Thread: Nerfs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    It depends how they nerf Frost to if I'll personally care though. Atm I prefer 2 handed frost in pvp, so I can use HB + Necro Strike with my UF runes, due to Necro Strike scaling, and the absorbtion not caring about Resilience. DW can't effectively use NS, so have to really on extra "nuke" which gets less viable as people get more resilience. So if they nerf Obliterate, no worries <3
    You do realize that the main point about NS is the debuff you apply and not the damage the ability itself does, do you?
    And that the absorbtion is just the same for 2h and DW since it scales with attack power?

I think I could really care less if NS did 100% of a 2h or 75% of a 2h's damage.

Necrotic strike could use a little nerf, but considering healing part can't crit it's all balanced, because for example my scourge strike hits for like 10k on cloth and crits for over 20, and necrotic is like 3K +7k all the time. And they can evade the second part of damage by kiting you or immuning the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    You do realize that the main point about NS is the debuff you apply and not the damage the ability itself does, do you?
    And that the absorbtion is just the same for 2h and DW since it scales with attack power?

I think I could really care less if NS did 100% of a 2h or 75% of a 2h's damage.
    Currently though (and I don't know what point of Resilience will change this), Obliterate's damage surpasses the damage + Absorb of NS. The ONLY reason NS actually worries people is the ability to stack a few stacks while a healer is silenced/CC/LOS.

If howling blast gets nerfed, Icy Touch needs the crap buffed out of it to compensate.

Unless they give howling blast a meteor damage split effect (like holy wrath). Then of course, frost would need another AoE worth a damn.

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Currently though (and I don't know what point of Resilience will change this), Obliterate's damage surpasses the damage + Absorb of NS. The ONLY reason NS actually worries people is the ability to stack a few stacks while a healer is silenced/CC/LOS.
    It slows cast speed as well. And only costs one rune.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    i could see a necrotic strike nerf. i am unholy with 2k resilience right now and stuff i necro on just dies. the spell itself is not op, but spamming it is way too powerful. i think giving it a 2 seconds cooldown could fix that so you have to line up other moves in between. i just hope they won't come up with a duration or simple healing amount nerf, as that would screw it ultimately BUT when spammed and i'm not even thinking how useless it would become for frost then.

my role in the rated bg ultimately was getting necrotics on our warriors target ^^
    I agree with you, what makes that spell powerful is the ability to spam it, imo you just find a healer and use all unholy runes on necrotic strike>empower rune weapon>kill.
    ''See me rise, the mighty Surt Destroyer of the universe. Bringer of flames and endless hurt. Scorcher of men and earth!''

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they fix howling blast, because while everybody is dong 1-2k aoes, dks are doing 10-20k.
    Some encounters mechanics get trivialized by such high burst aoe.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dette View Post
    I dont think they should make Dark Sim dispellable at all! All of the rest of our abilities our dispellable (even our snare) so I think our 1m CD ability should NOT at all be dispellable that would be quite unfair for us I think, most classes get a very nice offensive CD.
    As for Necrotic Strike? There is a limit of the amount of stacks we can get, it costs 1 Unholy rune so the only way we can get a lot of stacks is to turn Blood/Frost Runes into Death runes and that requires set up with Blood Strike usually, and then using Empower Rune Weapon but thats a 5 minute CD! So how do we get "unlimited" stacks if we are limited by our resources? Personally.. I am excited that we can actually put pressure on casters as Unholy, before I always felt like I had nice sustained damage but no one ever actually died...

I am really wondering why so many DK's think they should be nerfed! Be HAPPY that you got abilities that are actually fun and unique and dont let Blizz take it away from us!
    Hi I'm a paladin...at least you can't dispell my seal