Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 42 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I want my phoenix hatchling pet. Now! I mean, seriously...

The story: I started farming the mount preparing myself for a long grind, thinking I'd get the pet and orb first, then would have to keep going for the mount. Long story short, I got the mount on 2nd run, the orb on the 5th, still don't have the hatchling after 17 kills... (add to that some normal mode farming too afterwards)

Other rare mount stories:
    - got the Deathcharger on my first kill ever. I started playing shortly before TBC, so never ran Stratholme. In TBC I solo farmed the Idol of Brutality (there's still a really old post of mine on wowhead about it) but never went as far as Baron. Came back at lvl 80 (farming runecloth for my dk alt for horde factions rep), went to Baron and BAM! the mount. I had no idea how rare it was. Linked it in gchat, got some abuse, then mentioned it was my first kill and I think that got me on a few ignore lists for a while
    - I have the FoS for the original swift flight form quest line, killed Anzu quite a few times in TBC with no luck. Went back at 80 no luck. Now been farming it every day since they put the Orgri portal back in Shattrath... still no luck so far.
    - I did the daily for polar bear every day for at least 6 months in WOTLK (towards the end) and part of Cata (I have the argent tourny tabard so it helped a lot). I have got the Salty title during WOTLK (got the Sea Turtle while farming the rare fish--"Dark Herring" in my case), but never managed to get the Giant Sewer Rat... which I got on my DK due to overly long hc dps queues. I also have the polar bear on this dk alt, so I was really pissed off. A couple of months ago I had a couple of hours to kill so I thought I'd do the quest and some serious giant rat farming in Dalaran (knowing that I already had 600+ casts w/o seeing it). I do the quest and hurrah! the mount drops. Fly to Dalaran, within 10 casts I had the rat too. And still of couple of hours on my hands

One last story: one night we didn't have enough sign-ups for a raid to happen and decided to fish for the seafood recipe achiv. Since I already have maxxed fishing and the sea turtle on my main, I decided to skill up fishing with an alt, who had ~100 fishing when I started.

(another guildie got it before me, the same night, as mentioned in the chat)
    Last edited by Anathor; 2011-06-02 at 10:07 PM.

I got Ashes of Al'ar after 13 Kael'thas solos!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azgar/advanced

The blue drake from Oculus through the random dungeon finder during last summer. Got lucky again when it dropped for me a second time in the cache !!

Was bored waiting for an arena partner to log on, so decided to go into Deepholm for a random Aeonaxx scout. To my suprise he was there at the southern spawn point, mounted him, killed him and looted the mount. Then I recieved a really angry whisper from a guy who had been camping him for 10 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    Wooow! Haha you're one lucky man. I've never seen it drop.
    I also got this one, but it was like month ago or smth ;D was a raid roll and lucky number 17

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Dat sexy mount

Just dropped, rolled a 98, oh man
    Same thing happened for me. First Al'Akir kill. Rogue rolled 99, i held my roll till last and rolled 100
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Uhhhhhhh....
    Got my 10 & 25 Uld/ICC drakes when they were current content
    Got amani war bear first few days availible
    Said "wtb retarded flying lion mount" in trade, and got it for 15k gold lol
    Ive never really farmed for a mount really
    Still solo'ing TK for a'lar

Was lucky, so got my mount from MT at the first try ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek92 View Post
    Said "wtb retarded flying lion mount" in trade, and got it for 15k gold lol
    How did u buy this mount for in-game money?

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka

I bought 2 Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger for 40k each during WoTLK.

Same poster, at the same point in time. Points to hackers or bank ninja, but I got em!

10+ Year Old Account
    DH is disgusting to look at. I wish it was pretty like Storm Peaks. Hell, I might go farm and camp for the TLPD a 4th time over Aeonaxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I have been pretty lucky with mounts in general

Old ZG raptor: Got it while we were doing ZG at 60, used all my DKP but it was worth it
    Zulian tiger: First run I did at 80
    Amani Bear: In my guild's last ZA timed before we disbanded
    Blue Protodrake: First run in UP Hc
    Green Protodrake: First egg
    White Hakwstrider: First ever MGT Hc @ 70
    Stonecore Drake: First ever Stonecore normal!

And the list goes on and on. I have yet to get the Vortex Pinnacle Drake and I also fly over Uldum with NPCScan often but no luck so far. Can't really complain!
    Last edited by evoker; 2011-06-06 at 09:09 AM.

Me and my friend had a deal with each other that we'd run ZG together every reset. He'd get the raptor should it drop and I'd get the tiger. I got my tiger after around 40 kills, and afterwards I decided to keep doing the tiger so he could get that one too.

