Emergency Pet Switch ability?

I was thinking when we wiped in a heroic the other night that it would be real nice if hunters had some sort of Emergency Pet Switch ability. Specifically to allow for those situations where a tank goes down and tank pet could hold the boss off for just a few moments while tank gets a rez. It could have a large cd or whatever. Now I understand that there is the option to dismiss and call out the tank pet, but that can take a decent amount of time, maybe more time than you have.

Is something like that too much for hunters?

Deleted
    I don't see big point to just call a different pet I use pritty much one pet for all dungens and this is the cat.
    Spec it with stamina and arrmor from talents you are not going to loose to much DPS more like 3% of pet DPS and put point to phenix so that pet can return if died. My cat is able to tank heroic boss with improved mend pet for more then a minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually travel with a Wolf, Cat, Owl, Boar, and Seagull for my 5 main pets. Depending of if there is a hunter with a Cat, i'll use the Wolf. On the second boss fight in H Grim Batol, the big Ettin, I will use my DPS pet until I see that he changes his weapon to the Twin Swords ability and will Dismiss Pet and call my Owl, keeping Snatch off until the tank says that his Disarm on the boss is up and to Disarm. If the boss does that again, then i can dismiss the Owl and call the Seagull which has a Snatch as well.

What I'm saying is that dismiss time and resummon time of the new pet, in this case, a tanking pet, is less than 3 seconds. If your watching ahead, and see that the tank is about dead, you can always summon the tank pet, tell your tank to back away for a few seconds to take no or less damage while hes healed up while the Pet Tank gets the boss. We did that the other night in a guild run in H Grim Batol on the 3rd Boss, tank took a nasty hit from the summoned fire add, was nearly dead, pulled out the Pig, taunted, tanked Valiona, healed the Tank up, and he retaunted and took back the boss, and we beat him.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have saved many groups by dismissing Kitteh (sambas) and swapping to Stampy (terrorpene) to take over for a dead, or dying, tank or even to off-tank an unexpected add or two. It's dicey, and isn't always possible, but when it works out it makes peoples' jaws hit the floor as they bask in your hunter glory. I think I'm a little sadistic though, since I often find myself hoping that exact situation will occur at least once in every pug... to give me a chance to show off. Which means I'm standing there, dps'ing with my cat out and hoping the tank will die... what's wrong with me? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    I have saved many groups by dismissing Kitteh (sambas) and swapping to Stampy (terrorpene) to take over for a dead, or dying, tank or even to off-tank an unexpected add or two. It's dicey, and isn't always possible, but when it works out it makes peoples' jaws hit the floor as they bask in your hunter glory. I think I'm a little sadistic though, since I often find myself hoping that exact situation will occur at least once in every pug... to give me a chance to show off. Which means I'm standing there, dps'ing with my cat out and hoping the tank will die... what's wrong with me? lol
    Lol, i guess its a hunter thing. I feel the same way sometimes. Its just an awesome feeling when all DPS and the tank are dead, and its just the Hunter, his Pet, and the healer left alive. And you're able to DPS the boss to dead while the rest of your party is going "Holy **#*%#%, that hunter rocks" haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbandit View Post
    I was thinking when we wiped in a heroic the other night that it would be real nice if hunters had some sort of Emergency Pet Switch ability. Specifically to allow for those situations where a tank goes down and tank pet could hold the boss off for just a few moments while tank gets a rez. It could have a large cd or whatever. Now I understand that there is the option to dismiss and call out the tank pet, but that can take a decent amount of time, maybe more time than you have.

Is something like that too much for hunters?
    Calling out a new pet takes 3 seconds.
    2 seconds to dismiss current pet, then 1 second to select the new one.

Just comes down to how fast you are on your fingers really.