Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem is worse now. On our server at least it was allowed to swap hands every other turn. I say allowed because well you can never get 40 people to agree on everything but if a large number of attackers go all out and a significant number of defenders don't then you get a swap and well it was consistent. Now there is no incentive to do anything. So you get a small group of people that attack hard core while most just wait out the piddly loss honor. On the other side though you get a vast amount who are willing to put in that little effort to get the honor for keeping it, Which on my server means since the "hot fix" hot break more like it the place has not once changed hands.

Fact is all the PVP BG like WG and TB are BULL@$#^. No one likes them. No one really wants to do them. They are 100% worthless and usually 75% unbalanced. TB for example just means the defender only have to defend 1 spot and they hold. People were fine with the switch. People were fine with the 1800. Now no one cares except for those who are bored or HC PVP which are not the whole player base.

Return it to like it was or get rid of it. Have both sets of NPC there all the time to give quests. Have the dungeon open to both sides all the time. Either that or make it into a BG [fixed for balance first] so people can gain honor, rep, and the higher form of pvp award but make the world location a quest hub that alternates control every other day. Day one Horde then alliance and back again. No BS battles to win or lose you want to do that go and que for the BG version.

imo easiest way to fix (atleast temporary) is to simply let more attackers than defenders joing TB and/or make destroing towers give WG like buffs

Deleted
    Not good news. I enjoyed the 1800 honor, when i was able to get it. I enjoyed the daily quests every day. And i enjoyed the Baradin Hold once a week.
    It will be reverted back to not being contested zone, but being "horde" zone. The first few weeks i couldn't do dailies and i couldn't do BH, cause on my realm horde was controlling it 24/7.
    It's a stupid change imo, in my eyes it will only do harm to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to this being Horde barad

Glad I got my pvp set finished. I won't have to go in TB anymore. This is Horde territory anyway on my server (I am alliance)....But considering most horde is already exalted with drakes and all, I thing it will be a phantom zone in 1 month, only used to get free purples for Horde who already overgear Alliance anyway.

I don't see a problem with that exploit.... on my realm the horde has a much lower population which means that as an alliance player I rarely get into Tol Barad. Why should I and other alliance lose out on PVP upgrades just because we happen to be on the more heavily populated faction ? Surely making it easier for horde to farm honor and so get PVP gear faster will just create more imbalance... they will be far better geared for PVP than my faction in future which will give them a considerable advantage.

Shame I didn't take full advantage of the exploit while it was there to get a full set of PVP gear as many others did.

Blizzard should make it so that the offensive faction gets to decide the number of ppl that join the battle(by the number of ppl that queue). That way servers that are not balanced will have a much better chance of winning 1/2 the time. I don't care about the actual honor amount personally, I just want to be able to get into the battle EVER. There is literally 1 to 5 alliance MAX in the battle ever.... and yet we(horde) have like 500+ ppl queuing.... if you are lucky you will get into a battle once.<-that is a period BTW.

i am happy with this change. when I read they were bumping the win to 10x more honour the first thing I thought was 'this is just gonna encourage win trading and even more bridge exploiting.' both of which make me sick. how could they not have anticipated this? it makes me wonder if the designers really have any clue at all.
    Yesterday on my server there must've been 100 odd people sitting at the bridge to tol barad waiting to skip over the line at the last second. how pathetic.
    So much for a pvp zone.
    I wish they'd get around to fixing the map already and bring back the fun in large scale pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gousuke View Post
    We wouldn't need the bridge exploit if we didn't have to pray to the RNG gods to let us in there. At least give me a consolation prize for queuing since 15 minutes before!
    No no no no. Praying RNG gods is my line. and i use it to describe my retrifailadin rotation. Dont steal my lines!

Anyone who didn't take part in the win trading and bridge exploit either because they were away for the holidays, they were too honest, their particular server didn't win trade or they were unaware to it is now totally screwed in PvP for months.

I hope there is a balance to this and they lower the cost of honor items or bump the honor from BG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    So instead of balancing the area so that both sides have an equal chance to win, they start yanking around numbers now?

On our server we had win-trading because it was the only way both sides could have a little fun. Guess it's back to being Horde controlled permanently now then. Much like Wintergrasp was.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Agreed, but a minor advantage. The whole point of the 1800 honor was that it was an INCENTIVE for winning a difficult battle. Now for winning a difficult battle we have no incentive(360 honor...). This makes Tol Barad almost pointless to attack unless you're fighting very early in the mornings.
    Incentive? For winning a difficult battle? Yeah right. standing around getting 1800 free honor thats what it was all about.

360 honor for half an hour not enough for you? Good enjoy your 20 minute horde queues, real pvpers instead of leeches such as you will have lots of fun in TB.

Deleted
    This hotfix doesnt affect much,only in few realm it will be fights again,all whos in defend think"im not playing,i get more honor in attackin",blizzard CHANGE the f.... TB system.please?

pfff it has been a bug in wg as well if you fly in wg just before it finnish you also won it and you didn;t even get teleported to dalaran but just out side the zone there

10+ Year Old Account
    And now were back to one side per server owning the zone.
    Also the 40v40 needs to be raised higher, much higher.

My theory on the honor going down is this...

Blizz bumped it up to 1800 fore awhile, but now that they are done getting their PvP gear its back down to a substantially lower amount...
    I just get this funny feeling it was only raised so Ghostcrawler and the rest of them could get geared much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    My theory on the honor going down is this...

Blizz bumped it up to 1800 fore awhile, but now that they are done getting their PvP gear its back down to a substantially lower amount...
    I just get this funny feeling it was only raised so Ghostcrawler and the rest of them could get geared much easier...
    Umm... Paranoid much?

I bet everytime a class gets buff, you're one of those that think it's just because a Blizzard developer plays that class?

Deleted
    Great, now tons of people got all the PvP gear they could want with 0 effort while I couldn't get in and weren't even able to save up for a trinket I can use in PvP. Stupid WoW PvP BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    And now were back to one side per server owning the zone.
    Also the 40v40 needs to be raised higher, much higher.
    Idk how 40v40 or 5,000v5,000 matters in any way when if only 10 Horde queue, only 10 Alliance get in, and vice-versa.

The mandatory side-equality needs to die.

Bring buffs to uneven sides back. Make the battle challenging. Give real honor rewards, amounts that actually make a person want to fight for their side, but not amounts that are so drastically different that it encourages swapping. It is a world PvP zone, per realm, per set amount of time, per day with a raid and dailys. It is not an instanced BG where winning or losing means nothing more than a requeue.

Almost everyone on the realm has a stake in these battles. It provides so much more than honor, and should be treated as world PvP, not an instanced skirmish.

At least, imo.

lol i was happy witht the 1800honor now i am full geared and don't need it anymore now i can finally lvl a alt without worry about mine main that he isnt geared yet