Hurray for Hunters! What about PvP?

Question, So I've read about the up-coming reports about hunters and it's a buff for them so I'm real happy but what about PvP? On my Hunter all I do is PvP. Is MM now the PvP spec or is Surv still it. Normally I would use BM for 2v2 and Surv for 3v3 and BG's. Is it different now? Please help and discuss. Remeber, PvP only.

Survival and MM are the best pvp specs atm.

MM is very weapon dependent and has always gotten better the higher the item levels have risen. MM was very good in S7 and S8 for example. SV was good in S5, both were kind of good in S6.

It really also depends on what comp you are playing. For some SV is better and for some MM.
    I prefer MM always, since I like the playstyle. Play whatever fix your game.

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Survival and MM are the best pvp specs atm.

MM is very weapon dependent and has always gotten better the higher the item levels have risen. MM was very good in S7 and S8 for example. SV was good in S5, both were kind of good in S6.

It really also depends on what comp you are playing. For some SV is better and for some MM.
    I prefer MM always.
    This is tending to the up-coming patch correct?

No one knows the details of what will change. No one knows what is even being looked at.

We have about a tenth of the picture right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aljaser View Post
    No one knows the details of what will change. No one knows what is even being looked at.

We have about a tenth of the picture right now.
    Do we know when the patch will be coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerkk View Post
    This is tending to the up-coming patch correct?
    We dont know anything about the upcoming patch, except for damage buffs. MM and BM does need a damage buff, BUT the biggest problem Hunters have is that we have bugs en mass. They need to fix those, atleast some.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerkk View Post
    Do we know when the patch will be coming out?
    Nope. Not soon, at any rate

The blog post in question wasn't even supposed to get posted until next month (he even says "I wrote this last year" in the post), but it slipped out so they just released it early. That means we're not even supposed to be theorizing about this stuff for another few weeks. And THAT means that the actual patch could be months off. It's far too early to worry about any of this stuff just yet.

In the meantime the best thing we can do is keep playing. They're looking at all the data, so take your spec of choice, and get out there and fight. Run heroics, do some BG's, the more we do, the more data they have to base their decisions on. On top of that, if you have any legitimate suggestions for changes to a specific spec, go post it on the official forums. We have the rare knowledge that they're heavily inspecting our performance right now, we should make the most out of it.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    The blog post in question wasn't even supposed to get posted until next month (he even says "I wrote this last year" in the post), but it slipped out so they just released it early. That means we're not even supposed to be theorizing about this stuff for another few weeks. And THAT means that the actual patch could be months off. It's far too early to worry about any of this stuff just yet.

In the meantime the best thing we can do is keep playing. They're looking at all the data, so take your spec of choice, and get out there and fight. Run heroics, do some BG's, the more we do, the more data they have to base their decisions on. On top of that, if you have any legitimate suggestions for changes to a specific spec, go post it on the official forums. We have the rare knowledge that they're heavily inspecting our performance right now, we should make the most out of it.
    Very well said.

On another note...I can't see how people like depending on a pet. I hate playing BM and prefer MM any day over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
    Very well said.

On another note...I can't see how people like depending on a pet. I hate playing BM and prefer MM any day over it.
    Not to mention if your pet dies, it'll take you a whole 10 seconds to bring it up, compared to locks'/dks'/mages' instant resses. It's a real shame that they put so much emphasis and focus on our pets for BM and stuff, and it's a huge blow when the pet dies since you can't really speed the res up a bit.

Agreed. I really, really miss improved revive pet. I'm going to have to make a mental note to go post my hunter concerns on the official forums later tonight.

And for some of us "relying" on our pet is what draws us to the class. Way back when I first started playing, I was drawn to hunters because of the pets, and always knew (before I had any idea what specs even meant) that I wanted to have a powerful pet. When beastmastery is played properly, it's about the synergy between hunter and pet. They're not just a mobile dot, they're more like a gnomish army knife, the perfect tool for any situation, and it's the management and proper application of the pet that makes the spec fun to play.

That said, I do think the better long term solution to help BM's current dps would be to buff the hunter portion, not the pet portion. I know that some of the larger BM nerfs in the past were because the pet was doing too much of our damage, and I'd hate to see that situation repeated.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."