Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Creationist bullshit propaganda? In MY mmo-champion?

Deleted
    Overlooking that this is prolly old copypasta...
    You thought you disproved more than 300 years of scientific research within a morning?
    seriously?
    lol

Deleted
    I have a question. Let's say god exist. Why do we have to worship it? Is it becouse it's more powerful then us? Then shouldn't we worship the tough guy down the street? Or worship united states? Or whatever else is more powerful then you. If we go to hell and burn for an eternity for not worshipping it, that would be like doing something to not get beaten up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    There are plenty more. One could argue about interpretations, but this is apparently the word of God, either he's heavy into metaphors and loves confusing people with them, or he didn't actually know that the Earth is eliptical (I believe that's the correct shape), or he simply never existed and these words were written by men at the time who didn't know the true shape and nature of our planet, and simply went with what they thought was true at the time.
    poems(like teh bible) are open to interpetation while science is catholic,we shouldn't compare those two in search for the truth
    not wanna degrade art ofc lol

Take your religious mombo jumbo elsewhere t.t

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give this troll a 5/10 because apparently so many people thought you were serious.

Lets move this topic back where it belongs. I want to build a time machine and go back in time to Kill Newton before he invents gravity! Who's with me!? I'm tired of falling down all the time- I'd rather float away like people did before Newton. (seems about as feasible as disproving a law of physics.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when is mmo-champion a Science related forum? Uhm..

Deleted

A quick Reply

I registered just to post this, after reading the science of his post. I ignored the conclusion completely.

F = m . a is a basic version of the complete expression which has an implication that nullifies your point. F is the time derivative of the product of mass and velocity. F = d/dt (mv)

This shows innately that force is only non zero, when velocity is non zero. Since gravity is indistinguishable from acceleration (hence its units and notation) - and is the measure of the acceleration of a body towards another body: REMOVING the other bodies is what causes the issue with your math, and the theory. Why? Because you have gone outside the definition. If there is no motion / acceleration towards another body, then there is no gravity - true. BUT YOU MADE THAT SCENARIO UP. Any object in the universe WILL be attracted to another object at any distance, and thus every object in the universe is accelerating towards SOME other object from an outside reference point.

The reason we need the Earth to measure anything, as you asked, is because we need an outside reference point. Because it is possible to call any two objects travelling with the same velocity Stationary Relative To Each Other. Which is what you have done, which is what nullified v, therefore a, therefore gravity.

There is no division by Zero, and we can be certain that a is always going to be non zero because gravity's effect diminishes with distance, but is limitlessly distant.

You have misunderstood some very fundamental statements, and implications and your writing was therefore basically flawed.

Sum up: Gravity is equivalent to acceleration towards a body. You CAN NOT discuss gravity and remain within the definition if you remove all other bodies. A will always be non zero because mass attraction due to gravity is limitless in distance but diminishing in effect.

Which is exactly what you have done. GG.

Deleted
    Couple reasons why you're probably wrong.

1. You believe in the Bible, a stupid book which relies on lack of logic (in which you have no problem using against us but when it's the other way around you don't care) and blind faith, which questions your integrity.
    2. You are questioning some of the greatest minds we know, and when you feel the need to mention your religion during the post and the general intelligence of people, I doubt you are more intelligent.
    3. You are posting on MMO.champion, full of retarded kids who are likely to believe your algebra.

Nice try, buddy.

- H

Sometimes i just wish i could understand half of that, though i enjoy reading and trolling about physics, this is way to long for me to grasp xD well played sir, keep on proving people wrong (if you did :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Setesh View Post
    Couple reasons why you're probably wrong.

1. You believe in the Bible, a stupid book which relies on lack of logic (in which you have no problem using against us but when it's the other way around you don't care) and blind faith, which questions your integrity.
    FAIL so much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezterion View Post
    I have a question. Let's say god exist. Why do we have to worship it? Is it becouse it's more powerful then us? Then shouldn't we worship the tough guy down the street? Or worship united states? Or whatever else is more powerful then you. If we go to hell and burn for an eternity for not worshipping it, that would be like doing something to not get beaten up.
    Entirely true. Being scared into a religion through threats of eternal burning torture isn't exactly the best of methods. In fact, how he can preach about morality to us while sending the vast majority of humans that ever existed into eternal inescapable suffering mystifies me. Even if he was proven to exist, I would still question his morality. To be honest, from some of the old testament stories he seems to be a real violent asshole sometimes, at least in my opinion.

Deuteronomy C32 V41-42
    If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgement; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
    I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

I'm not really crazy about following a God that comes up with this kind of stuff.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Yeah that's right, don't believe in the bible, it is like believing in twilight, as far as I am concerned at least.
    BIBLE=TWILIGHT=B.S.

Thanks crazy person. I'll enjoy being around family, you enjoy talking to your imaginary jewish zombie sky man.

Fucking psycho.

Deleted
    When this thread was created we decided to leave it be for a while to see what the responses would be. I do enjoy the type of posts that sometimes come along, but unfortunately it cannot stay open here.

Reasons for the lock are the religious debate and the kind of replies. There's too much trolling/flaming without actually discussing the OP's theory.

@OP: If you would like to discuss this, perhaps a scientific forum will get you a better debate

Sigh, 0/0 is an indefinite forum and cannot be used as any sort of "proof". As Magekid said, don't promote religious debate.