Thread: One Wipe Rule

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    And I never even mark skull. BIND A GODDAMN ASSIST KEY. CHRIST. lol
    You're bad, just live with it.

It's not raging. It's simply me optimizing my time for maximal Justice Point gain because I don't feel like carrying people.
    Get 3 DpS and a healer with the same attitude, it would do you better than to try to pug at all.

And I never even mark skull. BIND A GODDAMN ASSIST KEY. CHRIST. lol
    If you never switch targets while tanking, your skill is even worse than your attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Kaeleena, i will keep those in mind if i ever encounter you in LFD tool so i can leave right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    Tanks with exactly this mentality are why I geared up as a tank.
    Miraculously, using my defensive cooldowns, marking multiple trash mobs for CC, and actually explaining things to people rather than them die to something they weren't aware of has sped up my heroic runs tremendously.

Besides, no one wants to run with someone with such a bad attitude. If you don't have the time for the most theoretically bad, undergeared, poorly skilled, and simply moronic random dungeon party you can envision, it might not be the best idea to queue up for a random in the first place; instead, run with friends or guildies who prefer the Wrath style of ready-or-not tanking.
    No, it's the other way around. It's these people who should not be queueing with the LFD tool. No one should be forced to have to deal with people like that, and no it's not always best to sit there and explain things to everyone because you can just as quickly queue into another group that might know what they're doing and finish a different heroic in under 30 minutes.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    Thanks Kaeleena, i will keep those in mind if i ever encounter you in LFD tool so i can leave right away.
    You're welcome.

He doesn't mark skull but he'll leave after one wipe?

I kick tanks like this a lot.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.

Deleted
    Cataclysm has been out for 3 weeks. If you don't know the dungeons by now, you probably won't ever.
    You think everyone has been playing cata solid since it's release? You think everyone was lvl 85 on day 2? For some there is no immediate rush to level to the top level, they don't care about firsts, they want to enjoy the game they paid for and if they don't see raids in the first couple of resets they won't lose any sleep over it.

If it is such a problem I suggest you run via your guild, but seeing your attitude I doubt you stay in one for long.

Who are you to lay out the rules to others?

Its sad that people need to feel superior to others in a video game thats meant to be fun and meet new people and create friendships along the way.

But I don't understand this post, why posts these "rules" here at MMO? Do we play with you? The off chance that I would end up healing you in a pug is pretty far fetched.

Why do you even want people to see these? does it benefit us in any way? Does it make you feel superior?

So please tell me why you need to post this? Why do you even want us to care about what you do?

Play the game, enjoy it, help others who are still learning and at the end of the day those silly rules of yours will only make you seem a tad foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Just a reminder, keep it civil!

The OP has an aggressive tone and an elitist attitude. But nevertheless he states his point of view, borderline acceptable, but still acceptable. Don't turn this into a flamefest!

Discuss what he said, don't flame his attitude.

Wrong.

He didn't bring any place to discuss, he just stated what HIS rules was for heroics. Clearly he's only trolling

If you happen to NOT troll, I don't get it. I tanked from catac release so I could get tanking gear and dps gear ASAP
    First few runs were a little bumpy but there was a neat little topic here on MMO-C that explained few of the fghts. Along with Yogacast:How To
    Now that I know the tacts, running as dps mainly I've barely ever wiped. Because I explain everything in details before a boss encounter, and I'm pretty sure with my pugs vs your pugs. I go through instances 2x faster and wipes alot less then you, mainly because of your attitude. I usually mark up CC, with the gear healers got now I can easily run through instances without a single mana break.
    And guys, there's a difference between an elitist and a complete douche

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

4. Crowd Control. When running with a geared tank, you will rarely need crowd control as the tank can absorb the majority of damage put out by 5 and even 6 mob pulls ...
    Sorry, but i disagree, crowd control is a must in random heroics, maybe if you got tank and a healer in cataclysm epics you can try it without, but still it would hurt you and your healers mana a lot!

I scoffed at people who instituted one wipe rules during LK because you could essentially complete any heroic with any random bunch of scrubs the LFD tool assembled. This is not so anymore. The changes to tanking and healing have made it impossible to carry 1 let alone 2 or 3 bad players. Cataclysm has been out for 3 weeks. If you don't know the dungeons by now, you probably won't ever. So I'm issuing this list of rules all pugs so you know what you'll be getting in the future.

1. One wipe rule. I simply refuse to try and carry you anymore. You don't pull your weight and the group wipes because of it. I'm out and in another group in 2 seconds flat. No exceptions.

2. Boss Strategies. If you haven't completed every heroic yet, you should definitely invest in some research on the boss fights for each heroic you will be running. I don't have time to explain your role in each and every boss fight. If you don't know your role in a fight, you should find out what it is in advance and should not be queueing for that dungeon otherwise.

3. Trash. I'm geared enough as a tank now that I'm fairly capable to AoE tank roughly any pull in heroics even with a slightly undergeared healer. You don't like this? Too bad. I'll likely be chain pulling too so I suggest you take your mana break when the healer takes there's. If they have mana and you don't, I'm pulling with or without you.

4. Crowd Control. When running with a geared tank, you will rarely need crowd control as the tank can absorb the majority of damage put out by 5 and even 6 mob pulls, but in the unlikely event that some sort of CC is advised for a pull the CC target will be marked with a diamond, a circle, or a moon. If you have any CC available, I suggest you use on said target lest you cause a wipe and be returned to Rule #1.

5. DPS. If you're continually dying on every other pull or even every boss fight, do not expect me to stick around too long. If you consistently prove to me that you fail and are likely to cause a full party wipe in the future, it's likely that you don't deserve to have me carry you and I may potentially leave for no reason at all other than you're not pulling your own weight.

Research boss strats. Understand trash pull mechanics. Assist off of me. CC what is marked for CC and don't break CC. Know your class and your role in the group.

That is all.
    Arrogance, utter, utter, arrogance. People like you are a bigger problem with random pugs than people who simply need to learn some things. Do the rest of us a favor, stop pugging.

Another holier-than-thou tank.
    If you are so efficient, experienced and geared, then where is your guild?
    Filter the nonsense and laugh at what's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Valicen View Post
    Congrats. You can do an armory search and find a character I clearly don't play anymore and am clearly not running Cataclysm heroics on! Do you need a cookie? xD

OP is just another elitist scrub tank who is the reason that pugs fail.

Or he could just be a troll? :__D
    Hi

It ends here. It may have been possible to discuss the rules but neither the OP nor the mob wants to do it. Pack your pitchforks and torches. No more flaming here.