Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I watched it and it was good. I am enjoying Clara, shes a bit more foxy then amy but eh idk not that much different overall. I think now would be a great time for a true male companion. I want change.
    id rather they just bring jack on for a few episodes. i want jack to become the new who version of the brigadier
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also heard something about clara arguing whether chapter 10 or 11 is best. love when the bbc pokes fun at the fandom
    Yeah loved that tidbit too.

Also Chapter 11 is also an important/amazing chapter in the other book Amy wrote. Melody Malone: Private Detective in Old New York Town. Chapter 11 is "Death at Winter Quay"
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Any ideas/theories on what was up with the bit at the end with clara's book? It was very clearly a leaf. Yet she said it wasn't.
    I wasn't sure if that was significant or not. I thought maybe she just means that was a souvenir from one of her childhood adventures (she has had that journal her whole life). I can't see how it has any relevance right now, but perhaps in the future it will mean something (or not). So far I like the theory that Clara is somehow a life force created by the Tardis. Being the Doctor's daughter is a less-liked option.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I wasn't sure if that was significant or not. I thought maybe she just means that was a souvenir from one of her childhood adventures (she has had that journal her whole life). I can't see how it has any relevance right now, but perhaps in the future it will mean something (or not). So far I like the theory that Clara is somehow a life force created by the Tardis. Being the Doctor's daughter is a less-liked option.
    im pretty sure all of the doctors family is dead (except maybe his granddaughter) unless you mean jenny.

however if she was some psuedo timelord id be okay with it on one condition: it means the master comes back, because lets be honest, we need some more master
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    /crazy thought
    How about she is somehow the daughter of rose/paradox doctor and somehow bleeding through both universes.
    /crazy thought ended
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Clara is an enigma, wrapped in a question, covered in mystery, locked in a box made of riddles. So lets go over what we know. Spoiler tags on anything from the most recent episode.

Her name in the first meeting was just Oswin Oswald.
    Her name in the second meeting was Clara Oswin Oswald.
    Her current name is Clara Oswald, she denies that Oswin is her middle name, More on this later.

In the first meeting she was very clever, and very very good with computers.
    In the second meeting, she was just very very clever, able to keep up with the Doctor's plans
    In the current meeting she is very cleverbut not very computer savy at first. More later.

In today's episode Clara was Uploaded, and had a computer skill set spliced into her, giver her very very advanced computer skills, enough to surpass the Doctor. During the episode having to hack into the Company, she needed to create a name, so she said to herself "Clara Oswald for the win. Oswin!"
    So then, what we know so far about her different appearances is laid out. Now it's theory time! This assumes that Time Lords can have children with other types of species. Clara is a child of a time lord, but not a full time lord unto herself. Not knowing what a half-Time Lord's regenerative capabilities would be, when she dies, she does reincarnate, but as the same person in a different time, her earliest incarnation that we would know about would be the current one, as we see her as a child in the short prequel shown earlier in the thread, making her dalek the 2nd and the victorian the 3rd. But this also assumes that her memories do not fully carry over, there is another possibility that who we see as the dalek is the same as the current one, just left in time by the Doctor for one reason or another, but the nanobots on the planet erased her memories, and the Victorian is the 2nd incarnation. Just judging based on their reactions to the Doctor. As the Victorian Clara seemed to be too quick to be used to the doctor than most other companions.

Or i could just be a giant nutbag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pointing 2 things out, she put 124 instead of 123 messing up the password and the doctor gave away his hat for those who hated it>.>

I also maybe think she will die again and the doctor will have to find her again before she gets to meet him the next day.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-03-31 at 06:37 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

/crazy thought
    How about she is somehow the daughter of rose/paradox doctor and somehow bleeding through both universes.
    /crazy thought ended
    yeah but 10.5 and rose have their own tardis wouldnt clara be more like riversong if she was their child?

Really don't like that all the new female companions are flirty bimbos.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah but 10.5 and rose have their own tardis wouldnt clara be more like riversong if she was their child?
    Maybe it deals with the the wierd dna of the doctor, which is why the old doctor and rose are reappearing, like I said it was a crazy thought, but you gotta be crazy to try to write/follow doctor who so who knows?

Also the doctor said he was 1000 years old, which is less then he said previously as 1200, though he could have just been estimating/rounding down.

Also the doctor said he was 1000 years old, which is less then he said previously as 1200, though he could have just been estimating/rounding down.
    Well, when you are that old I would think saying "i'm a thousand years old" would be akin to saying "i'm in my thirties".

Maybe it deals with the the wierd dna of the doctor, which is why the old doctor and rose are reappearing, like I said it was a crazy thought, but you gotta be crazy to try to write/follow doctor who so who knows?

id rather clara not be connected to rose in anyway. rose has been used way to much in new who.

id rather clara not be connected to rose in anyway. rose has been used way to much in new who.
    Yeah but they really need to elaborate on that whole "BAD WOLF" entity eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Yeah but they really need to elaborate on that whole "BAD WOLF" entity eventually.
    it was the tardis energy combined with rose leaving warnings throughout time to warn the doctor

10+ Year Old Account
    Rose is the Cloud Strife of Dr Who

LOVED this episode, I really hope that Amy's book ISN'T just a knod to the fans... More important question... Who was the girl in the shop that gave Clara the Tardis' number?
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2013-04-01 at 12:01 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    clara is really rose, in the 50th anniversary she kills the 11th doctor and her and david tennant steal the tardis and they continue to have wonderful adventures <3

what? I can hope can't i -.-

tbh...it's going to be very strange to see them again..steven moffat sealed everything prior to matt smith off and placed a do not touch label on it...i wonder how rose reacts to seeing the 11th doctor, if she is curious how he died, if hes ok etc
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-03-31 at 04:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    clara is really rose, in the 50th anniversary she kills the 11th doctor and her and david tennant steal the tardis and they continue to have wonderful adventures <3

what? I can hope can't i -.-

tbh...it's going to be very strange to see them again..steven moffat sealed everything prior to matt smith off and placed a do not touch label on it...i wonder how rose reacts to seeing the 11th doctor, if she is curious how he died, if hes ok etc
    Never put " do not touch" labels on stuff, it just makes me want to touch it:].

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    it depends on where they come from really. if its 10.5, i expect it to be pretty awkward, maybe even a weird conversation like 10.5: "we got married can you believe that? me married bet you never expected that" 11: "you'd be surprised"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    glad they have a forum about the coolest show on TV. I enjoy the reboot (9th dr+) and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will end. I wont give away any spoilers but The Trial of a Time Lord (6th doctor) kinda gives away the ending. There were eps that showed the doctor dying only to be saved by River or Donna. There are many question I have and wish they went back and explored the Time War. I have my suspicions (Amy's Choice/The Trial of a Time Lord) on who was involved and how a race that can control time could fall.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    glad they have a forum about the coolest show on TV. I enjoy the reboot (9th dr+) and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will end. I wont give away any spoilers but The Trial of a Time Lord (6th doctor) kinda gives away the ending. There were eps that showed the doctor dying only to be saved by River or Donna. There are many question I have and wish they went back and explored the Time War. I have my suspicions (Amy's Choice/The Trial of a Time Lord) on who was involved and how a race that can control time could fall.
    doctor who will never end, it might take a hiatus at some point but its to big of a cultural icon to ever truly end, and whenever the doctor gets to his 13th regeneration moffat has already said he or whoever is in charge will just make something up to give him more, afterall the masters already gotten a new set of regenerations.

although i do hope they incorporate the valeyard in someway