Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Am I wrong for expecting to be told which target to hex?

so im in deadmines, and we've just killed foe reaper, we get to the defias and the tank throws up a bunch of marks on the mobs. this is the first time hes done anything other than mark a skull. he asks if me and the mage can "hex and sheep and shit" and the mage asks if the star is sheep and he says something about stars in the sky. he moves on not giving anyone an answer and pulls the group. the triangle and star charge him and land right in his consecrate, preventing CC, and the skull was on a blood mage.

After the fight the tank's friend asks me if i know how to hex and if it is even on my bars and i said that i wasn't told what to hex. Then the tank asks me if i want him to play my character for me?

is there some kind of new expectation to just cc a random mark rather than the group leader telling you what he expects?

/end rant

if you can cc, do it. I agree that the leader doesn't have to mark etc. since heroics take long enough as it is. just cc anything as soon as he pulls or when something is loose.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    If he takes time to mark he should take time to say who CC's what.

Sounds like a bad tank IMO.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Would be nice if the tank marked [I do when I tank], but as anyone can mark ... just cc things you know are badass [you learn them from the regular verions if there is one]. Casters are very good targets for cc

Deleted
    Why even CC in DM. -_-

But you should been told in advance that i.e "shaman diamond is your bind/hex".

In my ears sounds like a failadintank.

It is fastest and safest imo to give each cc a mark at the start of the instance and let them mark what they want to cc themselves if the tank doesn't want to do it. Otherwise there's a good chance you end up with one mob cc'd several times.

Deleted
    things like CC should be discussed in advance. even if it is as simple as "triangle is hex, moon is sheep, star is sap" that's said at the start, say it. if you aren't the tank or the one marking, then ask about CC marks before you start. either way, you couldn't have helped it. if it is really as you stated (he suddenly started to ask for CC where he didn't use before), then it's his fault for not clarifying. this is not LK, where CC can be put on anything and nothing, but more like TBC, where CC is needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, if he doesn't tell you what he wan't cc'd then how are you supposed to know? I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikozz View Post
    Why even CC in DM. -_-

But you should been told in advance that i.e "shaman diamond is your bind/hex".

In my ears sounds like a failadintank.
    This. If he marks, he should be telling you what the marks mean.

Really, the only time when you should be expected to CC without being told is when a) A CC'er dies, and the tank isn't ready to pick up that mob, or b) you pull another pack.

There is no excuse for a tank to mark mobs, tell you to CC, and fail to mention what to mark. I mean, it literally takes two words - "Triangle Hex" or "Circle Hex".

TLDR - Tank was a dick. Wasn't your fault.

As a tank I always give them a kill order at the start and who's CC targets are what. Even if I don't use all of them I.still say them. I takes all of 20 seconds to type mage get this and extra get that.

Depending on what marks are up, and what classes you have, you can follow a general rule. CC the icon that is your class color. So Rogue's would Sap {star} because Rogue is yellow and {star} is yellow, etc. Otherwise, go with the color that best represents the spell. For example, a Hunter could assume to trap {square} because blue is a good representation of freezing, or in your case, Shaman would hex {diamond} because curses are purple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like to mark everything real quick.(takes about 3 seconds with an addon like Lucky Charms.) It gives me an idea of what is CCed, and where they are so I can be careful not to break it.

The tank you had sounds like a moron, if he really wanted you to CC something, he should have let you, or the mage, pull with your hex/sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    if you can cc, do it. I agree that the leader doesn't have to mark etc. since heroics take long enough as it is. just cc anything as soon as he pulls or when something is loose.
    Which is exactly why most heroic randomgroups disconnect on the first trash. If you are too lazy to write a Macro ONCE as a tank which tells the group what mark to CC then you are not inthe position to expect the group to decide EVERY pull what target is MAYBE worthwhile to be CCed. Especially when there are multiple CCs in your group you want to make sure there is a smooth and fast CC set up instead of messy sheep-hex-sapping going on.

Okey you can say the tank is bad as people are saying here, and im not disagreing.

Then again, you can always call out that you will cc "whatevermarkyouwanttocc" and thus avoiding the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post

This what usually happens. If a tank puts marks on everything, skull, x, square, star, etc etc he should have said mage sheep star & shammy hex square otherwise just cc something (usually a caster)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytus View Post
    Depending on what marks are up, and what classes you have, you can follow a general rule. CC the icon that is your class color. So Rogue's would Sap {star} because Rogue is yellow and {star} is yellow, etc. Otherwise, go with the color that best represents the spell. For example, a Hunter could assume to trap {square} because blue is a good representation of freezing, or in your case, Shaman would hex {diamond} because curses are purple.
    Back before LFG, different realms had different standards. Now, playing with people from all over the place, you can't assume things like that. I wouldn't assume hex to be diamond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xunae View Post
    the mage asks if the star is sheep and he says something about stars in the sky
    I think it is something that you missed. Doesn't seem to me that the tank was in the error, you should ask question when you don't know. especially when it comes to CC'ing...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post

I definitely agree.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

I am a tank. I get beat on so others may live and kill the thing that is beating on me. In the words of charles Barkley I am not a ROLE MODEL nor am I a leader.

I dont want to be a leader and there is no rule that says I have to be the leader.

CCing is up to the CCing class. We are a team and I hope my teammates do as I attempt to do and adjust for each other. If there is a mob that needs to be CCd CC it. If the group is going well and there needs to be no CC then dont CC.

I always let the healer know it is their choice if CC is required.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytus View Post
    That shit isnt too stupid. I like it. But then again like the moderator said, people from different realm are different. Also you may end up with newbies to the game that don't know what is what...