Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paloo View Post
    You were angry because you were such a poor poor lucky f*ck? :P

Personally I'm at 168 troll solves (all post-450) without zin. Also some 115+ dwarf solves w/o staff... and I've got a stockpile of 2k+ fossil fragments... FML
    I was angry because those 1300 other fragments are now wasted and a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mouze View Post
    How about getting your facts straight, perhaps even looking at the item your posting about?
    Zin'rokh is, thankfully, unique.
    Grinding for 2 of those would effectively melt my brain, 491 troll solves past 450 on 3 chars and counting :/
    I find this to be a gross exaggeration.

Out of 460 consecutive attempts, you have a 99.9% chance of finding Zinrokh. Based on just simple math, I *highly* doubt you've done 490 solves. Sure, it's possible, and the % is just theoretical, but I still find this hard to believe regardless.

Edit: Sorry. I'm probably just a douche for calling you out. I think it's out of my own frustration in 240 solves myself. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    73 troll artifacts, no Zin Rokh.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

First troll solve past 450 and BAM, Zin'Rokh. For my Frost DK

Deleted
    211 troll solves - no sword.
    just got the staff - 137 dwarf solves. also got the night elf trinket - 45 solves.

godamn rng.

I'm at 299 solves, no sword. I watched a guildie get it on his 3rd solve at 525. I got the dwarf staff as my first dwarf solve after 450.

I still do a couple solves a day but I am not going to grind it, it was making me nutty.

125 solves ... nothing

is it better to solve 1 by 1 or just collect a ton and then mass solve?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    125 solves ... nothing

is it better to solve 1 by 1 or just collect a ton and then mass solve?
    Doesn't really matter. It might be better for your mental stability to solve them in chunks though.

150 Troll Solves, no sword seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bjbinns View Post
    I find this to be a gross exaggeration.....
    I'll gladly get you screenies of my 3 chars I've farmed on, 67 solves on paladin lvld 80-83 from arch 127 on my rogue lvld 70-80 from arch, and currently, 327 solves on my warrior main. Totalling 521.

If droprate = 1% it would be 0,99^521 meaning 99,95% of players would have seen it drop already.

Fun stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    108 trolls solve and still no Zin'rokh...I'm starting to think it's bugged for me or something..

Quote Originally Posted by mouze View Post
    I'll gladly get you screenies of my 3 chars I've farmed on, 67 solves on paladin lvld 80-83 from arch 127 on my rogue lvld 70-80 from arch, and currently, 327 solves on my warrior main. Totalling 521.

If droprate = 1% it would be 0,99^521 meaning 99,95% of players would have seen it drop already.

Fun stuff!
    You clearly don't understand math. The drop rate is 1%. This means that every time you solve an artifact, your chance at it is 1%. Because every solve is independent from the solve before it, you multiply the probabilities of each consecutive attempt. You did this without really understanding what it meant. Your process is correct, but your interpretation of the data is not. The net probability of NOT getting Zinrokh (with a presumed 1% drop) over 521 consecutive attempts is 0.5%. This means the probability of getting Zinrokh is 99.5% (yes, even doing the simple subtraction to make sure you get it) OVER 521 CONSECUTIVE ATTEMPTS. This is of course theoretical, and it's certainly possible to be in that 0.5%.

However, it does not mean that 99.5% of all players should have Zinrokh. Also, I'm sorry that you're frustrated, but being a douche to people on the forums isn't really going to help you out.

Hope I've cleared that up for you a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bjbinns View Post
    Stuff...
    I see your precious feelings got hurt for some reason.
    I apologize for any inconvenience that may have hurt your brain and forced you to use capslock to make your points.

Good day sir!

And do try to relax
    Last edited by mmoc14efaeb8b2; 2011-01-05 at 11:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the same as everyone else here...around 100 troll solves and no sword.
    My mind is now just on standby while I watch Full Metal Alchemist on my second screen. At least I got a lot of fun stuff to, and I love the transformation items.

133 troll Solved on warrior past 450 nothing. Than i took my shammy (love 7.5mins HS) and lvled it to lvl 83 thru archeology. I gathered 1438 troll fragments and around 58 tablets and i was collecting them for like 4 days until one day i just said "cba lets try solving them".
    I was in SW when i started Solving fragments and Zin'Rokh poped when i had ~ 350 fragments left.
    Mentioned that i was in SW just to let u know that u dont have to be on exhausted(spelling!?) Troll digsite.
    GL all

I solved 130 troll after 450 on my main (DK tank), with nothing but a bag full of gray items to show for it. Now in the Process of leveling my alt paladin and saving all troll frags to see if he has better luck (no Twilight dig sites thank god). At 350 skill now with 1200 frags saved up. Once I get 450 skill Ill start solving and update my post. Betting on nothing again though. So used to it.

I think we must assume a 1% drop rate, I think Blizzard understand how much time each solve takes and would think the maths through.

Let's say it is 1%, to get a good chance of seeing the sword drop, say... 70% you should expect to solve around 120 troll artefacts.

If, however, it's less. Say, 0.1%, then to get the same odds of seeing the sword you should expect to solve 1,200 troll artefacts. This is obscene.

For all you lovely people, here's a nice big graph to show you how lucky or unlucky you have been assuming a 1% drop:

I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Got it earlier after 2.5k fragments. 1.1k on my warrior and then 1.4k on my mage which i actually got it on

Deleted
    Got it the other day while farming Dwarf rares for professor. Took me 17 solves, didn't even have every troll common (missed the Bijou thingie) before it poped up on my screen.

Also, I'm a paladin, and the only spec I don't play is ret.

Just got it now took me 188 troll solves and all i can say is wow what a grind. All that is left is to lvl my 80 deathknight good luck to all who are still trying to get it my best advice for you is just put on some relaxing music and just keep at it. GL

10+ Year Old Account
    Over 1000 solves. No sword. It's the only damn thing I want from this profession and I can't get it. You have no idea how many times I wanted to break things, throw my computer out the window, rip my head off, gouge my eyes out.

I don't know how much more I can take. I am losing faith.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit