the LAST day I finally got it... on my mage... my alt... I was about 8 mounts from 100 at the time on my main...

At least I have squashling on all my toons now...

I've seen Blue Proto Drake drop 4 times, Ravenlord drop 2 times, Rivendare's mount drop 1 time and Ashes of Al'ar drop once, i've rolled 2nd on 3 of the mentioned above, and never got either of them. /wrists
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

Rivendare's Deathcharger: Saw and lost it the first and only time I was rushed strat (in reality I was only there to loot runecloth for the person who rushed me)

Zulian Tiger: got it like 5 hours before the removal of ZG after only having been cleaning ZG for like 4 months (feeling lucky)

OS3d 25 man. Went in there with a pug on my main and won the drake, but it got ninjaed by the RL to his girlfriend. I'm not a "mount" guy anyway, so no biggie, and he did give me 25k gokd the next day as an "appology." I ran it in pugs the next 2 days on 2 of my alts just for kicks. I won the roll both times. I kept one and had someone in raid offer me 25k for the other, so I gave it to them. So in 3 days I won the drake 3 times, had one drake and 50k gold to show for it...it was a good week.

I got the Green Proto-Drake my first egg and after that was cursed on rare mounts/trinkets for a while.

I was around 100 attempts on the ZG Tiger before it was removed, never once saw it drop. Had the raptor though just to mock me. Who needs another raptor as Horde? Never seen the druid mount from SH drop though I'm only at 15 attempts. Strat mount hasn't dropped after maybe 40 attempts. Sea Turtle probably took 4-5k fishing, but considering I'm now at 16k that's not a big deal. Didn't get the Blue Proto-Drake until after Cata when I had to go back and solo the boss regularly to get it. Still don't have the white polar bear mount from that daily in Storm Peaks. Easily around 60 attempts for that by now if not more. Never seen TLPD even though I've spent my fair share of time back in the day camping his flight paths.

For Sarth+3 25m, probably my second time of doing it we were zerging him down and the tank died at about 5% or so. The group had already started dying off and at 3% Sarth charges me (a hunter). I disengage and hit deterrence right as he hits me, buying us a few seconds. I feign death as it falls off and hit a couple of kill shots as he runs back to kill some rogue. Sarth dies and I rolled a 100 on the mount. GG. Following that I lost rolls on DBW for 5 months so was it worth it?

TLDR: I grind my ass off to get almost any mount I want, and even that doesn't work sometimes. (Looking at you Swift Zulian Tiger)

Proud owner of TLPD and PSD
    Get at me