Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Best
    The Jerk
    Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
    Spaceballs

Worst

Any movie that went under the banner "National Lampoon" after it was purchased by J2 Communications in 91.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Airplane (anything with Leslie Nielsen in it, RIP)
    Any Adam Sandler flick
    Most anything with Jim Carrey in it, most notable Dumb and Dumber
    Don't be a menace to South Central while drinking your juice in the hood
    The Hangover
    Pineapple Express
    Zombieland

Probably others but thats all I can think of right off the top of my head.

the hangover
    kung pow
    you dont mess with the zohan

10+ Year Old Account
    Classics:
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Spaceballs
    Revenge of the Nerds

Recent:
    Grandma's Boy
    40 Year Old Virgin
    The Hangover

10+ Year Old Account
    Muppet Treasure Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

RIP Leslie Nielsen. I shall always laugh at your movies, which imo, are the best

Deleted
    In recent time I haven't seen a film to make me really laugh..say in the last 10 years..they have been humorous films like some stated above

But the ones that did get a good lught out of me ..in some scenes..

Team America, I was pissing myself in the Cinema through most of it, very funny..
    Kiss, kiss, bang bang, some very funny parts...
    In bruges, some funny scenes...

But if you wanna really hurt, like you going to be sick from laughing, watch Lee macks new and last few comedy DVD's jeez I thought I was having a heart Attack at one point

the other guys, tropic thunder, space balls, monty python and the holy grail, the life of brian, step brothers, even semi-pro are just hilarious.

the only Adam Sandler movie to get a chuckle out of me was don't mess with the zohan.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollygrove View Post
    The Big Lebowski

/thread
    this cannot be stated enough, The Big Lebowski is close to the perfect movie.
    all hail The Dude!

but the funniest film I've seen in a LONG time has to be In Bruges, not only is it a much much much underrated english CLASSIC (<3 Film Four, they make some of the best movies) but has fantastic performances from Colin Farrell (who I usually fuckin hate) Brendon Gleeson and the always brilliant Ralph Fiennes, and features some of the funniest lines commited to Celluloid.

Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.
    Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.

Eirik: I was trying to rob him. And he took my gun from me. And the gun was full of blanks. And he shot a blank into my eye. And now I cannot see from this eye ever again, the doctors say.
    Harry: Well to be honest it sounds like it's all your fault.
    Eirik: What?
    Harry: I mean basically if you're robbing a man and you're only carrying blanks and you allow your gun to be taken off you and you allow yourself to be shot in the eye with a blank which I assume that the person has to get quite close to you then, yeah really it's all your fault for being such a poof, so why don't you stop wingeing and cheer the fuck up.
    Yuri: Eirek - I really wouldn't respond.
    Eirik: I thought you wanted the guy dead?
    Harry: I do want the guy dead, I want him fucking crucified but it don't change the fact that he stitched you up like a blind little gay boy, does it?

I defy anyone to watch this movie and not laugh at least once
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2010-12-29 at 02:40 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

does the losers count as a comedy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll always have a special place in my heart for Anchorman.

10+ Year Old Account
    40 Year Old Virgin was great, Pineapple Express, Shaun of the Dead, Super Troopers (can I get a liter of Cola?), Step Brothers, Hitch, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The Hangover was funny, but not nearly as funny as people make it out to be. If I have to hear someone yell "paging doctor fa**ot again Ima shoot myself).

While Fight Club and Goodfellas were amazing Drama movies, they had some pretty funny parts in them, same with Boondock Saints and Departed.

Worst? Anything with Dane Cook. Also, that cop movie with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg looked pretty lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jay and silent bob has always been funny, fat albert was funny.But what has made me laughed the most, which is not really a movie is the RvB series, not one episode I have not laughed.

It is kinda hard to have a bad comedy for me because even if the jokes are so horrible it makes me think how fail the people that made it which in turn makes me laugh....which is the main objective anyways:O
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    im not to keen on comedy movies as they are often quite similar , but saying that, "you dont mess with the zohan" was really good, i couldnt stop laughing, adam sandler was amazing in that, and zoolander is a classic aswel

ricky gervais live standup - pretty much anything with ricky gervais name on it is amazing, the podcasts, the shows (the office) , the live stand up - probably the funniest man on earth

Deleted
    havnt seen the hangover yet..

had it on dvd for long time now.. ;<

so far the best comedy i've seen is dumb and dumber. its so far the only comedy (that ive seen) which contains fun scenes from start to end.
    most other comedys tries to go all serious somewhere from the middle to 80% through, and till the end. which ruins the fun part.
    (Click is a good example)

worst ive seen is all those silly spoof movies like scary movie 4 ect ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    havnt seen the hangover yet..

worst ive seen is all those silly spoof movies like scary movie 4 ect ect
    Ah, just reminded me. Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Epic Movie and all of those movies were beyond unwatchable. As lame as I think Twilight is, I would rather watch it than have to sit through "Vampires Suck"

spot the age gap tbh
    funniest movie ever stir crazy
    life of brian
    the jerk.

Deleted
    I don't get why so many people seem to like Adam Sandler or Will Ferrel. Their movies and their humor is pretty dumb and far from witty, 90% of the time.

I much prefer feisty humor that at least pretends it comes from intelligent people.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
    Shrek 1
    Black Adder
    Life of Brian

To be honest, I find most animated films to be funnier nowadays than most "comedies".

Jim Carrey
    His movies used to make me roll on the floor.
    He always brings me to tears xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll post my lists:

Best:
    Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
    Grandma's Boy
    I could add about 20 more to this list, but those are three of my favorites.

Worst:
    Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
    Freddy Got Fingered
    Bio-Dome
    You shouldn't need to ask why those are three of the worst comedies...