Backstab in Assassination

Question about backstab in assassination spec. "murderous intent" level 2 can let the backstab refund 30 energy under a certain condition. let's say without considering the glyph bonus, the backstab will cost 60 energy. With the talent "murderous intent" level 2, I presume the backstab still require rogues to have at least 60 energy to use the ability then return 30 energy. Or rogues actually can use backstab when they only have 30 energy? Thanks, just curious.

It returns 30 energy (35 when you crit with glyphe) but it needs 60 to be used
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

Quote Originally Posted by kenshiro View Post
    Question about backstab in assassination spec. "murderous intent" level 2 can let the backstab refund 30 energy under a certain condition. let's say without considering the glyph bonus, the backstab will cost 60 energy. With the talent "murderous intent" level 2, I presume the backstab still require rogues to have at least 60 energy to use the ability then return 30 energy. Or rogues actually can use backstab when they only have 30 energy? Thanks, just curious.
    You have to actually have 60 energy, once you take into account the energy return plus the glyph, It's hardly noticeable that you even need energy.

Ok, that makes sense. So in PvE, assa-rogues definitely should use backstab to generate CP when the boss below 35% hp or that's still arguable. I just feel backstab doing too low dmg at level 84 now compare with mutilate. Any level 85 rogue here can show ur crit/non-crit dmg in both would be really nice, Thanks again.

It's not arguable, its a very high dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshiro View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. So in PvE, assa-rogues definitely should use backstab to generate CP when the boss below 35% hp or that's still arguable. I just feel backstab doing too low dmg at level 84 now compare with mutilate. Any level 85 rogue here can show ur crit/non-crit dmg in both would be really nice, Thanks again.
    No it is not arguable, your dps goes up about 15% during your execute phase (that's off the top of my head could be more) you only use 25 energy for a backstab when it crits, you roll to 5 combo points quicker, higher envenom buff uptime.

There is no question, it by far is an increase

using backstab below 35% isntead of mutilate is pushing your dps by more than 1000
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

I suggest you read the Assassination (PvE) - Your Need To Know!

All answers are within that wall of text