Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radnips View Post

Personally I'm hoping the ending is worth the build up and that Amy/Rory both die horribly, as I think Amy is the worst companion since the series relaunch.

Amy's scripts

1) Waaaaaaaaahhhhh I love Rory

or

2) Waaaaaaahhhhh I love The Doctor

Seriously it's getting old fast, please make sure the next companion can actually act and stop hiring actresses based on their looks.

Even though I'm from Karen Gillams hometown, I just can't stand her character.

My money is on River killing Rory as a twist.
    The quality of scripts she is given might suck but as proved in the girl who waited her acting ability is no worse than any other companion ...

Deleted
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, but.. I thought Rory was like a 2000 year old robot by now, or did they drop that odd little storyline completely? Some things just don't make sense when thinking about that. I guess I don't have to go into detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, but.. I thought Rory was like a 2000 year old robot by now, or did they drop that odd little storyline completely? Some things just don't make sense when thinking about that. I guess I don't have to go into detail.
    He got turned back to normal when the Doctor rebooted the Universe at the end of Season 5 I think, anyway, Confidential is being cancelled Shame really, I enjoyed watching that

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm English and have watched since David Tennant.

I LOVE matt smith, as in seriously in love with him. And I think he is fantastic, as is Amy.

But if I'm honest, the writing is not up to the standard it was when Tennant was the doctor. He had longer and more epic storylines. I think they changed writer and the new one kinda sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohhai View Post
    He got turned back to normal when the Doctor rebooted the Universe at the end of Season 5 I think, anyway, Confidential is being cancelled Shame really, I enjoyed watching that
    Yea, the books explain it a little bit better (no clue how many of you read them) but when the Doctor rebooted everything, the qualities Rory obtained went away. Luckily *since then* Rory as a character has become much better so I don't miss his gun fingers that much. He does still remember the time period though.

And yea, I was really bummed out when I read that the BBC is cancelling Confidential!! I guess that with the upcoming years episodes being drawn out, combined with Who being filmed in a new, higher quality studio next year they had to make the cut for all the ridiculous stuff that comes on BBC3 that isn't related to The Doctor.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post

I LOVE matt smith, as in seriously in love with him. And I think he is fantastic, as is Amy.

But if I'm honest, the writing is not up to the standard it was when Tennant was the doctor. He had longer and more epic storylines. I think they changed writer and the new one kinda sucks.
    I would disagree with you on the fact of Russel T. Davies stories being longer and more epic. Many of the better stuff during RTD's time as lead was actually written by Moffet (current lead) including all the episodes with Captain Jack in them. I will say that the two each have very distinct views on what the Doctor is really about. Davies tended for more of a personal Doctor-centric story while Moffat goes for more of a classic Who-Family approach.

To each their own though. When Rory started popping up more in the episodes I was initially put off as I enjoyed the Rose+9/10th Doctor dynamics as well. Over the course of Series 5 I was won over by the 11th's approach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post

I agree tenfold. Would really like to see Smith in a better story to have something to compare to the awesomeness of Tennant's era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radnips View Post
    Was discussing this at work today with a friend who has watched Dr Who for as long as I have (Tom Baker era)

Looking forward to seeing how The Doctor manages to avoid his rapidly approaching death.

Personally I'm hoping the ending is worth the build up and that Amy/Rory both die horribly, as I think Amy is the worst companion since the series relaunch.

Amy's scripts

1) Waaaaaaaaahhhhh I love Rory

or

2) Waaaaaaahhhhh I love The Doctor

Seriously it's getting old fast, please make sure the next companion can actually act and stop hiring actresses based on their looks.

Even though I'm from Karen Gillams hometown, I just can't stand her character.

My money is on River killing Rory as a twist.
    Over the course of series 6 Amy has matured beyond the whole Doctor - Rory - Amy triangle thing. She is easily a better companion than Martha!

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I agree tenfold. Would really like to see Smith in a better story to have something to compare to the awesomeness of Tennant's era.
    The problem is really more that people have an issue adjusting to the Doctors personality changes between the 10th and 11th version. Trust me it is always going to be traumatic as viewers and we are always going to wish Xth Doctor was more like Yth Doctor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Over the course of series 6 Amy has matured beyond the whole Doctor - Rory - Amy triangle thing. She is easily a better companion than Martha!
    But notas good as Rose IMO. Didn't like Catherine Tate's character at all mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I want Matt Smith gone! I can not stand his cave man brow anymore! You can't go from David Tennant to that...I mean seriously. Don't mind Amy or Rory, but plz have him die off and regen already!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    I want Matt Smith gone! I can not stand his cave man brow anymore! You can't go from David Tennant to that...I mean seriously. Don't mind Amy or Rory, but plz have him die off and regen already!
    I am pretty sure he just won an award for being the sexiest dressed man in Europe (or at least GQ magazine voted him it) so I would say that at least a good portion of people disagree with you )

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    But notas good as Rose IMO. Didn't like Catherine Tate's character at all mind you.
    Yea, Yea. I have to agree with you on Rose. But I did love the synergy between David Tennant and Catherine Tate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    the doctors room
    Snip
    Thanks! I hadn't seen those and really enjoyed them!

10+ Year Old Account
    love that show, friend got me into it a few months back...

4 days on Netflix later...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohhai View Post
    Ooooohhh RIGHT! I had completely forgotten about that, thanks a million

Regarding Catherine Tate though, I as well could not stand her character, regardless of how good an actress she might have been. She was just too... loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
    Regarding Catherine Tate though, I as well could not stand her character, regardless of how good an actress she might have been. She was just too... loud!
    I thought she did alright, but after I finished season 4 I went and watched a couple episodes again. There were a couple things she said that made me laugh that I didn't laugh at the first time, for some reason after I finished the season I liked her 'in your face, not gonna take any shit' attitude more.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping on Rory dying, i can't stand the guy. It should just be the Doctor and a companion on their own, no one else! Really can't wait to see how the final plays out, but the trailer looks like alot of other stuff is happening, bet we don't see anything too good until the last scene. Then we have to play the waiting game for a year!

10+ Year Old Account
    the wedding of riversong in a few hours :P

i'm guessing as we still don't know much about the silence and from the scene from last weeks episode with the eyepatch lady using the silence aswell as river using an eyepatch that the eyepatch allows the wearer to see/ remember the silence...eyepatch...

My friend keeps bugging me to watch this show, will have to check it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished was good!

SPOILERS - I so knew the question was doctor who? Well the episode about who killed hitler and it came to the question part i was like i bet it's 'Doctor who' but then i thought nah that's too simple. Guess i was right! Sucky thing about the episode though is that rory didn't die - SPOILERS

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm not a bad episode but not a great one either, felt a little rushed though, should have been a 2 hour special :< Was hoping for a bigger climax.
    Last edited by Ohhai; 2011-10-01 at 07:27 PM.