Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's like that for most classes, they have this one class or these few classes that you have a really tough time against. Me as elemental shaman have a rather easy time against mages, while facing rogues is next to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    This has been said by the designers themselves, and it should also be common knowledge *apparently not* PvP isn't designed or balanced around 1v1, it's not balanced around battlegrounds. It's balanced for skilled teams in arena. Some classes just can't compete against other classes in PvP 1 on 1. In TBC find an elemental shaman and tell them to win vs any class.
    Someone missed out on the world breaking news of Rated Battleground? Don't come and tell me Blizzard is focusing more on balance in arena rather than having both as equally balanced as possible, also considering they grant the same rewards.

Your right about WoW is not balanced for 1v1, it never has been, never will, nor would I want it to be. But it's not all about arena.
    Last edited by mmoc1df88a5b9d; 2010-12-31 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    ask for watah so you instantly get on the emotional highground.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post

My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff
    You are either the most obvious troll in history, or the biggest idiot I've ever seen on any forum, EVER...

jesus christ dude!
    Meh

Roll a hunter or a warlock if you want to stomp mages 1v1.

Otherwise, as has been said above, its a team game. Mages counter melee classes, especially ret paladins.

so its normal that mage can solo 5 other players?
    They don't. If they do, the people the mage is fighting has to be blind. If I EVER meet a frost mage and I have another person with me (meaing we are 2 v 1) I ALLWAYS win, no matter if I play warr, shaman, hunter etc. There is just no way 5 persons with a intact brain and working hand to eye coordination is gonna lose to any spec that has ever existed in the game, ever. No way...

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    There is a reason my ret spec has a /golfclap macro button.

Um, no, blizz eliminated hard counter classes wayyyyyyy back when. Gear being equal, the better player should always win design wise, but they're not done balancing yet.

The main issue with frost mages right now is their ability to root/snare stacked with their mobility. When a DK can't even take one down, there is an issue...
    Yet a good hunter can still do it.
    Don't think you know how this class balance works:P
    On my warr I can kill shadowpriests pretty often, yet on my hunter I have a MUCH harder time, still on my hunter I beat mages easilier then on my warr...hmmm..
    Meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    They don't. If they do, the people the mage is fighting has to be blind. If I EVER meet a frost mage and I have another person with me (meaing we are 2 v 1) I ALLWAYS win, no matter if I play warr, shaman, hunter etc. There is just no way 5 persons with a intact brain and working hand to eye coordination is gonna lose to any spec that has ever existed in the game, ever. No way...
    Ever heard of the famous mage Vurtne? If not, look him up. Also it's not that uncommon to take down two people singlehandedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    When did DK's get blink?
    Dark Simulactrum

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lorados View Post
    Ever heard of the famous mage Vurtne? If not, look him up. Also it's not that uncommon to take down two people singlehandedly.
    Ye I've watched his vids, and I've seenn how horrible bad the people he is fighting is. Those movies are for entertainment, not to show mad skills vs good opponents. people not having a trinket, never using cc, never doing anything in fact. AMAZING.
    Meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Not to be mean or anything. But suggestions aren't supposed to be placed here since blizzard staff don't read this...
    ROFL LOL LMAO

people who don't put here any suggestions are immediatelly labeled as trolls or QQ'ers....
    OP puts here his own suggestions how to nerf this fucking class (which is obviously IMBA for last 1,5 year) and immediately gets slammed by answer that Blizzard is not reading local forums so "why he bothers with suggestions??"... (well, he bothers cuz 99% of fucktards having profiles here would call him 'troll' instantly)

OF COURSE BLIZZARD IS NOT READING ANYTHING WRITTEN IN HERE!! THEY ARE NOT READING THEIR OWN FORUMS EITHER FFS!!!
    IF THEY DID THE WHOLE GAME WOULD LOOK ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT....

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    haha, i really had to laugh! remove one of the core-elements of the mage. we have been that way for the last 6 years, and now you come to the conclusion to remove blink? go play a different game please...

tip:
    if you see a mage, cry for help or run for your life! ;-)
    Haha. Nerdrage. So, you actually admit that one fucking ability makes you win?? If so, then you admit your class is not about skill but about Blink... (which is truth btw... because even moron can win a duel as a frost mage)

Good frost mage can win easily even without blink... soooooo....

You admit you ARE so bad that you could not win without blink?.... You have a million of snare abilities, moron + polymorph + spellsteal... L2P

My suggestion: remove BLINK.... or give it 1min cooldown... like sprint ability for rogues...

My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff
    lol@ removing blink
    OT: you kill him and he dies...

srsly OT: you can't just ask for a nerf because of your class, then mages will whine cause they are too underpowered, then they nerf some other class that owns them, and so on... it has to be a general overpowered thing to nerf a class, not specific classes.
    what comp are you playing btw?

