Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thank you Blizzard for ruin arena!!

Well from 2000-3000 rated arena in a hole season i only play 10 matches/week...it's useless to play more, it is nothing to play for. The gear from arena is now free for that 1343 cap points who are made in 5 games...so on my server i see all the non-pvp players taking the main pvp epic wepon and using in pve after 3 weeks...that was impossible for them last 8 seasons of arena..because they never can get 1800 rated for it. Another fact is all the players realise that 2200 rated is the only fact to play arena for...and they don't play it anymore you stay in queue like 3-4 min for 1 game...boring . For me world of warcraft became an only money maker game for blizzard where all the children must have epic pvp gear free...well Blizzard why did u ruin like 100k arena players?.It was fan, it was competitive, it was hard and nice...now it's retarded.
    Btw, how can you blizzard win a Tol Barad battle? only night when you play 40 against 20 ppl...? there is no strategy it's impossible to win a battle when number of ppl are equals...think a little bit when u offer 1800 honor points for a win...NEVER EVER you can win a battle during a normal day...
    PVE now in Cata is really nice ..hard a little bit more but nice...for PVP i offer you 2 points..from maximum 10..due the fact of 2 new fights, but for what you do on arena...wow become history for me . cya all!

Deleted
    The conquest caps fast because you can only get it once a week. Its like the old honor system, it resets on Wednesday.

If you were 2-3000 rated then, you shouldnt have a hard time now either, but maybe you SUCK and got CARRIED?

New arena gets a 1/10 from me, epic gear is way to easy to obtain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuhu1980 View Post
    For me world of warcraft became an only money maker game for blizzard where all the children must have epic pvp gear free..
    This long into WotLK I already had full epic-gear and was really bored 'cause we had cleared all the available content.
    Currently, not even half my gear is epic and my guild has only killed two(!) raid bosses. And there's alot more to do too... BG's are much more fun when you dont neeed <insert insane amount here> resilience to not get two-shotted... BG's are fun when you can actually do quite well without a healer...

BUT, I agree with you... they should put some sort of rating-requirement on the "normal" epic weapons aswell

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dont know about you but I Arena/PvP because I enjoy it. Of course the benefits (gear mainly) are a motivation, but if thats the only reason you play... well I dont know if you should be playing at all.

I'm sure you're one of those people who barely got 1800 for their weapon and then enjoyed facerolling people below that rating just because you had the gear-advantage.

I've read that Arena was something really bad, and blizz hated themselves for putting it into the game (or something from the sort). If you havent heard, they wanted to concentrate on BGs in Cata and therefore they made rated BGs and you get gear from them.

Deleted
    before cata: gear>skill QQ
    now: skill>gear QQ

awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    before cata: gear>skill QQ
    now: skill>gear QQ

awesome.
    And that's the way it should be... gear should never make the class great, the PLAYER should make the Hero epic...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When he said 2k-3k rated arena he probably meant games and not rating...

Tbh i feel with you OP, i used to play during s7 and s8, always obtaining weap (not hard or anything)
    When you got the weapons it was a small victory itself, therefor i see your point BUT, during those seasons, i was also insanely tired of overgeared ppl that would plow right through me ! Now we all have a chance to get somewhat the same gear, not counting pve ofc.
    Imho i like it, all stand a chance now, which is nice, and as MagusU "gear should never make the class great, the PLAYER should make the Hero epic"
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

i've play arena since season 2 and i make about 2200 each season with rogue and holy paladin, so i have a lot of experience...and now arena is crap...if it is so nice... why now when there are like 12 million player ..time for queue is minimum 2 min when 3-4 years ago was less than 10 secons...because ppl are not playing anymore. A very interesting fact is that u can make full pvp epic in 3 month from 5 arena/week...but u can't take more than 3 pve epics if u can't kill the bosses from raids. So Pve is a bit hard...PvP it's for everybody so less skill for PVP and you need a good guild in PVE. For an only PVP player this game is history

Deleted
    Btw, how can you blizzard win a Tol Barad battle? only night when you play 40 against 20 ppl...? there is no strategy it's impossible to win a battle when number of ppl are equals...think a little bit when u offer 1800 honor points for a win...NEVER EVER you can win a battle during a normal day...
    See a connection here? The huge honor gain is because it's so hard to win. It'd be different if it was for winning as defense. Seriously, this post just seems so utterly unintelligent and selfcontradictoring it's not even funny.

Blizzard didn't like Arena. Be thankful they didn't remove it entirely from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Blizzard didn't like Arena. Be thankful they didn't remove it entirely from the game.
    Sorry, what? What makes you think that?

QQ
    what an insightful and new post we have here.

also, welcome to the state PvE epics were in Wrath, when every PvPer could farm mindless heroics and get t10. if you cannot stand equal geared people which you could beat before just because you play 24/7 and they cannot, thus overgearing them, it's working as intended and you are not as good as you think.

also, if you don't like the game, stop playing it. QQing here makes me think that you cannot stay away from WoW, which is pretty sad imho.

Well, new arena wants to show you that in arene fights there is something more than gear that makes you pro. Cocky players who get full purple PvP gear get a nice cold shower at about 2k, where you have to show skill, not only gear. I think Blizzard made a good move - now arena masters are arena masters not because of their gearscore but because of skills

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    Because they said so. Can't be arsed to find source. It's still there, somewhere, tho. Think it was an interview of some sort.

i've play arena since season 2 and i make about 2200 each season with rogue and holy paladin, so i have a lot of experience...and now arena is crap...if it is so nice... why now when there are like 12 million player ..time for queue is minimum 2 min when 3-4 years ago was less than 10 secons...because ppl are not playing anymore. A very interesting fact is that u can make full pvp epic in 3 month from 5 arena/week...but u can't take more than 3 pve epics if u can't kill the bosses from raids. So Pve is a bit hard...PvP it's for everybody so less skill for PVP and you need a good guild in PVE. For an only PVP player this game is history
    Why do I have sooo much trouble believing you.

You know what I think. Your rogue, is combat, your paladin is retribution. And you got curbstomped by a frostmage/druid team 10 times in a row. And you didnt get your conquestpoint cap this week.

In regards to your first post, your cap gets higher with your rating you know... if you do claim to be the son of god in pvp, you should be at 2200 now, and at 2400 points a week.

The way I see it is that Blizzard wants to make pvp gear less important then fun/skill. In wotlk, fresh players would get cruched beyond all hope even with full honor gear. Now they made it a lot easier to obtain gear, resulting in a faster gearing, and avoiding getting their teeth kicked in by full epic fotm rerollers.

Give me an armory link to your character please so I may gaze upon the glory of a 6 season in a row gladiator.

Anything that reduces the number of egotistical morons is a good thing. Arena was a bad idea from the very start, exposing the flaws of class balance and gear bias to a degree previously unseen in bgs.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a Blue Post around with Blizzard stating that implementing Arenas into the game was a mistake on their part.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Because they said so. Can't be arsed to find source. It's still there, somewhere, tho. Think it was an interview of some sort.
    Yeah, way to make things up.