Thread: Shadowfiend

Shadowfiend

Sometimes when i use shadowfiend he doesnt attack enemy, just stay near me looking to me. And at this point i have to use a spell on the boss to attack him.
    Is this supose to happens? I remmember in wotlk we just had to use shadowfiend on an enemy and he would go alone, we didnt need to send him attack the target..

15+ Year Old Account
    you might be able to use /petattack bound with the shadowfiend key

This happens to me too. I'm not sure if it is intentional. This is happening in Disc or Holy spec yes? As shadow you are dps'ing so you dont need to tell it to attack. Only thing you can do atm is just keep an eye on your pet bar when u cast your fiend. If it doesn't flash then you need to tell it to attack. Otherwise just make a macro for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should just auto attack whatever your target is regardless but it hasn't been working very stably since 4.0. I just pop the CD and then immediately hit the pet attack button.

10+ Year Old Account
    you could throw a dot on boss at start (i Know, I know mana but hey) so it could automaticly attack it because of combat.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I am shadow and my Shadowfiend seems to attack a target which I send it to, by just summoning it. No need to attack it first. (Won't get loot if I let it kill the mob alone, though -_-)

Haven't tried in holy or disc

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try having this macro as your Shadowfiend button:

#showtooltip
    /cast shadowfiend
    /cast [pet,nomodifier] Shadowcrawl

It will make sure he is attacking, but also by hitting it again, it will ensure he keeps using his Shadowcrawl attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've not had this issue. I generally have it on aggressive though.

Have it on aggressive instead of defensive. Check that it's not set to defensive.

When it gets summoned click the attack button on its bar. I usually just have it on aggressive though, and don't have to do that.

Shadowfiend is quite clearly broken atm... i too get occasions where my shadowfiend will just sit at a boss and not attack until I spam the pet attack command a few times. I have a macro that casts shadowfiend, casts shadowcrawl and commands the pet to attack my target but that is unreliable. I even have had situations where i've been ganked by a pet class and though I cast my fiend on the DK or Hunter it goes off and attacks their pet.

I'd suggest blizzard are aware of it and will look at fixing it at some stage. I certainly haven't had so many problems with shadowfiend in the past.