Holy Priest Professions in Cataclysm

I didn't/couldn't find a thread on this already, but what are currently the two best professions for a Holy Priest?

Deleted
    smithy (2 extra gems) + jewelcrafter (3 JC-only gems)

I still use the good ol' Tailoring/Enchanting combo. Tailoring gives the cloak embroideries (580 sp for 15 sec proc for Lightweave Embroidery *or* chance to restore 800 mana when casting a spell for Darkglow Embroidery) and Enchanting gives an enchant for each ring (I use the 40 int enchants - only cost one Heavenly Shard!)

The big 3 are Leatherworking, Engineering and Jewelcrafting. Then comes Alchemy, Enchanting and Blacksmithing. Tailoring is just beneath those.

Absolute best is Engineering + Leatherworking. Since 1 Int = ~1.16 Spirit it makes Leatherworking worth right around 87 Int. Engineering is worth 96 and Jewelcrafting is worth 81. Alch/Ench/BS are all worth 80. Tailoring is worth ~67 MP5. Inscription and Skinning are the next down the line. If you play Shadow at all then Tailoring is a tad better for that than for Holy/Disc.

What makes engineering such a viable choice? I have tailoring and I've put too much money in it to want to drop it now, but I may consider it in the future if LW/engineering are so much better.

I have JC now, but I'm kind of bad at keeping up with the dailies and such.

Engi only remains viable as long as people are using engi helms, correct? Once those get replaced it seems like engi would drop down.

Synapse Springs. Syncing them with Shadow Fiend and Hymn of Hope if needed could be fun too, especially since the glove enchants are otherwise pretty meh.
    Grannus, Scarlet Crusade
    I'm mean because you're terrible.

Synapse Springs is great, but my fav still be the Nitro Boost. Fortunately, it get a higher failure chance now, I love FLYING (really)

ATM, lightweave enchant for tailoring is not working as the tooltip says. Instead of the 585SP, it actually gives 585int. My mana pool jumps like 8k each time it procs along with the SP buff and increased regen. The best part is, you don't lose that mana after the buff wears off (unllike HoH). It is by far the best thing you can have in the game as a healer.

Apparently, the self-embroidered leg enchant from tailoring is a tad better.

Sanctified Spellthread: 95int and 55 spi
    Ghostly Spellthread: 55int and 45 spi

That, plus the current darkglow embroidery on cloak should make tailoring a competitive choice.

I'm also sure that the current version of lightweave is not intended to be 580 int, because in that case it would even have superior spellpower than darkglow, not to mention the increased output and the fact that u can combine it with hymn/torrent/fiend
    Last edited by zsun; 2010-12-22 at 09:42 AM.

Powerful/Ghostly threads are BOE, and you can buy em from the ah(95int 55 stam/spirit) there are no self made bop ones anymore. I find Enchanting/JC a powerful combo, with the 2 40+int ring enchants, and 3 epic gems you really cant go wrong. I would NEVER drop JC, but if you wanted to replace enchanting with something comparable id choose BS for the 2 extra gem slots.

Tailoring does need some love atm.

I went tailoring and inscription, but that's because I knew I could make gold as a scribe. I went from ~6/7k a day on glyphs (I dominated the market, lol), to a little over 800.

I think BS/JC/enchanting are all very strong choices at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    Engi only remains viable as long as people are using engi helms, correct? Once those get replaced it seems like engi would drop down.
    That is only true of melee/tanks/hunters. Synapse Springs is +96 Int average (480 for 12 every 60). The helm's are highly over-rated and will be replaced in T11 non-heroic content, but the Springs are amazing at +16 Int over budget. Compare to LW that's only +7 Int over budget as a healer (much more as Shadow) and JC that's only 1 Int over budget.

Over-budget: Engi (+96), LW (+~87), JC (+81)
    At-Budget: BS/Ench/Alch (+80)
    Under-budget: Tailoring (+67 MP5), Skinning (+80 Crit), Inscription (+70 Int, 35 Crit -> 25 Haste), Herb (+40 Haste)

I treat 1 Int as equal to 1.4 MP5, so Tailoring is actually very far under-budget at ~48. Not as far Skinning at ~15, or Herb at ~17, but roughly on par with Inscription at ~49.

Don't use these as Shadow btw. Tailoring is actually really good as Shadow. LW is stronger as Shadow as well due to reforging and weightings making it worth ~97.5 instead of ~87 Int.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    I'm also sure that the current version of lightweave is not intended to be 580 int, because in that case it would even have superior spellpower than darkglow, not to mention the increased output and the fact that u can combine it with hymn/torrent/fiend
    I know it is "bugged" atm but I am enjoying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sylveriemoon View Post
    Powerful/Ghostly threads are BOE, and you can buy em from the ah(95int 55 stam/spirit) there are no self made bop ones anymore.
    You are somewhat-right. Tailors can basically make the same leg enchant on their own legs for far less mats than the "boe" one. Speaking of mats, the epic caster leg enchants are highly monopolized. If you actually look closely at the mats for them, you notice that the only item needed to make them is 1 dreamcloth. Further inquiry reveals that dreamcloth is BoP, meaning once the tailor makes a dreamcloth (1 of the 6) it cannot be traded. The tailor then hast to convert said dreamcloth into the leg enchant to make it "BoE" This is the reason the epic enchant is selling for 10x the cost of the rare patterns and why tailoring has become an easy gold mine for me.

And people QQ over the chaos orb :P