Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Zin'Rokh destroyer of free time

on a related note, /cry dwarven caster staff, farmed for at least 80 hours, and gave up
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

Quote Originally Posted by dermatu View Post
    When I see those numbers I think some people definately need to get a life ... How can you waste so much time on a bullshit sword ...
    Well, personally, I spend very little time doing it :P as I stated earlier, my partner on maternity leave was bored. so I have her doing it. :P but its still something I do at home too, I mean, yesterday I was forced to sit through, survivor, american idol, americas next top model etc etc.. what better to do during those 40 minute sessions?

archy has lead me to the forums, more rewarding sharing the agony. I don't agree with the kittens comment but it accurately describes what blizzard has done to us. Need a new hobby. 575 solves and one useful item. What is with all the rewards that are actually not helpful, a hearth that shares cool down with your current hearth? A random jump that has a 12h cool down? This torture seems intentional, I guess they want us to bleed from the eye balls, exactly what is required to stop playing the game.
    The final ironry will be nerfing it after so much pain, so all this is wasted time
    I have a theory that they wanted everyone to traverse the beautiful scenerey and use the full landscape. I now hate the landscape and would do anything to travel through it with my eyes closed.

Deleted
    Just got Zin'Rokh as my 27th Troll solve while doing Archeology in Kalimdor for the Night Elf trinket. Don't even have a character that can use it, only thing I actually wanted from Archeology was the trinket for my resto shammy main.

Deleted
    I think they could lower the cooldown and lasten the effect on the vanity items.

For example I searched a couple hours for Bones of Transformation.

You only get changed to naga for 20 seconds and it has a 10 minute cooldown pretty big huge letdown.

Indeed Indeed by my last count I am at 482 solves for the troll.

Just did a run with a pally who had it, he had it 2 weeks out of catta and solved 110-120 solves on eitrigg. This made me rage so much that every time I saw him swing the blade it stabbed at me rather than the adds. It hurt so much I that I am looking at my renewal date for my subscription with glee and wait for it to go from green to red. Will I renew, before it was a assured... now not so much.

A game is not meant to make you feel this way, game = fun ... the game is not meant to have traps in it like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    For those of us that don't have Zin'rokh yet, how much you wanna bet you'll get the voodoo figurine before you see the sword....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    684 troll solves =/

Trolls sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Malneeza View Post
    684 troll solves =/

Trolls sucks ass
    Mal, tell me... do you really think this was by design, if not make a ticket and ask if something is wrong with your account if it was by design then are you less entitled that the guy who got it at 110 solves just after cata, the last time I checked your 15 bucks is the same as his 15 bucks why should you be deprived any less than him. His enjoyment of the game is greater than yours because he got what he wanted with less effort than you. There would be no problem if everyone from the beginning got zinny with 800 solves, but they did not and they could not because no one would do this stupid profession but what blizzard did was your typical bait and switch.

1. Release new profession (time sink)
    2. Offer key rewards relativity easily early in release (ie increased drop rate)
    3. Once word is out and people are doing the profession decrease drop rate (keep them grinding)
    4. Profit

Now this was blizzards plan because it allowed people to grind the game without any extra content BUT the issue is now people learnt their lessons and the reputation of the profession has been tarnished. So what do they do make it compulsory to access extra content, nice scam .... now you have to do the profession on ALL your ALTS as well to access the extra content. More time sink.... more profit, I just don't believe how they can get away with this.

People say RNG is RNG but to those I see you at 1000 troll solves with nothing to show for it and then tell us how you feel because you will my friends oh you will.

4000 troll solves nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Nemain-cB View Post
    4000 troll solves nothing
    Is someone trying to shift this thread into MAXIMUM OVERTROLL...

Screenshots or didn't happen

Archaeology could be made a lot more interesting, by simply letting you choose what type of node to track at 525.

I've stopped doing it because the rewards are only mildly useful, and soon to be outdated anyways. It's not worth the time solving for the one piece I actually want (tol'vir ring) if its rare to begin with, not to mention I have to clear 4-5 dig sites per Tol'vir site.

When is it going to be out of date, the new tier content is going to be pushed back to 4.2, 4.1 will only introduce 353 epic's, 359 is still the standard purple item from raids. I hear the 4.2 content wont be out for at least another 2-3 months. I wonder why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarojerry View Post
    When is it going to be out of date, the new tier content is going to be pushed back to 4.2, 4.1 will only introduce 353 epic's, 359 is still the standard purple item from raids. I hear the 4.2 content wont be out for at least another 2-3 months. I wonder why that is.
    Most of the gear is somewhat already outdated if you're on HMs, when 4.2 comes out, it will be all but worthless. Hundreds of hours invested in something as random and dull as archaeology to get some novelty items and a couple of 359s is hardly an interesting way to spend time.

