Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing weapon enchant - Hurricane or Heartsong?

I just wanted to know your thoughts on these two weapon enchants. I know I personally sit about 3.3k mp5 in combat without trinket procs, so I'm kind of on the fence about which I need more (haste or mp5).

Irelia - US Boulderfist

Deleted
    Go with the one that benefits you most. If you find that casting speed is too low or feel that your reaction skills are augmented by the speed of your casting, then go with haste.

If on the other hand you find that you're spending too much mana after dropping Shadowfiend and HoH and still going OOM - then choose the mana chant.

It's all about balance - each and every person will have their own interpretations as to "how much is enough". The only person who can evaluate that best is you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Procs that increase output (haste, sp, crit) is generally not a good idea for healing because you can't decide when you want it.
    I'd go with heartsong, if you want output stats get them somewhere else.

don't read anything into my armory, my healing weapon is my dps weapon, hence the hurricane enchant.

Heartsong's uptime is quite often and isn't on a 45 second internal CD. The 200 spirit you gain does help, especially when combined with other spirit increasing trinkets procs or effects. My trinkets are the Baradin's Wardens - Exalted spirit trinket and the heroic Tear of Blood.

I'm sitting at 15.30% haste unbuffed, so I don't need Hurricane. Elitist Jerks say that Heartsong offers about 40-50mp5 more than Power Torrent for Holy. However, a Disc priest only really gets about 10mp5 from Heartsong over Power Torrent.

15.30% haste? wtf I'm at like 1.5% QQ.

If you are a raider you definitely want hearstong

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    15.30% haste? wtf I'm at like 1.5% QQ.

If you are a raider you definitely want hearstong
    Yeah really I'm at less than 10% haste on my resto druid with full heroic gear as well as every yellow socket filled w/ int/haste gems. I went with Heartsong A) bc my fiance who's my personal enchanter didn't have hurricane yet so it wasn't really a choice and B) I still felt a little uncomfortable with the amount of time I spent oom if dps wasn't top notch or paying attn 100% of the time. I have the Tear of Blood and Blood of Isset trinkets. I can definitely agree that Heartsong procs quite often.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adding more spirit is helpful almost all the time. Adding haste only helps boost hps when it procs, it isn't always there when you need it. Casting more spells also means you go through your mana quicker. It's just my opinion, but it doesn't sound like hurricane is a very good option. All of my guildies that heal rely on heartsong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Random throughput procs are very very rarely useful for healing. Mana regen procs are always useful unless you never lack mana.

Quote Originally Posted by GeaMyaLor View Post
    I can definitely agree that Heartsong procs quite often.
    Aye, 20 sec internal CD and 25% proc chance. It is crazy.

And I would go with Heartsong, throughput procs are relaly bad for healers. Great for dps, but not for healing If you want more throughput, gem or gear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you really dont need anymore mana at all.. Hurricane. But i would advice you to reforge some spirit to mastery instead and then get Heartsong. But only if you really have enough mana!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Procs that increase output (haste, sp, crit) is generally not a good idea for healing because you can't decide when you want it.
    I'd go with heartsong, if you want output stats get them somewhere else.

Yep, pretty much this. Haste procs are kinda pointless for healers.
    That being said, Power torrent is a really nice enchant that I'll probably switch over to once I have a weapon worthy of it's insane cost simply because it's an Intellect proc, which will benefit both my SP and my Regen (Plus I'm Disc so I scale brilliantly with Int)
    But yeah, I'd pretty much say stick with Heartsong until you have the gear to accomodate/justify Power Torrent.

Heartsong for me

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I'll probably switch over to once I have a weapon worthy of it's insane cost.
    No kidding.. I saw the AH prices and it was like 15k for an enchant.. I was like wtf!

Deleted
    how about heartsong vs power torrent?

is the throughput gain on power torrent enough to justify losing the regen?

Heartsong is the only viable healer enchant until power torrent (and many people wont put that on an item until HMs). There has never been a raid boss fight were I wasn't sitting close to OOM at a certain point so the extra regen is always nice. If you really want haste, get the witching hourglass from the last boss of HBRC.

Edit: TC I'm sitting at 3500+MP5 in combat with no buffs and that still isn't enough regen for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    how about heartsong vs power torrent?

is the throughput gain on power torrent enough to justify losing the regen?
    It's going to vary by spec due to mechanics. For discipline priests it probably is worth it because of how Rapture works, but whether or not it's worth it for Holy is probably up in the air at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Def Heartsong, it's a sweet enchant for this stage of the game. Edit: our holy priest uses it.
    Last edited by Kiry; 2010-12-29 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubacuda View Post
    Heartsong's uptime is quite often and isn't on a 45 second internal CD. The 200 spirit you gain does help, especially when combined with other spirit increasing trinkets procs or effects. My trinkets are the Baradin's Wardens - Exalted spirit trinket and the heroic Tear of Blood.

I'm sitting at 15.30% haste unbuffed, so I don't need Hurricane. Elitist Jerks say that Heartsong offers about 40-50mp5 more than Power Torrent for Holy. However, a Disc priest only really gets about 10mp5 from Heartsong over Power Torrent.

Says the guy using a holy archangel offspec....

With disc glyphs.

Yeah, my offspec is for my Holy PvP / Solo'ing stuff. I wouldn't judge my capabilities based on that spec sir, but rather my primary which is 6 / 32 / 3. I raid with that spec and I've already killed my fair share of Cata raid bosses, but that isn't what is at issue here.

Someone asked about Heartsong vs. Power Torrent. I will quote EJ's analysis of the two enchants:

"For Holy, Heartsong will net about 40-50 more mp5 than Power Torrent. Timing shadowfiend
    with a PT proc will increase the regen benefits of that enchant. For Disc it’s much closer, with
    Heartsong having about 10 mp5 advantage over PT. So with good shadowfiend management
    PT could be nearly equal for regen."

If anyone is serious about Holy raiding they should consult the EJ compendium. It is where I did all my consultation to get where I am now.

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-...st_compendium/

Quote Originally Posted by Scubacuda View Post
    If anyone is serious about Holy raiding they should consult the EJ compendium. It is where I did all my consultation to get where I am now.

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-...st_compendium/
    How's that hit gear and staff working out for ya or did EJ tell you that also?

I take what I can get my hands on. I haven't been able to get a good healing wand or boots yet in my heroics thus far. Reforging is great in this case because, duh, I reforged to take the hit away. I got 1610 valor points atm, but I don't really want to buy some BoE boots. And you seem to lack knowledge on the staff so I don't waste my time arguing about it.