He got his shortly after mine but to this day i've never seen the raptor drop. Must of been something like 100 kills before he was removed.

You know, for a kitten that shits rainbows, you seem to like to stay inside the box.

I love getting home drunk around 5-6am and checking if that stupid seahorse is available. Well luckily enough it played off... I just feel bad for the guy who was camping it for 2 weeks...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That made mount 149 for me!
    Last edited by Xionaz; 2011-06-06 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I got the Ravenlord, but that was just the usual grind and eventually it dropped. Nothing special here.
    I also got Baron Rivendare's Mount, but it's about the same.
    Was fishing for the guild achievement, got the turtle... but being still hunting the Dark Herring, it's also something that had to happen eventually.
    Still missing TLPD, Aeonaxx, Poseidus (whom I killed a few days before the mount got added) and Camel Figurine, but can't really be bothered to farm them atm.

What was kind of special is the White Hawkstrider from Magister's Terrace Heroic. I was a BC player who quit some months before Wrath came out, then returned to the end of Wrath (half a year 'till Cata). So obviously, I needed to do all the achievements I didn't get credit for right away (and those were a lot, I assure you). Soloed all the BC Heroics, then wondered whether MT would be doable, asked in guild if anybody got any tips... everybody said I'd wipe on second boss. Well, my first and only wipe was to Kael'thas, but he rewarded me with his mount when killing him.

Once upon a time two guildies sat in the Dalaran Sewers. Both residing in the same place they'd been day in, day out for literally well, months.

Cast, cast, cast.

"One day I'll get my mount" one muttered under his breath.

*A handsome man enters.*

"Hi Guys!" Navitas had come to join them to quickly complete his fising daily as he was already late for the raid.

No sooner had the dashing man cast his rod when he was met with joyous fanfare and a message appeared across his screen: "Turtles All the Way Down". Would you believe the luck, he got his quest item in the same cast.

Navitas quickly mounted and slowly ran off to see Marcia Chase and hand in his quest.

The two guidies are still bitter to this day. One still doesn't have his turtle.

Deleted
    Well, the only rare mount i've got is the Crimson Deathcharger, and i'm damn proud of it. I'm also farming Vortex normal solo for the mount aswell, no luck so far.

Deleted
    I had been farming White Hawkstrider for a while. Sitting on vent with a bunch of guildies saying: "Today i WILL get my mount!".. and guess what, I got it

Also while farming herbs on my alt in Vashj'ir, i swam around and Npc scan popped up with Poseidus found, I figured I'd kill it. I did so... the only problem was 1. It was on my alt. 2. It was frickin' before that damn patch. After the kill I saw the patch notes. Worst. Day. Evah. /sadface

I've got 3 mount stories that I'd like to share. I ran H MgT with my brother for 2 months trying to get him the mount and when it finally dropped it was an amazing feeling. He was so happy riding that thing around Org. Still haven't gotten it on my character lol. Just about a month and a half ago I decided to run TK with my boyfriend because he has always wanted ashes. It dropped and I rolled a 96, he rolled a 4. I gave it to him. Even though I don't have either both were happy wow moments for me.

Oh and a happy mount moment was when I got the sea turtle. I had been fishing for 4 days for hours and was so mad I didn't have it yet. I was talking to a friend on vent saying something like "I'm done fishing this stupid mount. I am never goin- HOLY CRAP I GOT THE MOUNT." It's a shame that I changed mains, but it was still a great moment.

I play multiple toons, and beetween 3 i have every rare mount available as well as retired.

My Rogue(old main now alt)- ZA bear, i ran the group and was the last to get my bear (10th) and got it the week before it was being removed. Raptor- Had solo'd instance for awhile and decided to bring a friend to see it and he was nice enough to pass it. Ashes of alar Straight up won it in a raid. White Polar Bear got it first bag from northrend daily. No stories but also have all talbuks which i got by leveling my toon in nagrand just grinding orges and gettng beads. Both brewfest mounts from first brewfest evr. Also got first possible violet proto because i had done the bre of the year.

Pally-Tiger got it soloing, but later went back to get another for my buddy who passed on raptor on y rogue. HH mount i got while i was lvling the pally to become my new main got it at lvl 77. Recently i got fiery warhorse which is one of my fav to ride in RBG's. Anzu took me 200 runs. got a camel a few weeks ago and a TLPD.

Hunter- Lvled this from 20-85 with just archeology on first 2-3 days of cata. Hold a few records for it. Because i could not go to uldum before 525 as well as 85 i did not make it to uldum until i was 525 so when i did my stuff there i got a blue mount second item in arch.