Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dual Wield Dragons Call's(yes I already have 2)
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    You'll get quickly bored by WoW and quit.
    One thing that keep people playing is the hope of phat loot.
    Without that, you won't run the same instances/raids for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I love this idea, because I would love to use my S1 Gladiator swords or Blinkstrike again, I just see it as a way of getting free and easy gear. EQ2 had a great system for things like this, and Blizz almost did something close with the over-cloaks. Basically you had two sets of gear, stats and look. All your stats were obviously obtained from the stats set, but you got the item models from your second set. I would love this for WoW, because I personally hate the rogue t11 look.

Edit: There is a program to change your ingame item models. I was a mut rogue with Thunderfury and Ashbringer for awhile, that was fun.
    Some of you seem to be missing the entire point of this thread. I do not believe this will happen or do I personally agree with it being added. No I do not wish for free gear as again this was hypothetical and I never once said I wanted it to be in the game.
    The point was outside of legendaries and tier sets was there ever an item you liked so much that you would be willing to do something like that to make it useful once more.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ViND_ View Post
    Warglaives.
    I believe in caps I said no legendaries. I also said no tier pieces but some people are ignoring that too... :P

The only weapons I've ever really wanted: The Untamed Blade and Cataclysm's Edge.

I'd go with illustration of the dragon soul mos' def'
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Quote Originally Posted by levandor View Post
    Be
    ne
    dic
    tion
    !
    Seconded.x 10000. I would LOVE to have this staff be usable in end-game again!

Lol I say skip the 3 months. Just offer this on legendary's only.

Really.. Nobodys said it.. ok I will.

[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Really.. Nobodys said it.. ok I will.

[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
    nobody's said it because it says right in the OP no legendaries -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    corrupted ashbringer
    This one would be awesome but if you make it a Ilvl 359, I wonder what would it do with the Minus 25 stamina there's on it.
    Would it turn into a minus 300-400 stam weapon but with massive dps, or would they just give it new stats.

Just wondering hehe

Personally I'd like to see what the stats on the Rejuvenating Gem from BWL would look like, Even if it was a lvl 60 trinket, I stull used it for a while in TBC and I think I didn't replace it before I got my hand on the Memento of Tyrande from Illidan. Keeping the same trinket for more than a year was the shit imo

So yeah I'd love to be able to use it in Cata too
    Last edited by clyponyx; 2010-12-28 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffmstr View Post
    Some of you seem to be missing the entire point of this thread. I do not believe this will happen or do I personally agree with it being added. No I do not wish for free gear as again this was hypothetical and I never once said I wanted it to be in the game.
    The point was outside of legendaries and tier sets was there ever an item you liked so much that you would be willing to do something like that to make it useful once more.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 01:31 PM ----------

I believe in caps I said no legendaries. I also said no tier pieces but some people are ignoring that too... :P
    Warglaives are too cool for your caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffmstr View Post
    This is completely hypothetical so please do not flame before you read the entire post. (Wasn't sure where to put this so I put it in general :P)
    Anyhow... Okay, So, let's say that Blizzard has added a new feature to the game where you can reforge Item levels. When you choose to reforge an Item level it instantly boots the item level to the corresponding item level of whatever the highest possible quality in the game is. (So an epic trinket from BC would be like ilevel 359 and blue would be ilevel 345 but after patch 4.1 it would be a higher ilevel)
    Also, sense the power of items goes by the item level when you boost the ilevel the stats would increase dramatically. (So they would actually be useful again)
    Now, you can only reforge ONE item every THREE MONTHS. And once that item has been reforged it can not be reforged again for an entire year.
    You CAN NOT reforge Legendaries OR tier set pieces. So please do not post legendaries.

So... What item would you choose to have again?

On my tank without a doubt it would be the Dawnforged Defender. The epic shield from getting exalted with the Shattered Sun Offensive. That is my favorite shield ever.
    On my healer it would be the Vial of the Sunwell from Heroic Magister's Terrence.

Both are from BC for me but thats because there weren't many items in WotLK that stood out for me.
    277 Althor's Abacus. Would make healing SO much easier.

I'd probably choose the following two:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=43555
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65357

More seriously, if the feature was in I'd like to see this upgraded:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=31856

and then I'd play my enhancement shaman. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    I like the idea, but with some tweaks meybe, lets say you were to reforge to a Ilvl 359 trinket, then you WOULD HAVE TO have a Ilvl 359 trinket, to reforge a lower lvl item to that, this old item would be consumed in the process.

I would chose dbw
    I agree completely, DBW was cool as hell, too bad I only got mine in the end of WotLK. Hilarious looking at a Vrykul smacking people in the back with a staff(feral druid).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Bulwark of Azzinoth.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Lol I say skip the 3 months. Just offer this on legendary's only.
    I clearly said no legendaries. I was trying to be realistic even though this is hypothetical. Blizzard has shot down the idea many times of this ever happening to legendaries. Again this is hypothetical but I still like it to be somewhat realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hand of Justice (Crit + extra attack proc)

Deadmans Hand http://www.wowhead.com/item=34227

Being able to have a stam ring with a chance of freezing your attacker in place would be insane in PvP for anyone that is not a frost mage.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaperr View Post
    Cursed Vision of Sargaeras would be the other...
    You beat me to it. I would actually show my helm with this one.

Deleted
    for people that don't get this it's basically, what item from earlier in the game would you love to be able to use as a current item. Personally mine would be a wooden shield. That'd look so awesome in an 85 heroic raid :L

10+ Year Old Account
    That uh.. what's it called.. Royal Crest of Lordaeron?

I want to use that insanely awesome shield model all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    I like the idea, but with some tweaks meybe, lets say you were to reforge to a Ilvl 359 trinket, then you WOULD HAVE TO have a Ilvl 359 trinket, to reforge a lower lvl item to that, this old item would be consumed in the process.

I would chose dbw
    Or, a static item of some kind, a "Reforging Orb" per se, has a small chance to drop from some bosses. This item would be consumed in the reforging process.

Not sure what I'd "bring back"... There've been a few things I've really, really liked along the way, but I tend to block those things out after I have to get rid of em. Actually, I'd like an updated version of the Blackblade of Shahram- http://www.wowhead.com/item=12592
    Last edited by Alternategray; 2010-12-28 at 08:58 PM.