Thread: Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbJszK2Zhs0

Interesting setting. Looks like you won't play as Shepard this time around, and it looks like it'll be focused solely on Earth instead of multiple galaxies. I foresee this game being more of a bridge to introduce a new important character while giving a hands-on experience of their background for future releases.

Not sure about that. It's some random soldier/sniper saying Sherperd better get there and help. And then show Sheperd watching from space =/

I sincerely doubt there gonna have us play the character that was talking... cause he was given a gender and a face I mean a GOOD face.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2010-12-26 at 07:07 PM.

You play as shepard, thats why you can't carry over your save game if your shepard died in ME2.

There was already discussion about how Shepard might not be played anymore since ME2. The possibility of his death at the end of the game sparked a lot of questions and I -believe- it was hinted that there was intent he might not be the protagonist of the next game.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonk View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbJszK2Zhs0

Interesting setting. Looks like you won't play as Shepard this time around, and it looks like it'll be focused solely on Earth instead of multiple galaxies. I foresee this game being more of a bridge to introduce a new important character while giving a hands-on experience of their background for future releases.
    You'll play as Shepard. No idea how will it work for the ones who died.

BioWare had that idea, but they ended up scrapping it, and now it's just that you can't use your save if Shepard died.

I'm super excited for it, the ME games are my favorite series by far.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Not sure about that. It's some random soldier/sniper saying Sherperd better get there and help. And then show Sheperd watching from space =/

I sincerely doubt there gonna have us play the character that was talking... cause he was given a gender and a face I mean a GOOD face.
    Shepard has a face and a gender too. You can just...change it if you want.

However, I'm pretty sure they'll still go with Shepard as the protagonist. Mass Effect, as a series, would not have the same effect (har har) otherwise, because the first two games were built around this one character's charisma and will to persevere.

This is different in regards to Dragon Age, where DA:O had no "set" main character, and was completely constructed by the player. This allowed them to scrap that and implement Hawke as the main character of DA2 (much in the spirit of Mass Effect, I'd say, as they will let you alter the character's features/gender/etc.). However, I think this will not be as effective because Dragon Age is going to lack the consistency that Mass Effect has.

I still believe another strong character (not exactly equal to Shepard) would do the storyline well. It was stated even in-game he wouldn't be able to stop a battalion of reapers without help, and it really would be a turnoff if he did. Not to say I don't like Shepard as a character, but it really diminishes the whole "universe-in-peril" theme if one person was the solution to such a huge problem. One of the key factors why this game is so good to me is that it's realistic in a sense that you aren't a super hero. It's believable, is a good term I suppose.

That Sniper will most likely be a major companion like Miranda was in ME2. I'm still convinced that dude looks and sounds like Jason Statham lol. It has already been confirmed that you play as Shepard is Mass Effect 3 since the beginning of Mass Effect 2.

Time to kill us some reapers

Can't wait. 2011 is going to be an epic gaming year, the end especially. This, Uncharted 3, Batman Arkham City and Skyrim, can't wait.

I can't wait to play it!