Thread: Dps

Deleted

Dps

How is every1's DPS looking with their current spec?
    Also with what rough stats is that with.

I've got decent enough gear (mix of PVP and PVE) so far with BM as my spec and seem to only be getting around 5.8k dps...seems low?

Quote Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    How is every1's DPS looking with their current spec?
    Also with what rough stats is that with.

I've got decent enough gear (mix of PVP and PVE) so far with BM as my spec and seem to only be getting around 5.8k dps...seems low?
    Drop the pvp gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, my survival hunter im doing about 11-13k dps in heroics, boss fights

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronarch/simple

thats my armoury link, also, i reforged the haste out for essentials, hit, then mastery

edits: yeah i agree, pvp gear has no place in pve content. you sacrifice pve stats to gain pvp survivability

Deleted
    Maxing around 13k on dummy in SV 1/9/31 spec with 344 ilvl atm.
    In raids I easily pull a constant 20k with all the food, buffs, flasks etc. Ofc some fights are lower and some are higher cause of tacts but yeah Surv seems fine.

I tested it out just now and with the same gear/gem/reforging set-up in my Beast Mastery Soloing/PVP build I do 11k dummy dps.

Got roughly around 4300 agi 8% haste and hit with 20% crit all from Self buffs. My AP in BM build is higher though due to certain talents.

Here's my armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andurin/simple
    P.S. yes I know some thing in my glyphs are off as I dont have that talent point blablabla, I'm working on fixing that.
    Last edited by mmoc37fcc110f2; 2010-12-22 at 11:09 PM. Reason: added armoury link

Deleted
    I don't play a hunter, but my friend is levelling a BM hunter, he's level 84 and he pulls ~6k
    I'd say yours is quite low

Pulling 16.5k on a dummy with 353 avg ilvl, and did 21.4k on argaloth in baradin hold.
    EDIT: @Socron: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jjla1ao99hfzp5dj/
    Last edited by Quenay; 2010-12-23 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Added logs

I have seen something similar to the OP. I had to go BM for raid this week because of lack of geared mage/shamans in the guild right now and I saw a big drop in dps from BM to SV. In SV I was hitting the raid target for around 11-12k while in BM I was hitting for 9-10k. Also, I am at ilvl 343 pve gear.

Deleted
    is there anything wrong with my shot routine for BM?

Hunter's Mark > Serpent Sting > then Kill Command whenever I can, always casting cobra shot to make sure I have enough mana and renew the serpent's sting and if I'm high enough on focus throw in an arcane shot here and there

You only need to cast serpent sting once. Unless it falls off because for some reason you never casted cobra shot

Quote Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    is there anything wrong with my shot routine for BM?

Hunter's Mark > Serpent Sting > then Kill Command whenever I can, always casting cobra shot to make sure I have enough mana and renew the serpent's sting and if I'm high enough on focus throw in an arcane shot here and there
    Make sure you use Bestial Wrath, don't pop Focus Fire during Bestial Wrath or Heroism. Line up your trinkets with Rapid Fire, Call of the Wild and/or Heroism. If Bestial Wrath comes off cooldown don't pop it straight away, wait untill right before Kill Command comes of cooldown.

There is a lot of discussion if you should line up haste increases with other haste increases. I don't know for sure, can't give you advice there. (And I hope the next person that quotes this line to say it's either benefitial or not, can come up with data sets, a formula that proves the theory under other gear sets with higher base haste and so on and so on, before I hear the next best shot in the darkness again with some half proven theories)
    Creator of the Hunter Got Focus Add-On, your best overview in deciding what to do with your focus!

Deleted
    20k on argaloth in 347 ilvl (all 346 blues and 2 rep epics).

10+ Year Old Account
    15-16k on a Dummy (Your Dummy DPS will usually always be higher than what you really pull if you do it as Survival due to Careful Aim and the Dummy always having 100%), 15k Heroics, pulled 20-21k constant w/my old ranged wpn (lvl 83 crafed gun) on Omnitron a few nights ago. Guessing I might be able to break 23k if I go in there again w/my new Amber Messenger and belt with my soon to be 525 alchemy. Still need exalted boots and exalted trinkets till I'm pretty much BiS for raiding.

My Armory
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2010-12-23 at 12:31 AM.

You guys should link logs to prove you're dps.

The good hunters seem to be in the 10k range in heroics... the bad ones, 5k. :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    20k on argaloth in 347 ilvl (all 346 blues and 2 rep epics).
    Armory or Log please.

As for myself. 11-14k in a 10m boss fight. That involves alot of moving etc. I am excited to try out TB lewt boss and see what kind of numbers i get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I only pulled bit above 17k on Argaloth. Still did 3k more than the next highest person ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    Armory or Log please.

As for myself. 11-14k in a 10m boss fight. That involves alot of moving etc. I am excited to try out TB lewt boss and see what kind of numbers i get.
    Both if you want.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../randar/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f.../?s=947&e=1239

Uh, why would anyone even be challenging that? 20k on what amounts to a nearly pure tank-n-spank fight for a 346+ geared SV Hunter isn't unlikely at all.

Nice by the way, Axelarius. I'm having the opposite problem as you; having to reforge everything away from Hit instead of to Hit.

Deleted
    Im new to playing a hunter just rerolled for cata so not exactly skilled as others with a lot of exp playing the class but atm i seem to be doing about 17k dps on Argaloth and about 14k dps on a lot of movment fights.

Deleted
    Well, I make 8k dps with survival and a gs of 327. DPS without pet!