Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Oh 'snap! That was a great one the face of boesham peninsula! poster boy jack!

I'm a big fan of Dr Who although i didn't like the latest season that much, the 'main story arc' was below par in comparison to previous seasons. Love the companions so far though

Favorites episodes are "Blink" and "Midnight" (both were brilliant).

10+ Year Old Account
    YES GREAT!!

I loved "the parting of ways" and "Doomsday" soooo goood.

also.... do you hear that noise? DO YOU HEAR THE DRUMMING???? LISTEN

It's a great show. I'm finding myself having a hard time waiting for the next season. Curious to see how they're handling the new companion, it will be hard to top Ms. Pond.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged. There was already a topic. Check the Index sticky, I keep it fairly updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm about halfway through season four (new series, 10th Doctor), and I absolutely love the show. Decided it was time I popped in here for a post. I already am starting to miss Captain Jack, but I've heard that he's got a show called Torchwood. Is that worth watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I've heard that he's got a show called Torchwood. Is that worth watching?
    It's not bad, I enjoy it at least. At season 2 it gets better, season 3 gets even better, and then season 4 is...different. I didn't think season 4 was bad, but it's not the Torchwood that you fall in love with and it's pretty Americanized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Does anyone else watch this?
    Yes have ever possible episode on my server. All 11 Doctors, just missing the same episodes that the BBC is missing.

I just started recently.... only in season 4 (of the 2005+ revived series) and it's fucking impressive. It really makes you think and deals with a lot of fun quantum physics scenarios.
    Ohh, you are still so far away from the best stuff.

The story arcs are BRILLIANT, good drama when it's called for, but just enough not to spoil it. very very very very smart show
    Yes it is.

Also.....

Is Jack Harkness the Face of Boe?
    Spoilers...Or did you get there?
    [SIZE=5]Yes!![/SIZE]

Hey, thought I would update with some Season 7 info, this post may contain spoilers:

It is premiering at some film festival on August 25 and will likely be airing the same day. 5 Season 7 episodes will be aired this year.

Episode 1: Asylum of the Daleks
    -Features every different type of Dalek that has appeared on Doctor Who
    -One of the largest sets ever on Doctor Who
    Episode 2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
    -As the name suggests, there is a space ship, with Dinosaurs, go figure.
    -Something about Ancient Egypt is also involved: the Doctor is with Nefertiti
    Episode 3: A Town Called Mercy
    -Wild West themed
    -Includes a new enemy, a terminator-esque android
    Episode 4: Cubed
    -UNIT is back in this one, as well as an Ood
    -Some black cubes are littered all over the Ponds' street, not much is known about them.
    Episode 5: (Unknown)
    -Involves Weeping Angels in New York. Apparently, these angels are different
    -Mid-season finale

Returning enemies include the Daleks (Episode 1) and the Weeping Angels (Episode 5)
    Amy and Rory will be the companions, and we are also introduced to Brian Williams (Rory's father, played by Mark Williams, who played Arthur Weasley in Harry Potter (Ron's Father)) for episode 2 and 4. Riversong is also appearing in the 5th episode.

Amy and Rory will permanently exit the show after Episode 5. No one really knows what happens, but it was said by Steven Moffat that "Not everyone get's out alive this time, I promise!". Matt Smith has said that there is a hint to the Ponds' exit in The Eleventh Hour (Season 5, Episode 1). No one knows for certain what it is, but the best guess is when the Doctor first meets Rory, and the Camera zooms in on his ID card, it says "ISSUED 30/11/1990" (For anyone curious, this happens at 33:08). This was noticed when the episode first aired, and Steven Moffat claims that it was a production oversight, but who knows? There aren't any better guesses.

After the 5th episode, the next episode will be the Christmas special, where we are introduced to the Doctor's new companion, Clara (played by Jenna-Louise Coleman). Not much is known about the episode, but Steven Moffat says “The Doctor is going to meet someone very new in the very last place he could ever have expected…"

The rest of Season 7 will be aired in 2013, the 50th anniversary year. Steven Moffat says that they are planning very special things. IIRCm it was also said that a full season 8 would be aired in 2013. Not much is known about it.

