10+ Year Old Account

Underground Miners

So, for about a week now in deepholme, there have been hacked accounts mining deepholme, by literally teleporting from node to node, this has existed since Vanilla, why hasn't blizzard put some system into play to help solve this other than hoping someone reports it? Thoughts? Please don't flame, just getting freakishly annoyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you completed the quests in deepholm? It might be a phasing issue. It happens to me all the time because my gatherers are in the process of leveling.

You'll be flying over, see a node and it disapears when you land/get close right?

ive had the same problem in uldum with metal...ill fly down start tapping a pyrite ore and its gone or ill click it and it will says its already in use.
    i juss shrug and keep on trucking i can only imagine how many folks ive taken ore/herbs that where out of phase from me.
    Last edited by jonasragfist; 2010-12-23 at 10:31 AM. Reason: thats the sound of the man working on the railroad
    the most filthy thing ive ever seen in game was.
    a beastmaster and feral drood in a arena team,
    they won by making love to each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like phasing. The worse one is at Grim Batol - If i flew west of the gate nearby, 3 pyrite and an elementium appeared, but as i flew close, they disappeared and off the map to, whilst some more pyrite spawned on the east side. I flew back and forth about 5 or 6 times before I realised...

Only way you can be sure it's a hacker is by having name plates up and seeing these plates targettable, but underground, and moving freakishly fast - I saw it constantly in Wintergrasp.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Only way you can be sure it's a hacker is by having name plates up and seeing these plates targettable, but underground, and moving freakishly fast - I saw it constantly in Wintergrasp.
    Yep WG was bad for it. I suppose it could be a hacker, but I'm still leaning towards phasing as it's a common thing to see in General Chat.

fishing schools have same problem

10+ Year Old Account
    i have completed every single quest in uldum, deepholme, Twilight, and vas'jir :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you might be right then. Turn on nameplates and see if you can grab a name and report them. That's about all you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report them, they will get banned.
    They are not teleporting, they are either mounted or moving insanely fast (depend on the type of bot, iv *name removed*), and they are underground and you can see their name if you turn nameplates (hotkey V for enemies, shift+V for allies, and ctrl+V for everybody).
    I reported dozens of bots like that in wrath, most in icecrown or sholazar.

And for people saying it is phasing, no it is not (at least 99% the time), you can clearly see them underground, iv even shadowstepped one on my rogue and fell into the world. Few days ago i chain CCed one in uldum, using cyclone and entangling roots, after about 2-3 minutes he disconnected.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2010-12-23 at 05:42 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that they are bannnable via reports, what im asking is why blizzard hasn't implemanted a real ingame way to keep them in check, such as moving at "X" amount faster than normal = temporary account freeze or some shit like that, as there is no way in hell to move 500%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Have you completed the quests in deepholm? It might be a phasing issue. It happens to me all the time because my gatherers are in the process of leveling.

You'll be flying over, see a node and it disapears when you land/get close right?
    This. I've encountered phasing while mining/herbing a lot. But in wotlk in wintergrasp there was always those hackers underground, now with all of the phasing I really think it's just that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it really could be a combination of both. I was mining on my Paladin this morning, in Twilight Highlands, only level 81. I've done no quests out there. In some places I could see the node on my minimap, look down and see the actual node. If I flew down within 50ft of it, it would vanish from both the minimap and the ground. Fly away a little bit and it's back. It's frustrating as hell, but not a lot I can do but quest there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greivence View Post
    I know that they are bannnable via reports, what im asking is why blizzard hasn't implemanted a real ingame way to keep them in check, such as moving at "X" amount faster than normal = temporary account freeze or some shit like that, as there is no way in hell to move 500%
    Most don't move faster than 280 or 310, just because of this. You see them flying underground on track humanoids, and you can keep up with them. I've gotten many banned, whether they were keylogged or not (because it's not hacking, not in the least), just keep on reporting. I have a constant ticket open, adding names everyday, and some disappear, though it takes 2-3 days generally, since it has to be escalated, then looked into, then find out if the account is stolen, or just a botter account. The bans happen in waves, so you won't see just one disappear generally.

Have myself reported 2 Bots in the last week. Both level 70's clearly under the terrain mining. Only way you can target them is when they aggro mobs near the nodes and they bug out then you can target its target. Have seen stuff like this since TBC and have reported a ton of them in the last year.

I was in TH and saw an underground nameplate.

Luckily I already got the node, the little shit.

Sigh, its just phasing. The amount of times I've lost a node by 2 seconds difference because I can hear someone else chinking away at the node. Even a couple of nodes in the Twilight area in twilight highlands I cant even fly to because the phasing wont let me get to it lol.
    Its phasing, get used to it.