View Poll Results: Are you having fun in Random Heroic Pugs?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Yes

35 36.46%
  • No

61 63.54%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Random Pug Heroics, are you having fun?

I'm sure not. I have now had 4 straight ques of over 45 minutes only to get in and the group not get past the first pull. First one was grim batol and the tank left upon zoning in, then everyone else did. Next three the tank charged into the first group with no cc and was destroyed, and the group fell apart.

Is this supposed to be fun? That is over three hours completely wasted for no rep gains, justice points, nor loot. Maybe some people consider zero progress fun, I am not one of them.

Something needs to be fixed with this system.

Deleted
    Protip: DONT do heroic PUGS. Find a guild and do it organised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Protip: DONT do heroic PUGS. Find a guild and do it organised.

I wonder if people who say this even think about what they are saying.

to be honest most of them go fine wipe here and there but getting completed, Im a tank and today i got in a group with 4 Italians whom barely spoke any english, i tried to explain what cc to use on which mark but was pointless. ;p

Deleted
    The biggest problem I have with heroics is that people are being total asses when it comes to looting. Needing on stuff they dont need etc. Had a shaman the other day who needed on a +armor trinket, won and left the group.
    Guess it is because you play with people from other server they you most likely never see again.. the internet anonyminity. Sigh!
    Last edited by mmoc4287915051; 2010-12-26 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    I wonder if people who say this even think about what they are saying.
    While he could have worded it better, he makes a very valid point none the less. While I understand some people do not have the time to devote a lot to a guild, there are a lot of massive guilds out there that people join for the sole purpose of leveling and doing guild runs of dungeons, then heriocs when they hit the level cap. Spending even one que's worth of time keeping an eye on trade or looking at your realm forums could produce the name of one of these guilds for you to try and get into.

That would drastically improve your time in heriocs. Another option is just finding one person you know to que up with, so at least if the rest of the group drops you and that person can remain and get taken to the front of the que to refill your group quickly. If you can't fall to either of options, well...Somethings a bit wrong. This is a social game, where you have to play with other people, and if you can't be bothered to put forth the effort to find others with similar goals and desires to your own then why should blizzard be bothered to try and improve a feature that is already working as intended?

It is a very simple case of 'You get what you give.' Put forth the effort to get people to run with and you will have fun and productive heriocs. Sit in que for 45 minutes not speaking to anyone and sitting in a capital city..and you get a group of like minded individuals. Hard to CC or do much of anything successful in a herioc without communication these days.

Edit: To add my own experiences; I play alts until friends are online and won't run a herioc unless I take one of them with me, I play a prot paladin. I commonly run with a resto druid, Affliction warlock, and assassination rogue. We've finished all heriocs we've done with 1-3 pugs in group and skipped one boss throughout them, the middle boss in SFK
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 2010-12-26 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Adding

Deleted
    I am playing as a healer on russian realm and I am having fun, since I dont need to wait and the people are friendly in here.
    Also since everyone are speaking the same language, it is easy to organise even the not-so-intelligent players.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the pug healer can actually avoid simple effects, and knows what heals to actually use; yes.

The biggest problem i find is with tanks in Pugs these days. Either they are terrible and people are too afraid to drop them because they don't want to have to wait an insane amount of time just for the chance of another bad tank or the tank is just decent but they are stuck up and think they can need roll on anything they want and drop if someone complains.

Cataclysm tanks are terrible. Literally I think I've counted 8 times where a tank comes in and either right away states that they are need rolling offspec or waits to try and ninja offspec dps gear from people. I'm not even a melee dps class but I know when a certain role has too much power in the game and when people are being assholes like this and shamelessly taking advantage of the system. Tanks get instant ques then they think they are entitled to everything while dps has to wait 30 minutes plus for the possibility of some self-righteous asshole to try and steal all the loot.

So in short Cataclysm Pugs are not fun usually because of tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    While he could have worded it better, he makes a very valid point none the less. While I understand some people do not have the time to devote a lot to a guild, there are a lot of massive guilds out there that people join for the sole purpose of leveling and doing guild runs of dungeons, then heriocs when they hit the level cap. Spending even one que's worth of time keeping an eye on trade or looking at your realm forums could produce the name of one of these guilds for you to try and get into.

That would drastically improve your time in heriocs. Another option is just finding one person you know to que up with, so at least if the rest of the group drops you and that person can remain and get taken to the front of the que to refill your group quickly. If you can't fall to either of options, well...Somethings a bit wrong. This is a social game, where you have to play with other people, and if you can't be bothered to put forth the effort to find others with similar goals and desires to your own then why should blizzard be bothered to try and improve a feature that is already working as intended?

It is a very simple case of 'You get what you give.' Put forth the effort to get people to run with and you will have fun and productive heriocs. Sit in que for 45 minutes not speaking to anyone and sitting in a capital city..and you get a group of like minded individuals. Hard to CC or do much of anything successful in a herioc without communication these days.

Edit: To add my own experiences; I play alts until friends are online and won't run a herioc unless I take one of them with me, I play a prot paladin. I commonly run with a resto druid, Affliction warlock, and assassination rogue. We've finished all heriocs we've done with 1-3 pugs in group and skipped one boss throughout them, the middle boss in SFK

Clearly I misunderstood the purpose of the LFG tool. I figured that if blizzard spent so much time implementing this system that it would be a viable way to play the game. Apparently they randomly implement things they do not wish their players to use effectively.