I hope Blizz has at least considered it, because the ability to focus on one particular race at a time at 525 would revitalize this profession.

Deleted
    232 troll solves drving me crazy ( like some 1 mentioned b4 wen you see some 1 with it and they say they got it after a few solves a little bit of me dies inside ( most frustrating thing in wow

Deleted
    700 troll solves, and that's where I say stop. The nice cash aside I've earned while grinding, this awful gamble of a profession is just garbage. I'll complete the rest of the achievements I have in the archaeology tab, and never touch this profession again.

I'm fully aware that it's not supposed to be a free 359 piñata, but the very least one could demand is some sense of progression towards your goals rather than walking in the dark.

For those of you who'll still fight on, rock on, but I've had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I hope Blizz has at least considered it, because the ability to focus on one particular race at a time at 525 would revitalize this profession.
    Well from someone who is unlucky and has not been raiding for the last month due to group and guild issues I understand now what you mean from the gear already being obsolete.

But with the incoming ability to foucs on races you want (ie the site nerf) the issue here is THAT Blizz WILL nerf the drop rate even more. What I figure is items that add visual differences like the sword and the staff etc. are nerfed to nonexistance but items like the ring and maybe MAYBE the trinket that don't add visual differences have a greater drop rate.

In the end arch is a failed profession, if you consider it a profession that could potentially help you before you pre-raid and heroic mode dungeons it has failed abysmally and has damaged the game and the professions reputation. But it is a unmitigated success in regards to suckering in people like myself to grind it day after day, after day.

To fix this what do blizzard do, they make it compulsory for all toons to do it in a effort to give the profession either second chance (with other mods they do) or a bigger time sink forcing all your alts to do it to access special mode content in instances. This profession is NOT fun and NOT enjoyable at 500+ solves and I challenged anyone who still gambles with it at that level to tell us otherwise.

Also there is another segment of the wow population who judge people in this thread to have no self control in regards to wow-grinds, the problem is not the people who grind this to 700 and 1000+ solves, the problem is that blizzard did not code breaks into the profession i.e. if solves = +500 then give them the bloody item but they did not because THEY WANT YOU TO GRIND IT and destroy your life in the process.

This does not instill good faith in the relationship you have with blizzard and essentially you have to look at them an entity with a hostile intent will to do anything ethical and unethical to get your subscription.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 09:27 AM ----------

I bow before you Mal, and if I could give you /hug and a /smile I would. I currently have all the achievements except my 20th rare and all my remaining ones are you guessed it Troll, Dwarf, Nelf and Tolvir super rare rares. This is making me rage at maximum and I hope to get at least one in 5 days when my subscription ends or whenever my shadowmourne shard collection completes then a few screenshots of my character with shadowmourne in full tier 10-tier epics, shed a tear and bid farewell to Azeroth.

700 troll solves, and that's where I say stop. The nice cash aside I've earned while grinding, this awful gamble of a profession is just garbage. I'll complete the rest of the achievements I have in the archaeology tab, and never touch this profession again.

I'm fully aware that it's not supposed to be a free 359 piñata, but the very least one could demand is some sense of progression towards your goals rather than walking in the dark.

I feel for you, and I know nothing we say is gonna make you feel any better. My best advice is not to make this as your main focus in game, take a break from it and dig occasionally when u r waiting in heroic and BG queues or whatever else.

I was like many of ppl on here spent all my time on wow digging for this stupid sword, i saved up 1000+ fragments b4 the nerf and solved all and them and got nothing but greys that sold for coppers and silvers. i then spent more countless hours digging in hope that next solve will be the sword. I became very frustrated with digging and with the game to the point where i was going to cancel my subscription. weeks later, i decided to stop digging... forget all about the sword and start doing other things such as arena, achievements, dailies.

I went back to digging 2 weeks later after our raid and while waiting for 2v2 queues.. the sword popped... i was in shock bcuz this time i was not looking for it and wasnt expecting it and never thought i would ever gotten it. it really did come when u least expected.

I am not going to mention how many solves as it is pointless and might add insult to injury to some of ppl on here. I guess what i am trying to say is, dont let this one little thing in game ruling your fun with the game, there are other things to do then just digging for this sword, try and go enjoy other things in game and digg when you have downtime.

I know right now it sux, but when u finally digg it up, it will all be worth it. good luck.
    Last edited by Platinumstar; 2011-04-11 at 09:15 AM.

Plantinum,

Thanks for the words of encouragement..... but when is enough ENOUGH, 100, 1000, 10000 solves when do you just say stop..... 1 month, 2 months 3 months 4 months.

How did blizzard even test this profession, the trick is they didn't because the beta testers would have given them back the appropriate feedback. What do you think that would have been?