So how is PVP treating shadow?

I did a search of quite a few topics but I couldnt find all the answers that I was looking for so I thought I would start a new thread. I was mainly interested in seeing how shadow was doing at 85 as it sits now. I have around 100K honor kills between all my toons, I traditionally played my shammy and pally during BC and WOTLK. I mostly do Bgs but I have done arena as well. I'm mostly a casual player just looking for something fun to pass the time. I have not yet had a chance to hit 85 on my priest as real life has been keeping me busy. I was looking at doing some PVP on my priest as a nice change of pace from the shammy and pally. However I couldnt find much in the way of what people have been seeing at 85. In no order I guess:

1. Is shadow competative in arena as it sits now? Or is it pretty much only a factor in certain comps?
    2. How is survivability? I was a little dissapointed in my elemental shammy as warriors could just tear me up. Although, I do not have very good gear atm, item level 336 is my average I believe. With no res. gear at all, just havn't had time yet.
    3. Is mana a large issue? I couldnt get a feel on my shammy as I died quite often lol.
    4. Would you say its been an enjoyable experience so far in pvp for shadow or has it been aggrivating?

Most of the posts I've read were not really helpful, mostly just complaining. I was hoping to gather some insight since most have been 85 for a week or two now. Any feedback is always appreciated and tyvm in advance.

Mage is your best friend seriously.Didn't have any luck without one (sp/rog/sham KINDA worked).Trainning was never enjoyable for me but start to getting used to it after 2 expansions.