Deleted
    How the hell am i supposed to defeat mage as ret paladin?!
    defeat mage
    Mages have a stupidly large advantage against ret paladins, you shouldn't really expect to beat one unless you have help. All I can say is don't use wings 'cos he'll steal them for increased damage. If you're in a BG just LoS him constantly, when (if) he blinks to try and keep you in LoS stun him and unleash hell.

How do you blink as DK i wonder?
    Goblin DK most likely. He'll be using his racial as a form of "blink".

I laughed, so hard.

So So So So So hard.

The ret paladin: with the instant full heals, bubbles, mounted speed boost, self cleansing, hand of freedom, stuns, sleeps, great melee dps with ranged spell capabilities, The bane of wow pvp at the end of tbc and beginning of wotlk.

You have no right to address cooldown or nerf concerns of any class. Seriously, take being kited and spellstolen and spanked like a man.

I love seeing butthurt melee dps qq'ing over blink. keep it coming.

Deleted
    the only way is to pillar kite.

How the hell am i supposed to defeat mage as ret paladin?!
    The only winning move is not to play.

Deleted
    Resi will fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    Dark Simulactrum

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 03:58 PM ----------

Ye I've watched his vids, and I've seenn how horrible bad the people he is fighting is. Those movies are for entertainment, not to show mad skills vs good opponents. people not having a trinket, never using cc, never doing anything in fact. AMAZING.
    About the trinket part, you do know there was no such thing as a PvP trinket right? The closest thing to it was class based, and dispelled different things depening on what class you were. (Talking about the time he was at his top, Vanilla.)
    Also it's not that the people he face is bad, it's that he has such amazing control over them that they can't do anything about it. That's what PvP is about after all, control. You control the opponent you win. (In this case, control does not necessarily mean crowd control only, even if that's a part of it.)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How the hell am i supposed to defeat mage as ret paladin?! i stun him - he blinks, i pop wings for ranged attack he takes them from me, he is freezing me in place every second and im OOM dispelling, if he gets to trouble he polymorphs me - blinks and heal himself to 100% ( by this time i usually dont have bubble or trinkter ready) If i fight good mage i can barely touch him, if i duel average mage i can him him few times, if i duel retard mage i still have very little chance of defeating him.

I have problems with many classes now as ret paladin but mages are just IMPOSSIBLE. Sometimes in Tol barad 5 people cant kill mage!!! I wonder how you guys deal with them if it is even any possibility of defeating them. People say retadins were OP in WLK but they were far from OP comparing with state of mages now!

Wow, so much QQ,

More fixes, all players have to bg naked and fight with bare fists. Also all special abilities will be locked out for the duration of the BG. Tada i just balanced the game to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    This has been said by the designers themselves, and it should also be common knowledge *apparently not* PvP isn't designed or balanced around 1v1, it's not balanced around battlegrounds. It's balanced for skilled teams in arena. Some classes just can't compete against other classes in PvP 1 on 1. In TBC find an elemental shaman and tell them to win vs any class.
    you obviously are an expansion behind. they've said numerous times leading up to Cata that Rated BG's balance will be their focus.

and anyone that pretends 1:1 balance deosn't matter is stupid, including Blizzard, altho they tend to jump around that question by saying they try to keep it balanced as best they can.

Deleted
    All mages are saying is : ''We're fine L2P''

What about a mage inform us noobs how a skilled ret paladin can kill a equally skilled mage?
    My main is ret.I HAVE an alt mage myself.
    And I can say with confidence that the only time I'll ever lose agaisn't any kind of paladin,no matter what his skill and his gear is when I'm either afking or he's got a buddy to help him.
    Mage counters the paladin in EVERY way.As a paladin you have to do maximum effort only to get in melee range with the mage.Staying in melee with that same mage for more then a few seconds is way beyond the paladin class.

You can go on and say this game is not 1v1 but teamplay.Thats bs,any paladin you see with high arena ratings,is a paladin that got carried by his teammates.

Deleted

All mages are saying is : ''We're fine L2P''

What about a mage inform us noobs how a skilled ret paladin can kill a equally skilled mage?
    My main is ret.I HAVE an alt mage myself.
    And I can say with confidence that the only time I'll ever lose agaisn't any kind of paladin,no matter what his skill and his gear is when I'm either afking or he's got a buddy to help him.
    Mage counters the paladin in EVERY way.As a paladin you have to do maximum effort only to get in melee range with the mage.Staying in melee with that same mage for more then a few seconds is way beyond the paladin class.

You can go on and say this game is not 1v1 but teamplay.Thats bs,any paladin you see with high arena ratings,is a paladin that got carried by his teammates.

This is a paladin problem, not a mage problem.
    Meh