Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Secundary spec.

Yes, it is ok to roll on secondary spec items. Everybody does it, some kids whine about it, but the whining wont change it from happening.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Anyone ever heard of reforging?? =P I guess not. Btw Haste is not a terrible stat for healers, I need to be able to keep tanks up when they are going down fast or when dps is droppin like rocks. Just because I can cast fast doesnt mean I have to be spamming heals, and holy paladin mastery is the worst thing ever so why would I get that. Spirit>Haste/Crit>Mastery for holy paladins but even if a gear that has mastery on it and not spirit drops, I can reforge some of the mastery to spirit. This thread is silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xionor View Post
    Haste is not useful in any way for any class at the moment, no matter what the guys above say to excuse themselves.

At the current state of limited mana, Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster. And since you cannot just spam heals anymore, a much better way to increase your spells' "potency" is to get crit or mastery instead.
    Not sure if serious ?

Or just a TROLLOL TROLLOL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Following your logic, you are ninjaing their healing gear if you need on an item without hit.

Now, repeat after me:

Just because an item does not have spirit on it does not mean it is a DPS item.
    Just because an item does not have hit on it does not mean it is a healer item.

And you don't have any more right than the healer to roll on it. Being selfish to try and "get back" at people for rolling on gear they have just as much right to as you is pretty sad.
    There is enough gear with spirit for healers, there is enough gear for dps withougt spirit. Everytime i see anyone complain about healing, I check their gear, and guess what, all dps gear that's been reforged with spirit. 40% of the spirit they could have had, you know, rolling on healing items.

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Anyone ever heard of reforging?? =P I guess not. Btw Haste is not a terrible stat for healers, I need to be able to keep tanks up when they are going down fast or when dps is droppin like rocks. Just because I can cast fast doesnt mean I have to be spamming heals, and holy paladin mastery is the worst thing ever so why would I get that. Spirit>Haste/Crit>Mastery for holy paladins but even if a gear that has mastery on it and not spirit drops, I can reforge some of the mastery to spirit. This thread is silly.
    So you're saying that a healer with all gear that they reforged to have spirit is as capable of sustaining mana as a healer with all or mostly spirit gear? I don't know how your server works, but on my server reforging only allows 40% of a stat to be reforged. What would you rather have as a healer 400 spirit or 1000 spirit?
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    There is enough gear with spirit for healers, there is enough gear for dps withougt spirit. Everytime i see anyone complain about healing, I check their gear, and guess what, all dps gear that's been reforged with spirit. 40% of the spirit they could have had, you know, rolling on healing items.

So you're saying that a healer with all gear that they reforged to have spirit is as capable of sustaining mana as a healer with all or mostly spirit gear? I don't know how your server works, but on my server reforging only allows 40% of a stat to be reforged. What would you rather have as a healer 400 spirit or 1000 spirit?
    I am going to assume that you have never played a healer. If you decide to stack mana regen in every slot you will be a worse healer than someone who manages and balances their stats properly, since you will have horrible throughput. Spirit is only useful to prevent going OOM. If you have mana left over at the end of a boss fight, you could have given up some Spirit in exchange for more throughput, more haste so you can cast your efficent heal more easily (oh look, a "dps stat" giving mana efficency) or more Crit for an occasional bonus to your heal meaning you won't need to follow it up with a second heal (hey, even more mana efficency from a "dps stat"). Unless you are OOM at the end of an encounter then it means you could have safely gone without some of your Spirit.

Not that it really matters, decent guilds already know this and there is no way for you to stop me from rolling on an item with intellect and throughput in a random instance.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Haste is very bad for healers atm, so an item with Sta/Int + Crit/Mastery is better than an item with Sta/Int/Spi + Haste right now.
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

simple, because dps rolls on the spirit gear. one run, i passed 2 items that had stam/int to the caster dps. on the last boss a spirit item dropped which i rolled need on but the caster also needed and won it...blizz should change the dice so when certain gear drops, the need button is greyed unless the main user for that item in the group greeded or passed. i'm seeing dps ninjaing tank gear etc...the half assed cant roll on gear you dont primarily wear or cant wear needs to be redone to account for the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I am going to assume that you have never played a healer. If you decide to stack mana regen in every slot you will be a worse healer than someone who manages and balances their stats properly, since you will have horrible throughput. Spirit is only useful to prevent going OOM. If you have mana left over at the end of a boss fight, you could have given up some Spirit in exchange for more throughput, more haste so you can cast your efficent heal more easily (oh look, a "dps stat" giving mana efficency) or more Crit for an occasional bonus to your heal meaning you won't need to follow it up with a second heal (hey, even more mana efficency from a "dps stat"). Unless you are OOM at the end of an encounter then it means you could have safely gone without some of your Spirit.

