Thread: GG to ninjas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bachok View Post
    Just go over all items in the database and mark them for corresponding specs.
    you realize how many items that is right?

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Problem is it isn't clear. For example I was chatting with a guildy saying I wanted the sword from HoO. I am a tank, and the sword has hit/mastery. He kept telling me it was a DPS weapon and I needed the mace from GB which is hit/dodge. Dodge is a tanking stat he says.

When you compare the 2 it the only difference is master instead of dodge. For a prot warrior master>dodge. So in my eyes the sword is a tanking sword, and in his eyes it is a DPS sword. So now what?
    Yeah, I understand your point. Its things like that that make it even harder to sort this prob, cos it really is a prob. Especially with hcs taking so much more time frustration keeps rising. Easy to say that time might sort it and youll get the piece that got ninjaed sooner or later but it really doesnt make it easier that either.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by chad3d
    PuG's are pugs. My warrior is main spec arms, but I tank so I don't have to wait 45-50 minutes to get into a dungeon. Should I not be allowed to roll need on DPS gear?

I understand your frustration, but an upgrade is an upgrade no matter the spec. Guildies will help each other out, that's the point of guilds. PuG's are basically a band of mercenaries looking after their own. Look at groups for what they are rather than what you wish they would be. Aim your expectations lower when it comes to PuG's
    Quote Originally Posted by chad3d
    PuG's are basically a band of mercenaries looking after their own.
    you have given me a sig. This is brilliant.

And to stay on topic, I need only for my current spec, and if others greed I usually ask them if it's okay for me to take the item for my offspec. Often they say it's fine.
    Last edited by FruityWoor; 2010-12-28 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo damn you!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    no you shouldn't, if you want to DPS then DPS!
    gotta agree with Voo on this...

I think that blizz needs to make a new loot style... one that they actually classify gear as dps, heals, or tank and only allow the person that queued up as that spec to 'Need' on the item. But with that they would have to have an extra button that is 'upgrade but not main spec' so that people would still be able to get the item for an offspec before someone who isn't able to use it gets it for vendor trash or for disenchanting purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen View Post
    I wish these threads would go away already. They contribute to nothing and are a complete waste of forum space. The official policy on loot rolls is, that if you are able to roll Need, it's perfectly within your rights to do so. Yes, it sucks when people grab items that are not for their specs, but haven't we all heard enough of these stories?
    I wish these posts would go away already. They contribute to nothing and are a complete waste of forum space.

There are all sorts of "official" policies, but there is also a human element on what is decent. See the game is a social game and the boards are a social environment, so people actually communicate what they think.

News flash: this isn't a "ninja." It's someone building an offspec so they can offset the 40-60 minute dungeon queues. You should be thankful he took the bracers.

Deleted
    I wish these posts would go away already. They contribute to nothing and are a complete waste of forum space.

There are all sorts of "official" policies, but there is also a human element on what is decent. See the game is a social game and the boards are a social environment, so people actually communicate what they think.
    I am in awe of your skills in the art of copy and paste. It's not an "official" policy, it's the official policy. So, "ninjalooters" are perfectly allowed to need on the items. No one has to like it but that's how it is. Have we not "communicated" on this issue for enough years now?

I am in awe of your skills in the art of copy and paste. It's not an "official" policy, it's the official policy. So, "ninjalooters" are perfectly allowed to need on the items. No one has to like it but that's how it is. Have we not "communicated" on this issue for enough years now?
    If you hate these threads, you have an ability to actually not hit the Post Quick reply button. And no it hasn't been years. Pre RDF you got a rep on your server for being a ninja and people didn't run with you. This is actually a new phenomenon with the wrath players and the RDF

Had a pair of corefire legplates drop in grim batol and I should have been the only eligble class to roll on them but low and behold the mage in the group rolled need on them.

I was livid about it, since they are plate legs and it was set on need before greed and I couldn't roll need on the green gloves that dropped before. The gm was not helpful at all telling me it was my fault that the dungeon guide changed the group loot rules...the guide being my guildy who I know didn't touch it. They're on sale in the auction house on his server right now =/

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate getting ninjaed, i REALLY REALLY do, and tanking as a dk means any plate dps can take the weapons i need, but, the thing is, thats a pug for you, your in it with random strangers and some will do the wrong thing, also, next time you go looking for sympathy, try not to spew half a line of curses. it doesn't help.

Deleted
    I've leveled a char through questing, another through gathering. My 3rd 85 I'm going to level through instances and LFD, a warrior tank. Atm I can only queue for BRC and ToT since I've a low ilvl. To get more instances available I need upgrades.

