Tol Barad design intent

We all know Tol Barad is completly broken but i cant help but wonder how did Blizzard imagine it would go. to me the 3 base thing seems completly wierd and i can help but wonder that no one stood up and said "maybe it should be 2 outa 3 kinda like Gilneas". Idk how do you guys think this one made it live

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote from Zarhym:
    We're working with our development team to prepare a blog post about Tol Barad balance and gameplay, as well as the improvements we'd like to make. You can likely expect that post sometime within the first week of January after the holiday break.
    Any questions you have should probably be answered when this post comes out.

Edit: Link to original: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...264?page=7#131

I think blizzard just tried something new and noticed it's failing miserably.

How did they ever think a pub would 3 cap anything?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    I think blizzard just tried something new and noticed it's failing miserably.
    took em long enough too lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

2/3 would be waaaay to easy. It needs to be like AB imo and give the attackers a set time to obtain X resource points. Killing towers could extend the timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    All they really need is a way to make it so you can't just defend 1 tower with no consequences. Make it so it gets harder to defend the longer you stay there, a plus damage taken debuff or damage done debuff would work. That or make it so it takes half as long to cap a tower for the attackers and takes longer to take back a tower for the defenders. There are lots of minor things that would balance Tol Barad out

Quote Originally Posted by aldar View Post
    We all know Tol Barad is completly broken but i cant help but wonder how did Blizzard imagine it would go. to me the 3 base thing seems completly wierd and i can help but wonder that no one stood up and said "maybe it should be 2 outa 3 kinda like Gilneas". Idk how do you guys think this one made it live
    As if i could join a Tol Barad battle until now.... Btw - is it fun?

Deleted
    TB would make more sense if it would be changed just a little bit. Such as:

- attacker caps 3 bases --> instant win

- either side holds 2 bases when time runs out

Would also make people to think about whether to down towers or not.

But then again "war is more fun when you are winning". We get pissed off when trying to cap all 3 bases, but also enjoy making the horde swallow back that and more when we finally are on the defensive.

Give tower more HP

Give Seiges less HP

Start off needing 3 cap to win with 15 minutes on the clock.

Take down one tower, add 5 minutes.

Take down two towers, add 10 minutes to the clock, taking the game to a full 30.

Take down all three towers, lower it to a 2 cap to win.

Now towers are worth defending and actually defendable, tower caps are worth something more than prolonging the agony, and the three node rule is completely eliminated.