Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I also think saying it has happened '15' other times in just this short amount of time was moffat once again ruining something logical and well written with failure to be clever. If it really had happened that many times, it means that trying to maintain peace between these races is futile and they need to be separated. It also means he's delivered 15 different rally speeches which ultimately makes this one worthless.
    I think you're taking this comment way too seriously.
    Oh, hi.

As much as i have really enjoyed having Clara as a companion just i can't stand all this crap like " do as your told doctor " or " speak for me again i will rip something off " and Moffat has flipped flopped her personality/ emotional state like 2,000 times when she was with matt smith no fear what so ever she loved every min of it. the new doctor comes in and BOOM new clara who doesn't want to die says the doctor is her hobby blah blah blah i mean what the hell is going on with Moffat. he can't stick with one thing at all and slowly work up to her being a coward/super shallow and then they introduce Danny and this isn't an insult to the actor but to the writing it's like who decided Danny should be a complete wimp ? i mean really Moff starts out with some great people and just instantly within just an episode they all go down hill it's sad really

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, I feel like not having a family is really killing Clara's tie to Earth. And I agree that we need a non-Earthling companion, we also need a male companion.
    yeah i wish her dad was in more episodes but i did laugh really hard when the maitlands just vanished from clara's life lol there in season 7 and never again mentioned just always found that funny

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I think you're taking this comment way too seriously.
    Sorry, I don't really care what you think. Getting a little tired of dismissive posts like this on these boards. I didn't like it for all the reasons I posted.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I don't really care what you think. Getting a little tired of dismissive posts like this on these boards. I didn't like it for all the reasons I posted.
    How is liking it for what it was (a funny comment that shouldn't be taken seriously) being dismissive?
    Oh, hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The favorite to replace Moffat is Toby Whithouse I think. His specialty is spy thrillers.
    You should really change your glasses, cause I didnt saw any spys in Being Human....

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The whole point was that for his whole life, he regretted his one, singular decision to use The Moment. That was the driving force behind Tennant and Smith's and even to some extent Eccleston's Doctor.

But The Day of the Doctor changed that, when he realized what actually happened was he hid Gallifrey in a pocket universe, so he felt he could be and actually express his peaceable nature and that he does everything he can to prevent killing people, to the point of being utterly alone in the universe. Now he feels like he can actually *be* a pacifist without being a hypocrite.
    He still entered the Time War, as a warrior, fighting for the Time Lords. He went to war. It doesn't really work to see him go pacifist if he couldn't.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    How is liking it for what it was (a funny comment that shouldn't be taken seriously) being dismissive?
    Your comment is tantamount to 'your opinion isn't valid b/c of my opinion'. And with that, I will refrain from going down the path of chasing tails.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cylerco View Post
    i mean really Moff starts out with some great people and just instantly within just an episode they all go down hill it's sad really
    Because someone already has the dick in their relationship?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Because someone already has the dick in their relationship?
    lol indeed i was going to put why does danny have a vagina( never know with infractions)i just hated how it was like oh we work together and went on a like two really shit dates and now we are in love!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    He still entered the Time War, as a warrior, fighting for the Time Lords. He went to war. It doesn't really work to see him go pacifist if he couldn't.
    Yeah, but he killed daleks, and who gives a fuck about them?

His hang up was that he (thought he) killed all the Time Lords.

Finished the episode and the speech was...eh, it wasn't very good but Capaldi is a great actor. Not sure why everyone is raving about it, as it wasn't exactly the best written thing...but yeah, at this point he could pull off arguing to a rabbit what food it should eat and it would be the most compelling thing we've ever seen. I liked the ideas behind each box and thought it was ultimately a cop out that nothing was in them.

I also think saying it has happened '15' other times in just this short amount of time was moffat once again ruining something logical and well written with failure to be clever. If it really had happened that many times, it means that trying to maintain peace between these races is futile and they need to be separated. It also means he's delivered 15 different rally speeches which ultimately makes this one worthless.

Moffat needs to be canned so he can get back to writing Sherlock, the one place where he can vomit all of his clever twists and it actually feels appropriate.

---

Even with that, this season is decidedly more enjoyable for me than last and I love Capaldi as the Doctor. I think if Gaiman would write for 2 seasons with him it would break the universe by being perfect.
    Agree 100% and i cant wait to see clara go.

I personally don't really care what happens in the rest of the season all i really want to see since it does seem a bit obvious clara could be the hybrid ( in some way) and since Missy is the one who put them together and keeps them together i just hope it all joins up with missy doing this so clara dies and the added betrayal of that send him off in to ass kick mode again. that would really get me pumped and i don't know why but missy making a dalek/timelord hybrid would be hilarious. i can see it now

Doctor- you actually made something like that ?

Missy- uhhh. . . BANANAS

also i would love it if Gaiman would take over as well sadly steven has already asked him about that and he said it seemed to be a firm no. sad as that is there have been some great writers on who since the reboot so we do have a good chance sooner or later getting a kick ass writer in.

