Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battlemaster essentially impossible now? (Thanks, SotA)

So, since the only thing in the game I really enjoy regardless of actual in-game rewards is killing people, specifically in BG's, I decided to make things more interesting and make a push for the battlemaster title. I'm fairly close on AB and WSG. EoTS seems pretty easy. AV will just take some time. SotA? Impossible now.

There is absolutely no way, shape or form I will EVER have a chance to disarm 5 seaforium bombs in one match because no one has time to use it anymore. I'll have a hard time killing 5 siege engines with a frickin turret over time, let alone 5 in one battle. Not the way it goes now. 100 over time? Sure, if I want to do SotA 1000 times and win none of them.

Now, I'm all for time-consuming and difficult. That's what makes it an achievement. But the way it is now, it's completely unreasonable.

I see a change coming to SoTA, it's truthfully broken at 85. Might as well rename it cleanse of the ancients.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ cleanse of the ancients. And I pray to (insert deity) that Blizz will fix SoTA RIGHT AFTER TOL'BARAD.

I agree that achievement is pretty much impossible....

I don't know what their reasoning was for drastically increasing the speed of the demos. A temporary speed boost ability would have been better.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i very much agree. if all four sieges make a break for one side and nothing happens to them. you can get to the end in under 2 minutes and win.

but i think the reason blizz did this was to force communication for rated bgs so healers would be forced to stay with engines for dispels. but they didnt think it through when it came to achievs lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait... what's wrong with it exactly? Is it the fact that all 4 tanks go on 1 side = gg?

Overall, I kind of like SotA now. It goes quicker and it's a blast on my lock with CoE and fear. I can be MVP of a match without doing a single point of damage. But, just like Tol Barad, there's absolutely no reason for strategy. There's a formula for winning. It's the only formula. I agree, that is officially broken.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way most people (myself included) got that achievement is by having an opposite faction friend queue SotA at the same time over and over until you both get the same game (takes a lot longer now that you can't see the number when it pops, but it's still doable). You can place the bombs anywhere, so once the fight moves up you can just drop all the bombs and disarm them all right on the beach. It's a stupid achievement, but c'est la vie.

e: Off-topic, but there seems to be consensus that 15-man week sucks and may as well not exist or be AB only. EotS and SotA both have serious group composition problems with druids and shaman and feel very much like whoever stacks the most instant roots and knockbacks can cheese a win. I have the good fortune of playing one of the abusive specs, but that doesn't make it any more fun for everyone involved as the strategy is pretty stupid.
    Last edited by Narfwak; 2010-12-29 at 05:27 AM.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Luphy View Post
    wait... what's wrong with it exactly? Is it the fact that all 4 tanks go on 1 side = gg?
    The fact that using the seaforium and turrets and any strategy involving either will actually hurt your chances at victory, thus achievements like this become either completely impossible or require you to actually hurt your team to complete them. And yes, exactly what you said as well. There is only one way to win now. In every other BG (except Tol Barad, but that's another thread) you can win in many different ways. If it's exactly the same every time, it's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    The fact that using the seaforium and turrets and any strategy involving either will actually hurt your chances at victory, thus achievements like this become either completely impossible or require you to actually hurt your team to complete them. And yes, exactly what you said as well. There is only one way to win now. In every other BG (except Tol Barad, but that's another thread) you can win in many different ways. If it's exactly the same every time, it's broken.
    This combined with the fact that an average round takes more or less 1-2 minutes which simply is not enough time to do any of the "In a single battle" achievements legitimately and in most cases even illegitimately.

(Used round time not game time as all the in one battle achieves are side dependent so you only really get around for each).

Yup, I've noticed this too. I need Steady Hands and 30 wins in SotA, along with AV Perfection and 30 wins in AV for Battlemaster. I haven't seen a seaforium bomb even used in months. Kinda pisses me off...

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I got those achievements back when they were easy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I have battlemaster for 2 years . Before SOTA was way harder. Nowadays i see people (in guild and friends ) getting those SOTA achievs . You just need abit of luck that the opposite facion will play really bad and just protect the vechieles. I don't what is impossible in that tittle .... It just takes A LOT of time.

Quote Originally Posted by jermaine18 View Post
    I have battlemaster for 2 years . Before SOTA was way harder. Nowadays i see people (in guild and friends ) getting those SOTA achievs . You just need abit of luck that the opposite facion will play really bad and just protect the vechieles. I don't what is impossible in that tittle .... It just takes A LOT of time.
    Serously?

-Destroy 100 vehicles using a turret.
    -Destroy 5 vehicles using a turret in a single battle.
    -Kill 100 players carrying seaforium
    -Kill 5 players carrying seaforium in a single battle

All of those are fine before the changes, but are borderline impossible right now. You would have to hurt your team's chances of success to do the turrets and you'll die of old age waiting for the opposing faction to drop seaforium bombs.

Edit: question for those who have done it, on the turret parts, does any HK (or vehicle equivalent) count while you happen to be in them, or do you have to get the KB? I would hope it's do some damage and the tank eventually gets destroyed...
    Last edited by Jiraiyah; 2010-12-29 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah , seriously , most of battlemaster achievements take alot of time. The vehicle destruction with a turret counts even if you hit the vehicle once and you mates finish it off. And i believe there are still people who carry seaforium in some battlegrounds.
    I agree that it is hard , annoying and takes alot of time , but that what battemaster is all about , mate. You just need to keep playing and sometimes have a long battleground to farm hordes for seaforium and sometimes when horde fail with vehicles to get the turret achievement. Pretty simple , but not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jermaine18 View Post
    Yeah , seriously , most of battlemaster achievements take alot of time. The vehicle destruction with a turret counts even if you hit the vehicle once and you mates finish it off. And i believe there are still people who carry seaforium in some battlegrounds.
    I agree that it is hard , annoying and takes alot of time , but that what battemaster is all about , mate. You just need to keep playing and sometimes have a long battleground to farm hordes for seaforium and sometimes when horde fail with vehicles to get the turret achievement. Pretty simple , but not easy.

Dude... stop it, no one's buying it. You're doing the same thing half the priests out there were doing when they refused to believe they were a little underpowered. You're trying to make it like "oh, well I did it, it's not that hard". No one cares and you're missing the point. I'm also guessing you haven't been in SotA recently.

This isn't that hard to understand, either. The new mechanics of SotA necessitate that your opposition does not waste time setting seaforium bombs. They need to CC the defenders so the tanks can break away. Looking at the comparable portion of this achievement to the other BGs, this part is broken because SotA is broken. It's unobtainable without colluding with the opposition. The part with the turrets is technically doable, but not without hurting your team.

This can easily be fixed by upping the health of the walls and increasing the damage of the turrets and seaforium bombs.
    Last edited by Jiraiyah; 2010-12-29 at 02:02 PM.

I still carry the bombs... resto druid/disc/shadow priest. My problem is trying to get the two achievements for not losing a demo and for not letting them down a wall. Grr.

Letting an opposing team capture the South Graveyard will often force some into using bombs since it otherwise forces a long run back to the workshops for the demolishers.
    Also gives you a single gate to try and get the disarms from, instead of two.

If you've had time to grab and set more than one seaforium charge, you have lost the battle for the strand of the ancients. Even having a friend on the opposing team to grab 5 seaforium just so you can disarm them would be difficult considering how quickly it's over.

Increasing the health pool of the walls as well as the damage on seaforium and turrets would effectively reintroduce a little bit of strategy and teamwork while maintaining the importance of CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    the only thing in the game I really enjoy regardless of actual in-game rewards is killing people
    i think you have issues