Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Meta Gem question

I have looked and been unable to locate info on what exactly we need to do to activate our meta gems now. The new cata meta gem and the old WotLK meta list the requirement as more blue than red.

Does this mean we need to be stacking purple gems and gimp our agility? Every thing I have seen says we stack agility like always but then what are we using for a meta?

Deleted
    Try finding some of the old wotlk 21crit/minor speed metas. They're activated easily and free up 35agi/boots enchant.
    After they fix the ridicolous meta requirements for the crit dmg one, we'll revert to that one + 25agi+speed/boots, but until then either try finding that wotlk meta or don't care for it; should you go for the +crit dmg meta you'll lose so much agi on correct gemming that you'll end up with a huge net loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh i use mastery + run speed. Req 2xyellows (aka orange agi.crit) but meh

How about the 54 crit/1% spellreflect meta? Requires 2 red gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbalah View Post
    That's what I've been using!

I was way over hit cap and removed my hit trinket with another trinket. Which then put way under hit. So instead of getting hit via gear. I gemmed for hit which let me meet the requirements.

For now, it's a toss up between Fleet Shadowspirit or Destructive Shadowspirit. If Destructive Shadowspirit becomes the choice, then there's some new runspeed to boot enchants as well that can fill that hole.

I've personally settled on Destructive Shadowspirit, as Lavawalker isn't too awfully expensive as Maelstorm crystal prices start to slowly drop.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by danielakatoxic View Post
    I was way over hit cap and removed my hit trinket with another trinket. Which then put way under hit. So instead of getting hit via gear. I gemmed for hit which let me meet the requirements.
    Reforge for hit, gemming for hit is generally going to be a DPS loss because it means you aren't gemming for agility.

Here's your winner...until and if Blizz makes any fixes to the requirements

10+ Year Old Account
    I use fleet because, well, maelstrom crystals are obscene and extremely rare on my server, so Assassin's step is out as an enchant for now.

Believe it or not, I feel Thundering Skyflare Diamond to be the best meta at the moment. As far as Meta Gems go, the thing you are looking for is always the second boost, not the first. The +54 crit rating is nice, but i can get a yellow gem with +40 crit and a socket bonus of +30 agi. The Thundering, however, has about the same chance to proc as any the heroic ilvl 346 trinkets, and increases haste rating by approximately 500 for 5 seconds. It does require one blue gem, but if you find a socket that has a beneficial socket bonus, going with a +hit gem would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    Here's your winner...until and if Blizz makes any fixes to the requirements
    GL paying your leg to get a run speed to boots enchant....

Quote Originally Posted by iamhere3 View Post
    Believe it or not, I feel Thundering Skyflare Diamond to be the best meta at the moment. As far as Meta Gems go, the thing you are looking for is always the second boost, not the first. The +54 crit rating is nice, but i can get a yellow gem with +40 crit and a socket bonus of +30 agi. The Thundering, however, has about the same chance to proc as any the heroic ilvl 346 trinkets, and increases haste rating by approximately 500 for 5 seconds. It does require one blue gem, but if you find a socket that has a beneficial socket bonus, going with a +hit gem would be worth it.
    ^^ I agree, I use the Thundering Skyflare.

Run Speed enchant not needed if you are good and know that fight well ^^

Deleted
    Thundering skyflare is a bit iffy since haste doesn't directly affect our damage, it just lets us fit more focus regenning shots between signature abilities. I would definitely go for the mastery/runspeed one until they re-enable Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond.

I went looking for a lvl 80 thundering Skyflare Diamond. Cost me about a tenth of the price of any 85 metas, and only required getting 1 blue. Granted I have no testing to back up my reasoning beyond my personal gold spent and a lack of desire to regem my dk's gear out of all the str gems.

I might be on a dk but the meta says it has a chance to increases melee/ranged attack speed so i'd figure I'd mention it (and the fact that it only requires 1 blue/red/yellow each).

Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Thundering skyflare is a bit iffy since haste doesn't directly affect our damage, it just lets us fit more focus regenning shots between signature abilities. I would definitely go for the mastery/runspeed one until they re-enable Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond.
    It also increases your (and your pet's) attack speed, which does directly affect your damage. Haste isn't a great stat, but it's better than mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    Eh, however I know Al'Akir fight pretty well, I sometimes miss the +run speed when I get sucked into vortex because of missing by like... 2 or 3 steps.

This makes the most sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    Getting from point A to B would make the run speed even MORE effective if you know the fight "well," no?

Moving from point A to point B faster is indirectly a dps increase when you spend less time moving.
    If do not like it, then just fine but do not dismiss what is commonly accepted as useful to others.