Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

3 months of clearing zg every lockout, i started running around the house when it finally dropped...amazing! tony the tiger is still my fav boss

Deleted
    This was when WRATH was out for only a month or two. I mained a rogue who I mostly pvp'ed with (he is gone now :'( ) and my friend who wanted to try something new, asked me if he could pve a bit with my rogue. I, wanting better gear, and not having the time, gladly agreed. So on his first run in VoA the mamoth drops (hc mode). He rolls and wins it with like 90 something. That evening I log on, and he is like, dude guess what I got you? And I'm like what? And he said THE MAMOTH!! So ye haha I used it since then until I stopped playing (and sadly my account got hacked and all char's deleted). Now I am trying to farm TLPD on my warrior (who is now 80) as well as the kata mount :3

Deleted
    I've been collecting mounts since the patch before Wrath when I had my eye set on the Albino Drake (should use that one more often, no one seems to use it on my server). So, I have a couple of rare mount stories.

Then, the grind from 98 mounts to 100 for the Dragonhawk was horrible. I basically had the White Hawkstrider and the What a Long Strange trip-mount available to try to get since I didn't raid at the time and didn't want to spend absurd amounts of gold on some Mammoth or Chopper. I finally got my White Hawkstrider on my 27th Kael-kill. It wasn't really hard to solo, just so tedious. And even though it average some 100-150G in drops, it was soooo boring. I haven't set foot in MGT since it dropped, though it is a nice instance. I finished the What a long strange trip-meta about a week later, got my 100-mount with 310% speed and as a reward... a really rare, at that time, 280% mount. Talking about anti climax! Since the change in riding speed, I have used my Dragonhawk most of the time. Until the Drake dropped from the second boss in Vortex Pinnacle on my first run (on normal!) and I rolled 99. I was almost embarrassed to get it, I am used to grind for mounts for months, not get it like that...

Another "typical" story is grinding for the ZG mounts. Ran that place two times a week for half a year, nothing dropped (besides loot and coins witch really adds up to a nice amount of gold). My guildy who cares nothing about mounts and prefers his flight form over anything says he's gonna try and solo ZG. And the raptor drops on his first try. I had him on ignore for a week. Luckily, I got the mount about two weeks before ZG went questing zone. Never saw the tiger though.

I would like to have seen a 150 mount achievement in Cata, now I have no mount grinding meaning in life anymore...

Deleted
    About one and a half year ago, I saw a call in our Old School raiding channel that the lot needed 1 more DPS for the last boss of Sunwell Plateau, Kael'thas Sunstrider. I had never been there before, and supposed it couldn't hurt to get myself the achievement on a silly easy way. The raid threw me an invite, and already summoned me down there. I was doing Arathi Basin at the time, and really wanted to finish my game before accepting my summon. So, I declined the summon, and told them after about twenty seconds that I didn't get the summon.
    Anyway, the raid resummoned me, we buffed up, and started the fight without much tactical explanations; I wasn't paying much attention, and somehow died in what I recall being the first phase.
    After laying dead for the entire encounter, I suddenly heard people screaming that the phoenix mount had dropped. Even I was excited, although I had only been delaying the raid rather than helping them on any way. After rolling 97, I won the beauty, and people weren't even angry.
    ..I never went back there. Grinding sucks. Do it my way!

I recently got the mount drop in one of the heroics, but guess what I lost by just 2 rolls

I had made a deal with a druid friend of mine. I would run H Magisters with him every day til he got the white hawstrider if he would run sethekk with me til I got the Anzu mount.
    We go in right after the instance resets, and unbelievably on my first run the Anzu drops! The white hawkstrider also dropped for him that day.

Sadly, I never did see the ZG mounts.

Deleted
    Running into timelost seconds after taking of from killing Dirkee.
    This was after Cata had launched though so northend was a bit of a ghost town.

Also won the roll on Fiery Warhorse with 100/100

Deleted
    Got Rivendare's Deathcharger on my first run

Today on Christmas, decided to go to Northrend and check for Time-Lost. Got around Ulduar on the opposite side and NPC Scan goes off, he's straight ahead in front of me. Aggro him and land, got my drake finally after a year of searching.