I'm in a pug, we finish BRC. Boss drops tanking neck. I need on it, so does a dps DK. He wins it. A ilvl 308 tanking item he won't use ever since he'll be dpsing instances and questing. Up to that moment I had been 'fair' to pugs and greeded on OS gear, but from this point on I say f-u all I'm setting my loot addon to need everything and anything.

Deleted
    If you hate these threads, you have an ability to actually not hit the Post Quick reply button. And no it hasn't been years. Pre RDF you got a rep on your server for being a ninja and people didn't run with you. This is actually a new phenomenon with the wrath players and the RDF
    The possibility of getting flamed on /2 didn't prevent the people from "ninjalooting" if they so wished. They had just as much of a right to the items then than they do now. The only real difference now is that people QQ on the forums more and less on trade

Problem is it isn't clear. For example I was chatting with a guildy saying I wanted the sword from HoO. I am a tank, and the sword has hit/mastery. He kept telling me it was a DPS weapon and I needed the mace from GB which is hit/dodge. Dodge is a tanking stat he says.

When you compare the 2 it the only difference is master instead of dodge. For a prot warrior master>dodge. So in my eyes the sword is a tanking sword, and in his eyes it is a DPS sword. So now what?
    You nicely explain to him that MAstery is more beneficial than dodge to a prot warrior and then when he proceeds to argue about it give him the link to the article on EJ that proves it.

Truth of the matter is blizzard is tired of making different gear for everybody so now just about everyone benefits from every stat, the sooner your guildy realizes this the better off he will be

The possibility of getting flamed on /2 didn't prevent the people from "ninjalooting" if they so wished. They had just as much of a right to the items then than they do now. The only real difference now is that people QQ on the forums more and less on trade
    I don't know what server you played on, but people knew the ninjas. Many got GKicked from guilds when their GM found out and could not get into groups at all. They had to transfer off servers if they got a bad rep. That is how it was on Gorg at least, ninjas were black balled

Deleted
    I don't know what server you played on, but people knew the ninjas. Many got GKicked from guilds when their GM found out and could not get into groups at all. They had to transfer off servers if they got a bad rep. That is how it was on Gorg at least, ninjas were black balled
    Yes, a lot naming and shaming, but the issue still remains the same. Everyone was free to do with the loot what they wished if they wished, repercussions be damned.

Go us for derailing the thread btw :P

I really think they should implement some tech that allows you to only roll need on an item that is good for the spec you are at the time of the roll.

Though in reality there should be 3 roll buttons.

1) Mainspec Need
    2) Offspec Need
    3) Vendor Greed

Quote Originally Posted by chad3d View Post
    PuG's are pugs. My warrior is main spec arms, but I tank so I don't have to wait 45-50 minutes to get into a dungeon. Should I not be allowed to roll need on DPS gear?

I understand your frustration, but an upgrade is an upgrade no matter the spec. Guildies will help each other out, that's the point of guilds. PuG's are basically a band of mercenaries looking after their own. Look at groups for what they are rather than what you wish they would be. Aim your expectations lower when it comes to PuG's
    No, you roll based upon your role. If you are a dps, you ask before you roll need on an item. It is as simple as that. I tank as a main spec and if someone ninja's an item, I get pretty pissed. That means I have to run the dungeon many more times. I role on dps gear, but I ask first to make sure I will not steal an item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disastor View Post
    I really think they should implement some tech that allows you to only roll need on an item that is good for the spec you are at the time of the roll.

Though in reality there should be 3 roll buttons.

1) Mainspec Need
    2) Offspec Need
    3) Vendor Greed
    Then there would also have to be something implemented in the system that checks if you ACTUALLY have that Main- or Offspec and only then allow those roll options. Would be a vast improvement. If not for all the BoE stuff that's going on in instances, might be worth it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    yeah well its 4am here and only 2 of us on... and 1 is a priest so they wouldnt have been too much help anyways.... ok i get it that the healer wants to make a tank set... but at the cost of some1 who actually needed them... thats not cricket
    Obviously the technology is there. If I can't need roll on plate AS A ROGUE, if I cant need roll on an Int trinket, ring or necklace AS A ROGUE, how much more coding would it take to make rolls role specific. When we raid, is it not need before greed, MS>OS? So why then Blizz can't you code this into LFD? I can't count the # of times I was out rolled on the shield from HoR by the DPS Pally or Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    yeah well its 4am here and only 2 of us on... and 1 is a priest so they wouldnt have been too much help anyways.... ok i get it that the healer wants to make a tank set... but at the cost of some1 who actually needed them... thats not cricket
    I agree that is TOTALLY not cricket
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy