Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I got the rep done on 2 characters within 3 days each. Just collect eggs.

Seems like a lot of players don't go into the mines...found 3 there this morning before work.

Deleted
    Dailies. And then looking for eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Head down into the mines part that has the flayers and ravagers. I would run into each chamber at 80 and aoe everything down, loot for eggs. Loot eggs that spawn. If you can skin, skin. Also mine the nethecite ore.

I got mine in 3 or 4 days, I can't remember. It was relatively painless, though.
    Do mobs drop eggs too?

I got mine mostly just running dailies and grabbing the occasional egg. While it does take some time, it's not as bad as it may seem. If you really have time to just fly around and get eggs, sure that'll help, but don't plan on it. The best bet is to just focus on the dailies, and you'll have your new mounts within a few weeks.

Its also good to note that after you are done with the rep, the other drakes can be bought in Shatrath city near all those netherdrakes in town. You only get to pick one free one once your exalted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eggs have a 2 hour respawn timer. Kill the Flayer mobs in the mine, I get 3 or 4 per day just running back and forth looking for egg spawns while killing some of them on the way. I dont have any luck with the Oozes dropping eggs in their sludge bags, but maybe you will have luck.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    That's what I'm doing. Pretty much running around collecting eggs while I wait in the dungeon finder. I went from hated to almost honered in 2 days. And I have 3 eggs in my bag right now. It goes pretty quick if you farm the eggs....I guessing I have about 3 or 4 more days before I have my mount. Probably lvl my rogue and log back and fort to see if the eggs have spawned.

Thanks for the help guys.
    the eggs are on a 45/50 min respawn timer - the maximum you can get in one go is 8, but you should average 6 every circuit

edit: the poster above me say 2 hours, i'm absolutely sure it's 45 mins as i was logging in from work every 45 mins, rounding up 6 eggs in 5 mins, logging off, then logging back on 45 mins later for another 6 eggs. got exalted in about 4 days.

edit2: and yes, mobs drop eggs as well, the flayers in the mine seemed to have the best droprate, but it's still pants - it's worth looting them if you kill them, but i wouldn't say they were really worth farming. you can also get them from the herb and mining nodes, seeing as you can hand those in for dailies, it's worth farming those if you can.
    Last edited by smokii; 2011-01-07 at 05:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    the eggs are on a 45/50 min respawn timer - the maximum you can get in one go is 8, but you should average 6 every circuit

edit: the poster above me say 2 hours, i'm absolutely sure it's 45 mins as i was logging in from work every 45 mins, rounding up 6 eggs in 5 mins, logging off, then logging back on 45 mins later for another 6 eggs. got exalted in about 4 days.

edit2: and yes, mobs drop eggs as well, the flayers in the mine seemed to have the best droprate, but it's still pants - but worth looting them if you kill them, but i wouldn't say they were really worth farming. you can get them from the herb and mining nodes as well, seeing as you can hand those in for dailies, it's worth farming them if you can.
    Every youtube video Ive seen mentions the respawn timer being 2 hours. /shrug

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Server resets are a plus too! found 8 right away!

Quote Originally Posted by Waisohawtz View Post
    Server resets are a plus too! found 8 right away!
    I'll keep that in mind....good tip.

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    edit2: and yes, mobs drop eggs as well, the flayers in the mine seemed to have the best droprate, but it's still pants - it's worth looting them if you kill them, but i wouldn't say they were really worth farming. you can also get them from the herb and mining nodes, seeing as you can hand those in for dailies, it's worth farming those if you can.
    Well at lvl 85 it's one hit kills pretty much so it's not like it takes a lot fo time really. I'll be in the mine anyway soo....why not killem all while I'm there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eggs for the win...but at least do some of the dailies. IMHO, the Booterang is pure win.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

On another note...whats the easiest way to get a proto drake?

The eggs are not hatching the green drake for me and it's getting on my nerves. I have proabably opened 30 of them so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Here is a video I did a little while back, if you don't like avenged sevenfold.. mute it =)

Deleted
    I know you need to get rep and whatnot but is there a "quickest" way?

Hahaha. I love it when lazy people ask stuff like this. There's precisely one way and that's doing dailies - and picking up the random eggs.

There's a certain quest chain in SMV you need to complete first though, but shouldn't be a problem to solo at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Hahaha. I love it when lazy people ask stuff like this. There's precisely one way and that's doing dailies - and picking up the random eggs.

There's a certain quest chain in SMV you need to complete first though, but shouldn't be a problem to solo at 85.
    It's not lazy. Why spend more time than you need to when there is a new expansion pack out?

On another note...whats the easiest way to get a proto drake?

The eggs are not hatching the green drake for me and it's getting on my nerves. I have proabably opened 30 of them so far.
    i would think doing the glory of the hero would be easiest if you dont like to gamble on the egg. at 85 you should have no trouble doing them all...only problem would be the less-rabi one as it requires timing more than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm..ok. Thanks.

How long should this take if I do the dalies every day? Also this will be a 310% mount if I have trained right?
    It took we 17 days when everyone was doing it. Doing all the dailies and finding at least 3 eggs per day.

Now it should take you about 10 days or less since you can easily farm 10-15 eggs in a couple hours. No ones doing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    It took we 17 days when everyone was doing it. Doing all the dailies and finding at least 3 eggs per day.

Now it should take you about 10 days or less since you can easily farm 10-15 eggs in a couple hours. No ones doing it anymore.
    Believe it or not there are people farming the eggs....though I'm sute it's not even near the number it was.