Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Was Matt Smith well known in the UK before Doctor Who? I had never heard of him until seeing him on DW.
    the people who play the doctor tend to be relatively unknown, they dont like to get popular people

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Don't know why it's a massive suprise he's leaving, i posted about it 66 pages ago! Well, i do know why, because it wasn't confirmed then, but still :P

But yeah as long as he's a male and fairly young i'm happy. Don't care about race etc, in a way i'd kinda like it as someone i've not seen before.
    it comes as a surprise because like a few weeks ago in an interview he confirmed he was doing series 8
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Was Matt Smith well known in the UK before Doctor Who? I had never heard of him until seeing him on DW.
    Not really, certainly not outside theatre runs.

A few of my sources also hint that the next Doctor has already been cast. Usually I'm like "yeah, whatever" but it's interesting that they all said the same person. Time will tell, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the people who play the doctor tend to be relatively unknown, they dont like to get popular people
    That's actually what I was wondering lol Kind of read my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Not really, certainly not outside theatre runs.

A few of my sources also hint that the next Doctor has already been cast. Usually I'm like "yeah, whatever" but it's interesting that they all said the same person. Time will tell, I suppose.
    and who are they saying O-O and its unlikely anyones been cast yet, they probably have a couple people in mind they would like to play the part and may be in talks but its unlikely anything is definite right now. i mean russle tovey was originally going to be the 11th doctor and came really close before being replaced by matt, apparently it was the ears :P
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair although i dislike matt smith i think a lot of that comes from him having to follow such an amazing and well liked actor. The next doctor doesn't really have to worry about that..well at least from me so i think I'm gonna like him/her/it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    to be fair although i dislike matt smith i think a lot of that comes from him having to follow such an amazing and well liked actor. The next doctor doesn't really have to worry about that..well at least from me so i think I'm gonna like him/her/it.
    no hers, would not accept a woman doctor at all and i expect they wouldnt last long if they did.

no hers, would not accept a woman doctor at all and i expect they wouldnt last long if they did.
    I dunno, Cate Blanchett played the role of Bob Dylan in a movie. It was pretty damn fantastic.

But making the Doctor feminine would be silly, yes. His personality doesn't change THAT much when he regenerates.

10+ Year Old Account
    and who are they saying O-O and its unlikely anyones been cast yet, they probably have a couple people in mind they would like to play the part and may be in talks but its unlikely anything is definite right now. i mean russle tovey was originally going to be the 11th doctor and came really close before being replaced by matt, apparently it was the ears :P
    I still really think Russel Tovey would be a fantastic actor, if we can have Matt Smiths weird burn victim face we can have Russel Tovey's ears no problem . He's got everything you need for DW, he's fairly clean cut, GREAT comic timing but he can still pull off dramatic scenes with ease (I'd say he does Drama a DAMN sight better than Matt Smith).

Either Russel Tovey, Callum Kieth Rennie or Anthony Stewart Head should be the next Doc if you ask me
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    watched way too much being human to associate him with the doctor

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite like Russel Tovey, but I really think the next Doctor needs to go up in age a little to add a bit more gravitas to the (likely) darker story arcs to come. The individual cited to me is, indeed, older than Smith or Tennant so it bodes well if what I hear turns out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I quite like Russel Tovey, but I really think the next Doctor needs to go up in age a little to add a bit more gravitas to the (likely) darker story arcs to come. The individual cited to me is, indeed, older than Smith or Tennant so it bodes well if what I hear turns out to be true.
    well it cant be much older, the bbc has some kind of policy with doctor who which says the actor cant be over 40 or something due to all the running around and action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    To expand on the people who said it's best to start with season 1 of the 2005 series: Don't give up after one episode. Personally I think the first episode, "Rose" is a terrible introduction to the series, but people told me to stick with it through at least the first season and they were right, it gets better.
    Personally I liked "Rose", it was "The End of the World" that almost lost me.

Totally relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    well it cant be much older, the bbc has some kind of policy with doctor who which says the actor cant be over 40 or something due to all the running around and action scenes.
    I'm not talking about someone in their seventies, and some people get about better in their fifties than I do in my thirties.

10+ Year Old Account
    What on earth kind of policy is that? Eccleston was over 40, as were more than half of the Doctors since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    What on earth kind of policy is that? Eccleston was over 40, as were more than half of the Doctors since the start.
    well, could you imagine someone like hartnell running around these days 9 months every year the way they do now?

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 12:33 PM ----------

sure there could be exceptions but whoever it is would have to atleast be pretty fit

10+ Year Old Account
    Those latest odds on who could play the next Doctor Who from Ladbrokes:

3/1 Rory Kinnear

4/1 David Harewood

5/1 Ben Whishaw

6/1 Benedict Cumberbatch

7/1 Harry Lloyd

8/1 Derek Jacobi

9/1 Russell Tovey

10/1 Alex Jennings

14/1 Stephen Mangan

16/1 Tom Hiddleston

20/1 Helen Mirren

20/1 Peter Capaldi

20/1 David Tennant

20/1 David Walliams

25/1 Tim Wright

25/1 Richard Armitage

25/1 Daniel Radcliffe

33/1 Tony Head

33/1 Miranda Hart

33/1 Hugh Laurie

50/1 Bill Bailey

Pretty terrible guesses....why are people betting on someone that's already been in the show? 0o

Oh wow, make Miranda the new Doctor.
    The meltdowns would make it so worth it.

Deleted
    Tom Hiddleston. Imagine the Fan Girls. Just imagine.

i saw a list awhile ago that had tom cruise and billie piper on it.... not even kidding..