Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1 Vote per HC..?

Well me and my 2 guildies were doing HC HoO and we were failing terribly on the first boss. And the main reason for that was the bad shadow priest that we had failing with lever etc. After a couple of wipes we finally get the boss down and we decide to vote kick the shadow priest. After that we get an even worse person in, a paladin, who is pulling out 1.9k on trash, needed on a couple of green trash etc. So we kindly ask him to leave cus we know we wont be able to do any of the bosses with his DPS, but the guy refuses to leave. Later on at the second we wipe during to the healer going oom, because of bad dps etc etc.

After that, since we couldn't convince him to leave, we decide just to leave the group.

TL;DR

Do you guys think that they should add unlimited amount of vote kicks, or at least give it some kind of cooldown to avoid sitations like these?
    Last edited by Fleabass; 2010-12-21 at 11:02 PM.

Yes unlimited kicks please.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

First kick - maybe it's them.
    If you feel the need to kick someone a second time, chances are, the problem may be you.

With the current state of healers getting chain kicked in heroics I don't think that would be a good idea. There are too many people that abuse the system now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    No.

If you feel the need to kick someone a second time, chances are, the problem may be you.
    In this case ( from the OP's side of the story ) the second person was worse than the first. Although this may be the case most of the time, it wasn't in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    In this case ( from the OP's side of the story ) the second person was worse than the first. Although this may be the case most of the time, it wasn't in this situation.
    Right, but I find the OP's description of events dubious at best.
    No one ever likes to take the blame for anything, it's always someone else's fault.

If you have two or three people from a guild in a group, it would basically give them a license to demand to be carried.

No one ever likes to take the blame for anything, it's always someone else's fault.

If you have two or three people from a guild in a group, it would basically give them a license to demand to be carried.
    So basically you want us to 4man the heroics with a paladin who is breaking CC and whatnot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleabass View Post
    So basically you want us to 4man the heroics with a paladin who is breaking CC and whatnot?
    From the sound of it, you shouldn't have kicked the priest in the first place. But there's really not enough information to say (and no way to know how accurate your side of the story is).

No.

No, as the OP presents well, chances are the second guy was also an idiot, and ended up causing the group to disintegrate. Unlimited kicks are better.

No.

There is alot wrong with this statement in regards to RANDOM dungeons

Its not your fault if you get more than one person who can't handle certain jobs and its certainly not unseen

In my own experience i have kicked people for low DPS or because they continually broke CCs and got someone who did more or less the same, is that my fault? No.
    Does that affect how the group is progressing? Yes.

I HATE to compare anyone to cancer but thats what bad players who refuse to learn are when in groups and you will have to get rid of them to get things done

A quote i have used time and again on players like that who try to say "I can play how i want":
    "Your $14.95 entitles you to play how you want but the rest of the groups $59.80* says play right" (*paraphrased)

If you wanna play your way and that way causes to you perform poorly in a group setting feel free to go do quests or run with like minded people.

Theres no reason to drag down others who would like to progress into content and have learned how to do so just because you refuse to do the same.

True the OPs details are pretty one-sided but its not an unlikely situation and I can say i have been in similar since they added the dungeon-finder
    I'll give my own experience from a HPoS run i was healing a few months back:

We started the run downed Garfrost and i took a quick glance at the meters i noticed our paladin was pulling just over 1.1k DPS while the other DPS were pulling about 3.1k-3.3k
    I asked the paladin if he could pick it up and his reply was:
    "These other guys are pulling enough DPS so i don't have to"
    Now here's the thing i DESPISE carrying someone especially when they say they just won't do anything
    So i initate a kick and we boot him
    We continue with the next two pulls and we get a DK, as chance would have it he was from my realm, and had recently boasted pulling 5k single target in trade (I realize this sounds incredibly unrealistic but i promise this happened)
    So we go on with the next couple of pulls and i notice his DPS was only 1.5k i also noticed his 2nd highest DMG ability was heart strike but he was Dual-wielding
    So i asked if he forgot to re-equip his 2h (i was polite as could be about it) he said no he pulls more DPS DWing as Blood...
    We get to the boss and i attempt to boot him as well but unfortunately i could not.
    Now we didn't wipe but the DK died cuz he stood in mines and didn't deem it necessary to move away from them.
    Long-story short(er) He died from icicles in the cave, then again because he followed Tyrannus through the frost instead of around it
    (i was quite frustrated with him at this point and told him if he wanted to intentionally take dmg that could be avoided i would not heal him)

I assure you this is what happened exactly how it happened

TL;DR
    We had a paladin who wanted us to carry him, then got a DK we were forced to carry because we could not boot him.

