Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Nitro Boosts killed me, again

So, since Cata the Nitro Boosts have been failing absurdly much. Getting shot up in the air. This I don't mind so much. Yes it has killed me a few times, but it also made for an interesting kill in Throne of Tides HC where everyone was dead except me, but my Nitro Boosts exploding giving us enough time to let the DOTs kill the boss. So I can live with that. But today, in a BG, for the second time after using them, they failed. They didn't launch me in the air, but gave me a debuff which hits for like 20k a sec, killing me. I can't recall the name exactly, something about leaking rocket fuel.

What is up with this? So not only do we have a 3 minute cooldown on it, and its not even sure if you get the perks of it or just launch in the air wasting your time, but now it can also kill us? I really can't see what the perks of engineering are if I have to be afraid to use my boosts. Anyone else had this debuff after trying to use their Nitro Boosts? Seriously Blizz, I understand that there are risks for using Engineering perks (the failing and launching in the air, cool, np), but this debuff is just stupid.

Edit:

Since people seem to not be able to read, THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE EXPLODING IN THE AIR FAIL. Read. It is about a debuff called "Rocket Fuel Leak" which seems to happen mostly in BG's (but can happen anywhere) when you try to use them, and it deals 15% of your maximum health in Fire damage every second for 8 seconds.

This is the debuff btw:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=94794
    Last edited by XenuMC; 2010-12-25 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    them failing is awesome! Gotta love engineering flaws!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Put the parachute on your cape and when you go up just use the chute and you'll be fine.

Deleted
    Goblin engineering ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Put the parachute on your cape and when you go up just use the chute and you'll be fine.
    Yeah how about you actually read it this time? He said that the shooting up in the air WASN'T the problem, the debuff was. And why would he need to use another enchant to make sure the fail on the first one isn't too bad? Seems a bit useless to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Yeah, very fun if you're trying to down a progression boss, they fail leaving you a debuff which will kill you. I loved how they were with just the exploding in the air bit, that's fun. This debuff is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Pretty much this, engineering in wrath was a disgrace to anyone who was an engineer previously and them bringing the failure back to it just made it amazing again. I think my rocket boots failed only like 5 time in all of wrath, I liked being able to use them in raids worry free, but it was pretty boring and bland to be able to rely on it.

Deleted
    I feel Blizzard overdid it as well with the failure rate.

Having a 10-20% chance of failure seems ok, but anything above that is just stupid.

However, I think they don't fail in PvE raids at all, but I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Did you even read the OP? Seriously, I don't care about the air bit. I do care about it leaving a debuff that will kill you.

Deleted
    Use your cape? Stop crying over an RNG related happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the debuff is called "Rocket Fuel Leak" and this is what it does:
    Deals 15% of your maximum health in Fire damage every sec. Duration 8 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grotnac View Post
    Use your cape? Stop crying over an RNG related happening.
    eff em ell, its not that problem. Its the DEBUFF.

However, I think they don't fail in PvE raids at all, but I'm not sure.
    They can fail in raids now.

well that sucks, I have not had that happen to me yet, just the shooting the air, That debuff sounds like the old transporter failure where you would catch on fire and die, I can't count the amount of times that happened to me in Vanilla.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

ITT: Nobody people prove how nobody reads the OP.

OT: Yeah, I think the instant death debuff is pretty stupid. I can live with being shot up in the air or them just malfunctioning, but to unavoidably kill you?

No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    well that sucks, I have not had that happen to me yet, just the shooting the air, That debuff sounds like the old transporter failure where you would catch on fire and die, I can't count the amount of times that happened to me in Vanilla.
    It seems to happen mostly in Battlegrounds. Thats where it happened to me too, never outside it. But I'm not sure.

4 out of the 6 ppl who red this thread have not red this thread!

are you sure the damage canno be mitigated through something else? i was never an enginner with my main but i have fun with my alt and all the failing gizmo ^^ the chance to fail declares you are a true engineer.

what kind of damage is it? if you go on, lets say recount, what does it say?

I have a goblin with gnomish engineering, and it doesn't happen to me.
    ''See me rise, the mighty Surt Destroyer of the universe. Bringer of flames and endless hurt. Scorcher of men and earth!''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstrike View Post
    4 out of the 6 ppl who red this thread have not red this thread!

are you sure the damage canno be mitigated through something else? i was never an enginner with my main but i have fun with my alt and all the failing gizmo ^^ the chance to fail declares you are a true engineer.

what kind of damage is it? if you go on, lets say recount, what does it say?
    Its fire damage. Undispellable, and I'm not sure how much of it can be mitigated. For bit more info check here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=94794

According to comments there it can also happen outside, and in raids. But is is reduced by resilience.

I love the crazy things that happen with engineering, but the rocket boots have been failing way to much to be fun in cata. I dont even use them anymore, same with many other engi gadets. Makes me wonder why I even bothered taking engi.

The horrendous reign of engineers comes to an end!

Seriously though, for all of wrath you had good pure damage buff stuff AND all the awesome tinkers. Engi was practically necessary to perform at highest level. Now you are back in line with just having a damage buff, like all others.