Deleted
    Some very, very spoilery things about Episodes 9, 10 and the 2-part finale.
    Click at your own risk

Sleep No More, Saturday's episode (ep9)
    The thirty-eighth century: a time of unparalleled prosperity. A golden age of peace, harmony, and industry. But every shift must come to an end. Every working day must stop. Sleep claims us in the end… Until now! “Welcome Morpheus!”

THE DOCTOR: “Sleep is essential to every sentient thing in the universe. But to humans – greedy, filthy, stupid humans – it’s an inconvenience to be bartered away! Now we know the truth. Sleep isn’t just a function; it’s blessed. Every night we dive deep into that inky pool, deep into the arms of Morpheus. Every morning we wake up and wipe the sleep from our eyes. And that keeps us safe from the monsters inside…”

Face the Raven (ep10)
    Clara probably never expected her friend Rigsy to need the emergency TARDIS phone number she gave him after they defeated the Boneless in Bristol. Yet today he’s in big trouble, sentenced to die for a murder he can’t remember committing. The Doctor and Clara’s campaign to exonerate Rigsy leads them to a secret London street where alien refugees hide in plain sight. Once they gain access, they’ll learn the terrible answers to various questions. Such as: what is a chronolock? And what exactly does it mean to face the raven?

“If you see something unusual or notable, dismiss it. Keep walking. But if there’s a bit of London so unremarkable that you don’t even think about it? Stop. You could very well be standing right outside a trap street.”

Rigsy has just 537 minutes to live, with a tattoo on his back counting down, when the countdown hits zero he will face the raven
    The Doctor has to prove Rigsy didn’t commit a murder
    The story came from the concept of a Trap Street (and that was the original episode title). The Doctor, Clara and Rigsy are searching for it
    The trap street here is an alien refugee camp
    Alongside the return of Ashildr (Maisie Williams), the Judoon will also reappear
    There is a “huge shock, something absolutely massive” and something you don’t want ruined

Heaven Sent / Hell Bent (ep 11/12 aka Series finale)
    Long before the Time War, the Time Lords knew it was coming. Like a storm on the wind. There were many prophecies and stories. Legends before the fact. One of them was about a creature called the Hybrid: half Dalek, half Time Lord. The ultimate warrior. But whose side would it be on? Would it bring peace, or destruction? Was it real, or a fantasy?

“I confess: I know the Hybrid is real,” the Doctor proclaims. “I know where it is, and what it is. I confess: I am afraid.”

CLARA: “Is it a sad song?”
    THE DOCTOR: “Nothing’s sad till it’s over. Then everything is.”
    CLARA: “What’s it called?”
    THE DOCTOR: “I think it’s called Clara.”

The two episodes are very different. Episode 11 is essentially one 45-minute monologue with the Doctor
    Moffat wondered “How do you break the Doctor” Would he still be a hero without witness and reward? “It’s putting the Doctor alone in hell”
    There’s a scene where the Doctor imagines a TARDIS in his head and tries to explain what’s really going on
    11 was meant to be a money saving episode but it didn’t quite work that way. It takes place in a “rotating mechanical castle full of visual effects”
    Capaldi says there’s a “sadness, a romance, and tragedy” to episode 12
    Episode 12 begins “very much like a Western”
    Ohila and the Sisterhood of Karn are back, Moffat sees Ohila as the Doctor’s mother figure
    Director Rachel Talalay says Moffat has layered in a lot of things throughout the series which you never thought were important – “You have no clue what the series arc is, or how Clara leaves”
    The finale is the fallout of Clara sort of becoming the Doctor.
    Moffat thinks if the Doctor found Gallifrey he’d run away again. He thinks Clara is the same with Earth now. She has lost her “sense of home”
    DWM hints that Moffat may have changed something in the mythology, something Moffat was quite nervous about doing
    Episode 11 pushes the Doctor to the brink of madness, Ep 12 is what happens next “if the Doctor has lost his moral compass, if you got him really angry and gave him nothing to fight for – an angry, off the rails Doctor”

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/huge-sh...odes-77904.htm

well now time to leave mmo alone for a while. I must not . . . read any spoilers! i want to be shocked ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit Fean will you cut it out... You KNOW I have no self control...

I must not read...

I MUST NOT...

*runs away*
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Damnit Fean will you cut it out... You KNOW I have no self control...

I must not read...

I MUST NOT...

*runs away*
    Mwahahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what to make out of that. Not a fan of that episode 4/10, felt like a filler content without any proper plot or follow up.
    -K

feel like i wasted 45 minutes of my life

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW that was a bland episode... I mean seriously Gatiss, the stuff in the corner of your eyes comes to life and starts killing people? WTF are you smoking...

At least next week looks a little better.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Did I just dream that? Nah, my dreams generally have better constructed plots.