Episode 9 is called "The Crimson Horror". You will see Madame Vastra come back (the Silurian in A Good Man Goes To War (Series 6)).
    Episode 11 is called "Phantoms of the Hex". In this episode, the Doctor seems to have had a costume change. It is unknown whether this is permanent or just for this episode.

Matt Smith has not given any hints to when he would leave the show, so don't expect a regeneration any time soon. It looks like at the very least, he will be the doctor in Season 8, perhaps even Season 9. However, he did say that if there were a Doctor Who movie, he would not likely be in it, as it would take 4-5 years to produce and he doesn't think he will be still playing the part then.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    some nice info there Dragonwing *clicks his imaginary 'Like' button*

I'm gunna be sad to see Rory and Amy go (okay only Amy ) sounds like we have some cool episodes coming up, YAY weeping Angels I'm guessing either Rory or Amy is going to get got by the angels, probably Amy, she has something of a past with them afterall.

yay the Darleks are back... oh... wait... the Darleks are freakin lame :P I've always hated them
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the Weeping Angels that much? Blink was an awesome episode, but as a recurring enemy they're kind of annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    God the wait is killing me, I need more Mat Smith... @ Dragonwing that just makes me want it more, good find.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to sound rude here (although i most likely will, i really don't mean it that way), is it true that Doctor Who is getting 'Americanized' like Torchwood? I love it how it is right now but i've heard rumours (hopefully completely false) that they're trying to apeal to the American audience more and some other crap like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude here (although i most likely will, i really don't mean it that way), is it true that Doctor Who is getting 'Americanized' like Torchwood? I love it how it is right now but i've heard rumours (hopefully completely false) that they're trying to apeal to the American audience more and some other crap like that.
    The BBC has tried for 20+ years to make it so Doctor Who would be popular in the US. the 8th Doctor was going to be filmed entirely in Canada. With the restart of the series they have fallowed an American style of television making as opposed to classic Doctor Who which was done in 3-6 episodes per serial. And usually 5-10 serials per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Well, they are certainly doing more filming in the US.
    Stulti se laudant.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Well, they are certainly doing more filming in the US.
    There are a lot of unique landscapes that you can use for lots of different purposes in the US, from deserts for arid alien worlds to forests with huge 5+ foot diameter trees that would be so expensive and time consuming to build in a sound stage in Cardiff.

Series 7 trailer is about to be released (as in, a few minutes away from my posting this)

EDIT: And here it is
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-08-02 at 05:08 AM.
    Stulti se laudant.

Deleted
    That looked like the fella from Stargate in the western episode

10+ Year Old Account
    oooommmmmgggg that looks awesome so much to say... so little brain power to compute it all....
    First off... God I've missed you Amy, so hot, so very very hot.
    okay now that's out of the way...

The Daleks are back!... yay?.. wow there's alot of them...
    Dinosaurs on a spaceship.... Well that sure beats Snakes on a Plane, Sam Jackson is gunna be pissed.
    Was that.... a weeping Angel..... KID? Seriously, were they not fucking freaky enough as is, you're got to add little cerub version?
    Is that Micky on the frozen planet? Ya know Micky Rose's BF? Looks a bit like an older version of him.
    and just in case you read this before watching the trailer (seriously, why are you reading this when you could be watching the trailer) So... looks like Amy's gunna bite the big one sad, but we knew someone was going to die, and they've killed Rory off like a hojillion times now, it's lost all impact and meaning, so we knew it would be her.. Gotta say though 'Who killed the Darleks?' 'Who do you think?'...... BADASS... all it's missing is him putting on sunglasses, and a soundtrack by The Who

God I can't wait for Dr Who to come back

also, just thought Y'all might like this, if you haven't seen it already, it's the Doctor and River Song's Relationship, but from River Song's "Temporal Perspective"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Thousands of Daleks, dinosaurs on a spaceship, more of the super hot Amy. Ya, can't wait.