Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just about shrinking loot tables. They want rogues to use fast dagger off hand in all specs. With the change to Main Gauche they are cementing this in as the rest of combat is built around the fast off hand.

Makes it easier on you in the long run as some fights benefit from being combat (when it's not broken) and some from being assassin and you can use the same off hand. Less waiting on loot to drop.

An...eeerrr...one less bag slot used lol.

But yeah doesn't look as badass as two big swords. Guess you got to roll warrior now for that

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    No. Are you really not capable of finding another solution? For one, who cares if there is 1 new weapon on the pvp and jp vendors? Doesn't clutter loot. They could have simply redone the coefficient for normalization on MG to a constant number regardless of weapon.
    If they redid "normalization" on MG to a constant number regardless of weapon, it wouldn't be normalization. Perhaps that's something you should suggest, but realistically you wont notice much of a difference. maybe about 500dmg on MG proc (as it is currently) which MG is about 5% of our dps.
    And you say it doesn't clutter up loot tables, but besides combat rogues, who would use a fast offhand agi sword / fist / mace? And would you plan on sticking with just the beginning t11 raiding ilvl from JP or would you want a new fast offhand agi sword / fist / mace every tier of raiding... that would clutter it up.

Quote Originally Posted by A J Rimmer View Post
    I think it's just about shrinking loot tables. They want rogues to use fast dagger off hand in all specs. With the change to Main Gauche they are cementing this in as the rest of combat is built around the fast off hand.
    Exactly

Same reason why most main hand choices for combat are axes. The other classes dont really use agility swords, so they put them away from the loot tables.

Its also good that we wont need to wait for 2 different offhand drops for our two specs. Easier to pimp our gear, and yeah... one less bag slot. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    fast oh for pve, slow oh for pvp. combat gains damage from slow oh. more damage when mastery procc oh attack, more damage from killing spree, but now with the incoming changes to combat mastery there is even less reason to use fast oh for pvp. since mh proccs 75% mh attack which proccs combat potencey, you have little need for that fast oh pvp wise.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
    Turning all Agility OH weapons into fast ones conflicts with Enhancers. AFAIK, they want slow OH weapons.
    And this is why i suggested making SLOW off-hand agility weapons the norm.

Enhancement and Combat are the only specs utilizing slow/fast off-hand non-dagger weapons. So why not bridge the gap?

IMO just make Combat use two slow-agility weapons. So then we can streamline gearing a bit. Because currently slow-agility weapons only serve one purpose. Enhancement. And fast agility (non-dagger) also serve only 2 specs, Combat and Subtlety.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Not only is that not live, that change was not even announced till weeks after the discussion in the thread started.
    You didn't answer my question.