Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Where's all the PvPers at?! Holy Nova is bomb. Interrupt point caps, getting into combat, and ofc hunting down those sneaky rogues...also can spam for RNG chance against epileptic players...
    The feeling returns whenever we close our eyes.

At level 80 running heroics as disc I would use holy nova to aoe down stuff and heal the tank. In most non ICC heroics I could pull about 1.5 to 2.0 kdps.

I used it while progressing on Mimiron hc

A non-threat, instant aoe heal and aid in damage (improved through a glyph) isn't useless. Situational for sure but it's not mind vision.

Quote Originally Posted by InNYC View Post
    A non-threat, instant aoe heal and aid in damage (improved through a glyph) isn't useless. Situational for sure but it's not mind vision.
    I used to use mind vision to mark mobs on hard pulls in karazhan. Its not useless either.

Used to use holy nova a lot healing in LK heroics, and even non heroic raids. Only when I was disc though.
    Worked out quite welll for aoe healing, and honestly by the end I could heal most heroiccs with mostly just hn
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    Used to use holy nova a lot healing in LK heroics, and even non heroic raids. Only when I was disc though.
    Worked out quite welll for aoe healing, and honestly by the end I could heal most heroiccs with mostly just hn
    Priests are "hobo drifters now, we dont dwell in the past. we live in the present." But yeah, LK heroics were fun...lol. btw, whats your bean situation?
    The feeling returns whenever we close our eyes.

Holy Nova has had its uses from time to time. I remember when it was the old, old 31 point talent unlocked in the Holy talent tree before the Priest tree revamps so many years ago. I used it back then despite its cooldown (wasn't it 30 seconds?) because it was rather nice in PvP at the time. People didn't expect it really. Holy Nova's reign as the final talent in the Holy tree ended in Patch 1.10.

Its uses now are somewhat weird. I only use is seldomly when people are bunched up and need a quick top-off when Renew is overkill or Heal is too slow. It is affected by Mastery, which is how some of the top healers for Dreamwalker in ICC were Holy priests. Stand next to a boss you need to heal and spam 1 ability with a shortened GCD? Shove over paladin, it's my turn!

But yeah, aside from a quick top-off, it's not that used for now. I suspect when our mana pools get higher and regen improves throughout Cataclysm content, it'll be used more.

Good for soloing (very) old content.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InNYC View Post
    Are you implying that Mind Vision is useless? I will fight you for talking about Mind Vision that way! Prepare to battle, sir.

I continue being a priest for three reasons: Mind Vision, Levitate, and Mind Control.

Mind Vision is good while defending the Lumber Mill. Cast it on any Rogue or Druid when they are riding up and it stays on them when they stealth, meaning you can target them while stealthed. This lets you break them out of it by casting an instant on them.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Mind Sear is a joke. lol nova is actually better then that crap.
    Yeah. Priests going into melee range to AoE is a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yeah. Priests going into melee range to AoE is a good idea!
    Casting Mind Sear also isn't a good idea.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    temporarily replace mind sear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Holy Nova do half the healing of PoH now, at half the mana cost? So, if you had it glyphed so the GCD was 1 sec, then you could pull off 2.5 Holy Novas for every PoH. That would be more HPS so if people are stacked around you then you could probly spam it for more healing if you really needed to.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xexer View Post
    Are you implying that Mind Vision is useless? I will fight you for talking about Mind Vision that way! Prepare to battle, sir.

I continue being a priest for three reasons: Mind Vision, Levitate, and Mind Control.
    Holy priests fighting would be as exciting as watching paint dry. I know. I know. Some people probably like watching paint dry. I guess you could steer your MC'd mob off a high place letting him slowly fall, remove Levitate and watch him tumble -- all through his eyes!

15+ Year Old Account
    I used it a lot during Phase 3 of Heroic Lich King when the raid is devoured. Decent 1s GCD healing and possibly killing Vile Spirits that are missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    Doesn't Holy Nova do half the healing of PoH now, at half the mana cost? So, if you had it glyphed so the GCD was 1 sec, then you could pull off 2.5 Holy Novas for every PoH. That would be more HPS so if people are stacked around you then you could probly spam it for more healing if you really needed to.
    Holy Nova has diminishing returns. It heals for a max of 5 targets. On yourself, it heals for roughly 4500 at 85. With yourself and another player it would heal each of you for 2250. With 2 others it is 1500 etc. If you have any intention of using HN as a heal in PvE, you are doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Mind Sear, the only garbage AoE with a hole in it >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Casting Mind Sear also isn't a good idea.
    How so?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.