Not that it really matters, decent guilds already know this and there is no way for you to stop me from rolling on an item with intellect and throughput in a random instance.
    So you're not able to reforge your extra spirit to another stat? I do have a healer. I do also though realize that there is plenty of gear out there. If you had every healing piece just from heroics/rep you could have 3 individual sets of gear. Seeing as that should be a sufficient amount of gear to find to get you geared for raid, why roll on something else? As long as healers wil roll on nonspirit items to upgrade, I am in full support of dps rolling on spirit items if it is an upgrade. Just so you know, even before reforging, a 346 healing staff is better than a 333 dps staff.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    In heroics: As boomkins and shadow priests would roll on spirit, so should a healer be able to roll on Stamina+Int.

In a guild/raid: Healers should not be given prio on Stam+Int items.
    I was under the impression there was no leather with hit on it, and shadow priests get hit from spirit.. so it's the same stat (for them anyway).

Haste is not useful in any way for any class at the moment, no matter what the guys above say to excuse themselves.

At the current state of limited mana, Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster. And since you cannot just spam heals anymore, a much better way to increase your spells' "potency" is to get crit or mastery instead.

Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster if you cast the same spells in chain without pause. What haste really does for you is allow you to cast more of your cheaper direct heal for higher HPS and lower HPM since you less frequently have to go to your more expensive heals.

You are wrong...Just because cast is faster it doesnt mean u have to use more heals to loose more mana.

Reforging another stat into spirit is like me rolling on a spirit item to reforge it to hit, except healers get some usefulness out of whatever they reforge out of.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-01-02 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is very bad for healers atm
    What have u been smokin man, Haste FTW!!

Deleted
    Haste is very bad for healers atm
    I lol'd.

to OP: Healers have all rights to roll on items with int, except items with hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I lol'd.
    then we are loling togheter!

Haste is very bad for healers atm, so an item with Sta/Int + Crit/Mastery is better than an item with Sta/Int/Spi + Haste right now.

In the other cases of rolling - they're just selfish greedy people like most of WoW is nowadays.
    Haste is the best stat for Resto druids hands down until you get to about the third benchmark.

As to those who are rolling on that type of gear--perhaps it's because it's legitimately an upgrade for them at that moment. Remember we can now reforge an item so you can put spirit on it. Also, maybe some of those people are needing for offspec (greedy if they don't announce it) but it's still an option.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Aren't there talents to convert spirit to hit? At least for some casters?

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    So you're not able to reforge your extra spirit to another stat? I do have a healer. I do also though realize that there is plenty of gear out there. If you had every healing piece just from heroics/rep you could have 3 individual sets of gear. Seeing as that should be a sufficient amount of gear to find to get you geared for raid, why roll on something else? As long as healers wil roll on nonspirit items to upgrade, I am in full support of dps rolling on spirit items if it is an upgrade. Just so you know, even before reforging, a 346 healing staff is better than a 333 dps staff.
    Lol what are you even arguing about???
    Yes there may be plenty of healing gear out there but just because it doesn't have Spirit on it doesn't mean it's not a healing item. Also does anyone complain at dps for rolling on Spirit gear? I don't and I don't see why people would... I mean just because it has spirit on it doesn't mean its a completely useless item. "even before reforging, a 346 healing staff is better than a 333 dps staff." Well, I doubt that, but after reforging a 346 healing staff is probably better than a 333 dps staff, so why wouldn't dps roll on it? Isn't this a big reason why they made reforging? Truthfully on my holy paladin i've reforged some of the spirit on my gear into Haste since I find Haste a lot more useful in raiding. Especially since haste is so amazing with Holy Radiance <3<3<3

If Blizzards puts in spirit quest rewards, spirit rep rewards and when DPS stops rolling on spirit items I will stop rolling on "DPS" cloth. Until then I will hit need on every cloth item thats better, even with hit on it.
    In a very frustrated manner.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Deleted

Haste gives dots more ticks for the same duration. Druid healers use Lifebloom, Rejuv, Wild Growth, Regrowth. We also rely on a slow casting heal to refresh our Lifebloom on tanks. Tell me again where haste is useless?