Deleted
    Btw anyone heard about the bug with Raf mount? becouse from one mount i now have it on all chars even if he is not account bound...
    soo there was a bug in a site when i was claiming him but after i tryed to claim on the wow site it was txt like "ouhh soory this mount cannot be claimed" so after 10 times of that and logging into the game i found 10 x rockets in me mail O_O so i get back on site i send on all cahrs even these one with 10 lvl :"D

Deleted
    in wotlk i was looking for the green proto drake and the polar bear mounts...well after months one day i decided that that day would be the last one to do those dailies to get 'em...and i dropped them both that very day

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no rare mounts because I have terrible luck. Even after soloing them for over a year.

Ran Strath a fair few times before the pre-Wrath patch, though not a lot, as it was quite challenging for a Balance druid to do. Anyway, after the patch, thought I'd give it one last try (since they had said they'd soon allow all races to ride all mounts) First kill post patch it drops, and to my amusement the achievement system only recorded post-patch kills, so as far as anyone knows, it looks like I got it off my only kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperclam View Post
    About one and a half year ago, I saw a call in our Old School raiding channel that the lot needed 1 more DPS for the last boss of Sunwell Plateau, Kael'thas Sunstrider. I had never been there before, and supposed it couldn't hurt to get myself the achievement on a silly easy way. The raid threw me an invite, and already summoned me down there. I was doing Arathi Basin at the time, and really wanted to finish my game before accepting my summon. So, I declined the summon, and told them after about twenty seconds that I didn't get the summon.
    Anyway, the raid resummoned me, we buffed up, and started the fight without much tactical explanations; I wasn't paying much attention, and somehow died in what I recall being the first phase.
    After laying dead for the entire encounter, I suddenly heard people screaming that the phoenix mount had dropped. Even I was excited, although I had only been delaying the raid rather than helping them on any way. After rolling 97, I won the beauty, and people weren't even angry.
    ..I never went back there. Grinding sucks. Do it my way!
    I REALLY want you to die slowly and extremely painfully right now.

I do.

Got the time-lost protodrake when i logged in at 12am exactly

Deleted
    I'm insanely lucky on solo runs on my enhancement shaman; I got Zulian Tiger, Razzashi Raptor (25ish runs?), Raven Lord (12 runs) Swift White Hawkstrider (13 runs) and Red Battle Tank (first trash pack. Seriously) all within a month of eachother. It got to the point guildies were cursing my name every time I got a new mount-related FoS. This week I got Blue Proto-Drake on my second attempt. I got the Deathcharger from Strat on my third kill. I've been horribly undedicated with Karazhan but I'm going to start doing it weekly now as I have nothing else to solo.

On my druid I got the VoA mount in a random pug; thankfully the loot was on need/greed otherwise I doubt it would've been mine. Got the sea turtle when I was trying to fish up the rare fish for the 'One that got away' achievement. Green Proto Drake took about 18 months of eggs, although admittedly not one a week. I also got the Amani War Bear on it, although that was guild runs done until all of us had one.

Also on my druid, I got Time-Lost Proto Drake on the night all-nighter I pulled. But apart from that my rare spawn luck is shocking; I found a dead TLPD drake today on my shaman, missed Aeonaxx twice (first time was AFK while levelling for 30 seconds, NPC_Scan had gone off by the time I was back, second was some paladin gloating about his kill just as I set up camp in Deepholm. Sigh). Camped TLPD on my DK too, went to Stormwind for 3 minutes to buy a gem with honor, came back and saw it dead. Rare spawn mounts absolutely hate me.

However, my one lust-have is Ashes of Al'ar. It's simply the most amazing mount in the game and I would trade all my rare drops for it in a heartbeat; I love it. Unfortunately I've never had the fortune to see it drop...
    Last edited by mmoc2b239a8275; 2010-12-26 at 04:29 AM.

Got the Raven Lord, Drake of the North Wind, and Swift Alliance Steed all on first time. For Raven Lord and Alliance Steed, it was the only time

Managed to get Raven Lord, Blue proto drake and Zulian tiger + Pheonix pet from mgt, within 1 week of each other, my trick, wishing for luck by a fellow player. Though I may add, this technique has not proved helpful on my quest for Zin'rokh, so it may have been alligned stars and astronomical powers.

Back before the drop rate was buffed for barons mount (mid-BC), me and a RL druid friend decided to run strat baron for kicks to see we could get the mount to drop.
    It dropped. First run. He won =(
    Over 350 runs later, I still do not have that mount.

I did, however, snag myself a Time-Lost Proto a year or so later ^^

Camping Aeonaxx atm. Having very little luck.