Deleted
    dont do pugs simple, there are guilds for a reason

Having a blast, got all the gear I need (mostly) and got all reps done. Working on the meta achieve, a few guildies got it already . I went through a HGrim the other day and had replaced the entire group 3x by the end (ending with a solid group that 1 shot all the remaining bosses). I pug for fun, can do easy runs with guildies, but I still pug some because it is entertaining.

I've pretty much got the same problem, but rest myself in the thought, that this will be over in a couple of months.
    I'm already in a guild, with real-life mates, and wouldn't for anything find another. My playtimes just aren't matching theirs sadly, only during the weekly raid.

But hey, getting the blue pre-raid items and the rep doesn't take that many runs, and I'll get it before we will start raiding ;>

So hang in there y0!

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Clearly I misunderstood the purpose of the LFG tool. I figured that if blizzard spent so much time implementing this system that it would be a viable way to play the game. Apparently they randomly implement things they do not wish their players to use effectively.
    Blizzard at no time said that by using the LFD you will have 100% success rates in your PUG. It is no more guaranteed than a trade chat raid. You gamble everytime you use it and you aren't very lucky. I offered several methods to improve your luck with this feature that is meant to enhance your dungeon grinding, but it's up to you to use them.

Otherwise, you are more than free to keep trying it as you are now but trying the same exact thing repeatedly and expecting different results seems insane to me.

Deleted
    to be honest most of them go fine wipe here and there but getting completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Having a blast, got all the gear I need (mostly) and got all reps done. Working on the meta achieve, a few guildies got it already . I went through a HGrim the other day and had replaced the entire group 3x by the end (ending with a solid group that 1 shot all the remaining bosses). I pug for fun, can do easy runs with guildies, but I still pug some because it is entertaining.
    I was blown away when i saw some pathetic wow junkie the other day I saw with the dungeon meta-achieve. Some people just try too hard and play too much on a freaking game! Loser harcore gamers might wrongly accuse me of just being bad but Cataclysm dungeons are no breeze and only in very good conditions can they go without problems yet I suppose I should expect that there are losers out there that fit right into the nerdy WoW player stereotype that work far too hard to blow through all the content of a game only to whine later when not enough content is implemented because they don't actually appreciate what was already given to them.

Heroics are not as brutal as they once were but again they are no breeze, especially compared to the ease at which WotLK dungeons were even on thier first run through.

The system is fine. For the people who say it isnt, I call user error.

If you cant manage to complete a run using the LFD, you have other options, including joining a guild which you have already shirked off in this thread as not possible for some reason. Perhaps youre just a terrible trolling social nightmare, and thats why you wont join a casual guild, or maybe not, who really knows, and who cares tbh.. If you cant join a guild, you can always do what we had to do before the LFD, by making a server group which includes CC and a capable heals and tank which you know is going to finish. If youre not willing to do anything to help your group succeed, its not the system that needs fixing, its your attitude towards heroics. Like someone else said, if you cant be bothered to invest any time in, you dont deserve the rewards from that time invested.

Also, to your snarky/witty little comment about the dungeon finder being unusable effectively, LOL. Again, user error. The LFD saves so much time of coordinating 5 people into a group and instantly porting them to the start of the run that its not even funny. Blizzard put an excellent tool in the game for us to use and I use it frequently, along with multiple guildies. Hell its even useful for 5 people to queue up and get free instant transport. If you dont like it, dont use it. Simple as that. The fact that youve gotten unlucky, and stuck with incompetents, or perhaps because you are one yourself, or maybe you just psychicly attract those people is not Blizzards or the LFDs problem. Personally, Im tired of people who cant handle heroics and whine and whine and whine for the lfd to be removed or changed. Its fine. Use it and be happy, or dont and stfu please, because QQ threads like this get old, and kittens die because of them

I have been having tons of funs pugging heroics, I think I have been lucky with my groups. Very good players and good at cc, and even when we dont get a boss, my groups tend to stick together even after several wipes, trying new strats. Off course once in a while we get the silly LOLAOE dps that breaks cc, but in average it has been pretty good for me .

Pugging seems to me not much different that at the beginning of wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I was blown away when i saw some pathetic wow junkie the other day I saw with the dungeon meta-achieve. Some people just try too hard and play too much on a freaking game! Loser harcore gamers might wrongly accuse me of just being bad but Cataclysm dungeons are no breeze and only in very good conditions can they go without problems yet I suppose I should expect that there are losers out there that fit right into the nerdy WoW player stereotype that work far too hard to blow through all the content of a game only to whine later when not enough content is implemented because they don't actually appreciate what was already given to them.

Heroics are not as brutal as they once were but again they are no breeze, especially compared to the ease at which WotLK dungeons were even on thier first run through.
    So let me get it straight, you play this game, and are saying some people are "losers" for doing well at the game, while others are "losers" for doing badly. The only person you have any right judging is yourself. Try too hard, man Im a slacker, could have it done already but Im not rushing throught it, trying to pace so I have crap to do until 25 mans start up after the holidays.