Deleted

Abilities, attacks and rotation

Hi, i recently created a warrior and now im starting to unlock new abilities (level 27) making thing much more fun. I'm taking the protection tree but not sure on what abilies i should be using, what is the main attack you use as a filler?, for example a warlock may be shadow bolt or a mage arcane blast etc..

Also when tanking i normally hit a target with rend then thunderstomp so all targets are effected (with talent), then use sunder armour (think that the name reduces armour 4% stacks 3 times) to keep threat. I then use heroic strike if i have spare rage or cleave if there is more than one mob whilst tab targeting and taunting any that i lose agro on.

This works well 9/10 times but im still not sure if it's the 'right' way to do it. Remember im new and low level so im sorry if what i typed is complete nonsense and wrong.

dont forget to shield slam targets, and if I read correctly, the extra threat boost from Devestate ( the sunder + damage prot ability ) was removed so you need to fill blank spots with other abilities, just unfortunately I dont know which ones are and arent available at 27 compared to an 80-85 warrior. Other then that you have the jist of tanking down as a warrior. Use Shouts as well ( commanding or battle, depending on the need or if one's buff is already given by another member of the group ) to give rage if your running low
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply, i only have 1 shout at the moment, it gives you a little rage and increase strength and agility i think, i don't have devistate either.

So it's ok to use rend as my main attack on mobs when questing? Or is it just a DoT and should only be refreshed when it's duration is up? If not im not sure what else to use, heroic strike cost 30 rage and it takes quite a while to build that up.

Single target: Shield slam > sunder armor. excess rage use heroic strike.

Aoe spread rend - thunder clap on CD - Shield slam > sunder armor --excess rage

At level 39 you obtain devastate - at this point you should remove sunder armor from your bar and use this instead.

At level 40 you gain revenge which you should prioritize above Shield slam until you obtain the talent sword and board - which then you will go back to Shield slam > revenge > sunder armor.

at 52 you obtain Demoralizing Shout - which is a shout used to reduce dmg taken.

at 69 you obtain Shockwave - use this in the same manor and in conjunction as thunder clap to help build AOE threat and stunning the mobs to give your healer a few seconds to catch up to INC dmg. (can also be used to interrupt some spells).

Single Target Overview/Progression
    Shield slam > sunder armor
    Shield slam > revenge > sunder armor
    Shield slam > revenge > devastate

General Priority for AoE Threat
    Rend-Tclap-Shockwave - revenge - cleave ----- spend fillers interrupting/stunning and tab targeting to help maintain threat on the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    Thanks for the reply, i only have 1 shout at the moment, it gives you a little rage and increase strength and agility i think, i don't have devistate either.

So it's ok to use rend as my main attack on mobs when questing? Or is it just a DoT and should only be refreshed when it's duration is up? If not im not sure what else to use, heroic strike cost 30 rage and it takes quite a while to build that up.
    Rend is just a bleed/DoT, not an actual attack. Heroic strike should be your filler together with shield slam

Deleted
    Very useful, thanks very much. That exactly what i was after.