Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix599 View Post

Second, both mice I've had don't want to be recognized at boot up. I have to unplug and then replug them in the USB port to get them to be recognized. My guess is that this has something to do with the gold plating on the Cataclysm mouse's USB connector. The first mouse is a paperweight now due to the static discharge issue, and I'm still fiddling with the second one regarding the USB recognition issue.
    It sounds like the static shock to your mouse may have damaged your motherboard. This is actually more common than you'd think. Especially with mice with metal buttons. The charge goes down the USB cord to the back of the mobo and damages it. You may need to to replace the mobo and get an anti static mouse pad.
    Last edited by Loki Corvinus; 2011-02-11 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki Corvinus View Post
    It sounds like the static shock to your mouse may have damaged your motherboard. This is actually more common than you'd think. Especially with mice with metal buttons. The charge goes down the USB cord to the back of the mobo and damages it. You may need to to replace the mobo and get an anti static mouse pad.
    Go here and install the drivers updates. www,steelseries,com/support/downloads ** You will need to replace the commas with dots... something about I have not posted enough lmao..personally, I think it is because the mod is to lazy to manually approve the posts. ;o) lol ** I had the 'character not recognized' issue. Also, although the mouse was working, WoW wouldn't recognize that it was connected. It's working now.

Just wondering if someone can help me...

I'm using the "enable in game mode" but by using the mouse this way i find that i now have issues with having a profile for each character; meaning i can only program the mouse 1 way, when i go to another character and i want a totally differnt layout for the mouse, it keeps the settings i had from my orginal character.

Do i have to have the "in game mode" dissabled so all the different profiles will work?

If so that's a bummer because in the wow game there are more options for keybindings than the mouse software, like all the extra action bars...

...perhaps there will be an update to the software with all the same options as in the game...

Closing this for necromancy.

Marspad, you're welcome to create your own thread. :]