Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifsara View Post
    my hunter pulled 18k as bm against the pvp boss, and our survival hunter pulled 21k against the same boss. we are just about equally geared. and i have pulled 23k in 5mans, but i dont go by those fights for numbers, if it lasts less then 4 minutes, i dont use it as a parse.
    thats funny... currently top ranked bm hunter on that fight is doing slightly under 15k

Beast Mastery is a dead raiding spec right now. My guild asked me to spec BM for one fight because they wanted the 3% dmg (even though it cut my dps almost in half) after 1 wipe, I went back to surv and we got it easily. Surv hunters easily pull 18-20k before mechanics, beast mastery does not. These claims are false, try it for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is bad logic to say that Beast Mastery is a dead spec in raids when it brings more utility than any other DPS class in the game via petbuffs and the standard array of Hunter Abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It is bad logic to say that Beast Mastery is a dead spec in raids when it brings more utility than any other DPS class in the game via petbuffs and the standard array of Hunter Abilities.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the only useful pet abilities that a BM hunter can bring that a Survival hunter cannot are Kings & Bloodlust (Shale Spiders and Core Hounds). I'm not aware of any other "utility" that BM brings that Survival does not.

In fact, Survival has TWO reliable CC's (Wyvern Sting and your improved regular trap), which would lead me to believe they bring MORE utility.

OT: I went from playing BM from 80-84 and respec'd to Survival at 84. Tested DPS on target dummy and even when botching the Survival rotation (technically just priority abilities, but w/e) the DPS difference was like night and day.

I'm loving Survival right now. The CC is great, although I wish we had a more reliable way to interrupt. Hitting something with Wyvern or Scatter to interrupt is kinda lame, plus it doesn't work on bosses. :-\

I also wish they would fix Lock and Load. Currently it doesn't always proc LnL when something triggers your frost/freeze trap. I've been trying to trap launch frost trap on adds during some boss fights in hope of forcing a LnL, but it doesn't seem to work the way it should. (I've confirmed that the adds are getting slowed, so the effect is triggering properly on the trap, which SHOULD proc LnL)

-------------------------------------

Before we get any more nonsense in this thread, why don't you awesome BM hunters have links to World of Logs? Or screenshots of damage meters? Hell even an armory link would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Before we get any more nonsense in this thread, why don't you awesome BM hunters have links to World of Logs? Or screenshots of damage meters? Hell even an armory link would be great.
    ^ this. Until a BM hunter can show me numbers where they outdps a surv hunter in a sustained fight (not a heroic boss), BM is not a viable spec.