assassination rogue with rocket boots

Seeing as the assassination tree seems limited in mobility at this moment, has anyone played mut as a goblin seen results with rocket boots?
    Can be used as a gap closer, allowing you to sit on any mage that blinks or any other situation of the same sort.
    I would like some real concrete experience. The racial ability, although on a 2 min cd could possibly make a difference.
    Could even be used up to 3 or 4 times in a match, ( longest match I've played thus far was 7 mins).
    I have no problem with dishing out the money for it, also do not mind changing off of an undead.
    I really just need to know if any one at all has found this to be very helpful, possibly clunky still or not worth it?
    Seen a lot of worgen rogues, their extra sprint is nice, but no way am I playing alliance. Rocket boots seems like a good 2nd.
    Advance and Vanquish

It doesn't make a difference when you can be rooted, but otherwise it's a very good ability.

It's pretty nice, Rocket Barrage is, as well. Goblin Rogue is always fun, though.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Meh, not the responses I am looking for.

Obviously a rocket jump wont do anything when you are rooted. A hunter can't disengage when he is rooted either, but the ability helps them a lot.
    But how about as soon as you get out of the root? Has Rocket jumping been allowing you goblin rogues to close that gap?

I don't care if it is nice or if it is fun. I want solid concrete experience, where you have used this move to actually put an advantage back in your hand.
    Advance and Vanquish

Using it to LoS incoming Damage.
    Using it while slowed still propels you at normal speed, allowing you to get out of a lot of tough situations.
    Gap closing, as you said, obviously.
    But as Coke said, its worthless while youre rooted.

As to completely changing the course of a fight? Lol, no.
    The closest thing you can get to that is jumping off the edge of Sewers or BE and jumping back, allowing your Healer to top you.

Of course itll close gaps. But coupled with Mutilate's already crap mobility and it being on a 2m CD, it can only help so much.

Rocket jump is by far the best racial for an assassination rogue imo, in regards to when/how I use it, after a mages blink, to get out of a sticky advantage, any situation where you are being kited and not rooted it can work in your favour, and the best part about it...even if your slowed it doesnt slow you down, you jump at the same speed, hence its a superior gap closer to lets say "sprint, or rockets boots".

This is all in my own opinion, I am no gladiator but i do play as a muti rogue in arena at 2.3 tr/pr and 2.5 k mmr if that would prove any weight for my opinion.

GL HF

P.S Personal preference is the name of the game!
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

ive actually found the rocket boost more usefull vs pushback effects, as soon as the class pops the pushback and run the opposite direction i pop rocket boost and continue the beat down

Isn't Will of the Forsaken at least just as good, if not better? Though I'm simply leveling a goblin and don't play one at 85, I don't find their usable racials any kind of overpowered.

Deleted
    It's had it's moments where it's helped me get the final kill in 2s but no more than any other racial probably could have in its own way. Seems more useful to jump behind LoS to stop some hard incoming damage, or getting over frost traps. All in all I like it, I'm completely underwhelmed by the rocket barrage though, 11k AP and it hits about 3k damage and wastes a jump CD at the same time.

Edit: It's also an excellent counter to disengage as the range is just close enough to stay within melee.

Now these are better responses, that I had hoped for.
    I know that this is not a fix to the mut tree at all.
    I just want to close a gap, just the way Bankrupt was explaining. A mage blinks, and you are back on them.
    I play with a priest, who hopefully ( and not always gunna happen but..) dispels my fears. So I do not mind losing Will of the forsaken.
    Just having one extra tool to stick to someone is all I want. I know how terrain and everything works as well, as I have played a hunter in the past.

To escape an incoming attack and LoS also seems very nice. I think so far I am leaning the way of going gobo.

In no way do I plan on doing this to make myself look better then i actually am, OR to make myself feel better about myself when i lose.
    It is just in terms of utility.
    Last edited by zaf; 2011-01-03 at 03:27 AM.
    Advance and Vanquish

Deleted
    I am a goblin, and i must say... I can kill/outplay frost mages with it ;D! Garrot->Blink, Cloak,attack->Ice block->stealth->garrot->blink->Trinket deep freeze(?)-> ice block (cold snap) rocket JUMP kill ^^, Problem mobility?

I find Rocket Jump as a rogue to be extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ely View Post
    I am a goblin, and i must say... I can kill/outplay frost mages with it ;D! Garrot->Blink, Cloak,attack->Ice block->stealth->garrot->blink->Trinket deep freeze(?)-> ice block (cold snap) rocket JUMP kill ^^, Problem mobility?
    Dang you didn't even get nova'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    my 2s partner race changed to goblin for the rocket jump (and other racials) and yeah we're 1800 in 2s he plays assass.

roll gnome/human rogue engineer, problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Dang you didn't even get nova'd.
    '
    i think he cloaked the nova

Deleted
    Playing a goblin rogue myself and I'd gladly swap this rocket jump for gnome racial any day. It's really not that good, chances are you'll be in a nova after a blink, or atleast slowed so even if you manage to jump you're still going to be several yards away from the mage or whatever is kiting you.

10+ Year Old Account
    and here I thought this was gonna be about engineers :\

It depends on how well you actually use it. I've seen some people use it terribly (Good job launching yourself off a cliff in AB, seen several do that trying to jump to the flag), but I've also seen a lot actually use it for a nice gap closer.

So yea. I already race changed to a goblin. It was definately worth it.
    Advance and Vanquish