Everyone else did their job fine.
    Last edited by Zidius; 2010-12-22 at 12:47 AM.

No.

Problem is probably me if person dies and goes afk for 30 minutes.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely have to agree on unlimited kicks, our guild usually runs our heroics with 4 people and more often than not we get people that don't know how to leave a sheep alone, stay out of fire, pewpew good, etc.

A little OT: How does one fail at the levers in HoO?

It is possible to kick multiple times I can do it but not everyone can blizz keeps track of how often you kick people and the more people you kick the more restrictions you may get such as 1 kick or having to wait 15 min to kick.

Just as how blizzard keeps track of people who kick alot, they should keep track of people who get kicked alot.
    So they can be kicked easier and as they finally get the point where they stop being an idiot all the time they become less likely to be kickable after one kick has been made.

also unlimited kicks is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Zidius View Post
    In my own experience i have kicked people for low DPS or because they continually broke CCs and got someone who did more or less the same, is that my fault? No.
    Does that affect how the group is progressing? Yes.
    Just wondering - do you kick people for low DPS even if the group is progressing fine? You talking about people "wanting to be carried" which generally means "someone trying to gear up". Kicking low DPSers as a community, consistenly reduces the gear level of players we encounter in randoms.

I understand kicking people who are in an instance they're clearly not suited for and a minimum level of DPS is required by everyone in order to defeat the soft-enrages of some bosses, etc. However, I can't see any justifiable reason to kick someone whose lower DPS is not causing the group to wipe - as they're probably the ones who NEED to be there, as opposed to the rest of us farming for JP/VPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

I realise the dungeon finder has made things 'now now quick quick go go', but I really think reversing it to the old dungeon system would be better for all of us.

Sure, you'd get your badges slower, but poeple would be inclined to stick with their groups and properly learn the ropes knowing how much longer it took to get a group together.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetallest View Post
    With the current state of healers getting chain kicked in heroics I don't think that would be a good idea. There are too many people that abuse the system now.
    wait.. what? i've been doing nothing but healing hc's since cata came out (well.. normals for a starter but you get my point) and i have never get kicked before.. is it just me being good or ?

im serious.. never been kicked in a hc in cata so far..

Quote Originally Posted by Fleabass View Post
    Do you guys think that they should add unlimited amount of vote kicks, or at least give it some kind of cooldown to avoid sitations like these?
    Also, as noted by other players - those of us who don't always kick immediately at someone merely asking a question, etc, CAN kick multiple times in a dungeon. As announced previously, statistics for kicking players and being kicked are all recorded against each ACCOUNT and used in a hidden algorithm to decide.. various things. We don't really know what (it's not exactly announced), but how often you can kick when the need arises is clearly part of it.

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xelaa View Post
    wait.. what? i've been doing nothing but healing hc's since cata came out (well.. normals for a starter but you get my point) and i have never get kicked before.. is it just me being good or ?

im serious.. never been kicked in a hc in cata so far..
    Naw, you'd be unlucky to encounter it. It generally involves running into a bad tank/dps who don't know how to avoid damage on certain bosses, and in turn as each healer fails to keep them alive (because, they're killing themselves), the group blames yet another healer and kicks them. Repeat ad nauseum until an overgeared healer comes along who's able to keep the completely fail group alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't feel the unlimited kicks are necessary at all. yes there is a lot of bads out there, imo it only needs 2 per person in the grp, that's plenty of vote kicks yet not over doing it with for each person, and shouldn't vote kicking be a group decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Just wondering - do you kick people for low DPS even if the group is progressing fine? You talking about people "wanting to be carried" which generally means "someone trying to gear up". Kicking low DPSers as a community, consistenly reduces the gear level of players we encounter in randoms.
    None of my dps characters in pre-regular greens did less than 9k dps. In nearly full to full 333 gear it's easy to pull 14k+ there is no excuse for below 8k dps in heroics, there's barely any excuse for below 8k dps in regular these days. The gearing up argument is invalid.